Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*All* Name change queries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hibernia93

Hey guys as mentioned in the title, how much is a Ryanair name change fee to change a name I've flights booked to Faro in September and Warsaw in October for the football. Do you have to pay the fee twice? (Ie both of the trips are return) Cheers thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Name change fees are charged per passenger/per booking.

Name Change Fee -
    Per Passenger
    €110 / £110

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/terms-and-conditions/regulations-flightandnamechanges/

That's not to bad thought it be double (so 220) thanks very much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

As far as i know you get 24 hours to change your booking (names) for free. So if you've just booked it. Get onto it quick.

That's correct you can sarah, but I booked these flights long ago thanks though :)

• Advertisement

Update on my initial question for my flight to Faro myself and three other friends booked in, but one of our party can't make it he paid €150 for the flight plus a checked bag on Ryanair, I don't think selling the flight to someone else would be worth it considering the (110 charge) but does anyone know if its possible for him to use the flight to somewhere else in the future???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭PhosphoricAcid

I was booking a flight from Dublin to Toronto via NY with United Airways and accidentally listed my date of birth as 7th of July 1995 when it actually is the 7th of February 1995. Thought that they'd want the date in the American format as that's what it was like at other stages of the booking,

Ive submitted the application form to their customer care team but I was just wondering is it something to worry about and could it be amended free of charge? and even if it wasn't amended would it be an issue because I don't really see how it could be but hard to know when travelling to the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Ticket has to match the Passport so yes, it will be an issue. Call United to have them amend it - they will probably charge but it was your error, not theirs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

They did it for me for free! They said only name changes incurred a fee - and even then they had room to move if it was a genuine error (Joohn instead of John, etc).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

So I'm traveling with my dad this weekend, he tried to check in but did not do it properly - he got a mail saying only one of the party was checked in. So I went to check it, thinking he'd checked himself in but not me, but it tuned out to me the other day around. When I checked, it seemed I was checked in, but not him. I checked him in fine, but what I think happened is he checked me in - with his details - his date of birth and passport number.

I cant find a way to check or edit this. The boarding pass says nothing - but if I go to the desk are they going to check my passport details against what's on file?

What should I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,871 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Zascar wrote: »
    So I'm traveling with my dad this weekend, he tried to check in but did not do it properly - he got a mail saying only one of the party was checked in. So I went to check it, thinking he'd checked himself in but not me, but it tuned out to me the other day around. When I checked, it seemed I was checked in, but not him. I checked him in fine, but what I think happened is he checked me in - with his details - his date of birth and passport number.

I cant find a way to check or edit this. The boarding pass says nothing - but if I go to the desk are they going to check my passport details against what's on file?

What should I do?
    where are you going ?
    If its to spain then the passport numbers are important as its part of their government pre clearance.
    If its to anywhere else (and you are an EU citizen not needing a visa or anything), its Ryanair wasting your time with passport number entry for no reason, and it isnt checked or needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

From my experience your boarding pass will be checked against your passport (usually with a cursory glance, I once witnessed someone getting through for a Madrid flight when the queue was for Manchester) and that's it. They don't have time to check it against a database/file. You'll be fine.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Got it sorted using the live chat function - impressive service from Ryanair!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 purplebird

Hi asking a question for a friend. She's due to fly to Frankfurt with Aer Lingus on Sunday. She added a checked bag after she had booked her flight, but when she went to do it she realised that the surname on her booking (Keegan) was different to that on her passport (Woods). She got it changed, however her checked baggage is still under Keegan. If she checks in at Dublin will she still be aloud to check-in her bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭danger_mouse_tm

HI,

I just booked and paid for a ryanair flight for my freind. I booked it as John Smith but the name on the passport is John Jacob Smith. Is this going to be a problem?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt ?

John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt ?
    That was his father. You know the guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

HI,

I just booked and paid for a ryanair flight for my freind. I booked it as John Smith but the name on the passport is John Jacob Smith. Is this going to be a problem?

Thanks

When did you book it, they make such changes for free within 24 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

HI,

Thanks

Depends on the mode of the check-in person, this is "better" than if it was "Jacob Smith" on the ticket, there is even a change they will not notice the "middle" name.

• Advertisement

it was booked this evening..... I will try re arranging it online. I think otherwise it's a 110 euro fee EACH way

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bisounours

First name John Jacob or first name John middle name Jacob?

I never use my middle name booking flights (and it's on my passport) and have never had an issue.

it was booked this evening..... I will try re arranging it online. I think otherwise it's a 110 euro fee EACH way

Their online chat or twitter account are the easiest ways to contact them for this

bisounours wrote: »
    First name John Jacob or first name John middle name Jacob?

I never use my middle name booking flights (and it's on my passport) and have never had an issue.

Good point. I would have guessed that the middle name is jacob (obviously I'm only using an example ) but the real name is actually eastern european and I can't be sure... It could be like Mary Doyle Kennedy where Doyle would have been her maiden name. Or it could be Anne Marie Dunne. Just Anne Dunne might be an issue.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

My passport says First name Second name and Surname. I always book under First name and Surname and have never had a problem.

I logged into the booking and went to name change. It says that the passengers have already checked in or their passport information has been submitted. I cannot proceed....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I logged into the booking and went to name change. It says that the passengers have already checked in or their passport information has been submitted. I cannot proceed....

It will be fine. Don't stress.

As I said, live chat or twitter.

So, how did your friend get on?

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    So, how did your friend get on?

I couldn't change the name online but I did the online chat with Ryanair at 6am in the morning. They said they didn't need the middle name. I printed out the chat. There is alt radio an option on the chart window to email the conversation

Advertisement