Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Paper 1

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

I've always been shocking at Irish but this was a god send :D

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Cheers for the replies! Haha, I knew I should of done Spanish as a foreign language!:p But I wrote 2 and a half pages on politicians all out of foinse so perfect grammar..... Hope to God all that learning pays off!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭monaghanman10

lovely paper first comprehension was tough second was handy,did the second aiste,wrote 6 and half pages about the leaders of the church politicians ,america companies calling for better education and then finished it with the world cup:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Oh Sheesh Yall Twas A Dream

What was the name of the person on the tape "sean".. the ones who was going on about oxygen.

Did ye get 24 for the last answer ?

The first comprehension was absolute muck, Didn't even know what it was on about some guy going on walks, At least with the TK one I actually learned something about how he did a legger when he crashed the car and yer one died. you would think they would have comprehensions you could relate to

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭cailin_donn

Blerdiii wrote: »
    bahahhaa that was soo easy! (ol)
    left paper 1 after 30 mins and had everything done and more..i love pass....gonna be so obvious for the corrector that its a protetstant school, only like 10 honours papers!
    the stories some ppl wrote were fantastic! oh the ball came towards me....oh no timpiste!!! XD I LOVE PASS!

So... because youre in a Protestant school its sooooo obvious because noone bothers with Irish because it's sooooo beneath them to even bother to make an effort to learn the language of your country?

And only having 10 ppl doing honours doesnt mean a thing... there could be only 15-20 in your year... we had around 50 doing honours, out of 80.We're a convent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭neiler987

does any1 else have an opinion for what i done for the giota please ?

for the giota (i) i just basically copied paragraph 4 on the first comprehension

about the weather in ireland i think ... will this give me the majorty of de marks say about 40 out of the 60 coz i copied it straight from the text

word for word so i dont know what happens when u do that ??

any ideas on what i wud get please ????

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Can't imagine ripping something from somehwere else on the paper would go down well tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

what ? in the public everyone in my class just did what the public talks about ??? one girls said politics nd i said they always talking about young people & criminals

Can't imagine ripping something from somehwere else on the paper would go down well tbh

well i waz told u can write anything for the giota nd if its not relevant to

the question u lose 10 out 60 marks for the tasc part

does anything include the text on the paper itself ???????

think about the letter when u used words like post samhraidh nd
    thuismitheoiri nd cara ??
    even tho there in the text ur allowed 2 use them

doesnt matter how many u use as long as u write something down ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

bubblz wrote: »
    what ? in the public everyone in my class just did what the public talks about ??? one girls said politics nd i said they always talking about young people & criminals

People who are in the public eye is roughly what it meant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Anyone doing pass, was it definitely about offering the job to yer man? I wrote about how I got the job. Balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 yaknowamsayin

How'd everyone get on?

I left after 30mins, not counting irish in my points, nor do I have any interest to learn it. Seemed handy enough essay, didn't understand the letter.

Sat there for the whole 2 hours and 50 mins. My irish is ****e but I enjoyed writing my sceal about God fighting the Devil. Ted kennedy the man with the plan came up waaaayyy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

well thats irish gone for me.. so pissed off... :( what do u think the marks will be like now???

Sorry mate that post didn't make a lot of sense to me as I did HL so I dunno what was on your paper.

Seriously though, using common words that just happened to be on the paper isn't the same as copying a passage word for word. You might be ok, but I would imagine the eaminer will cop it straight away and wouldn't be impressed

• Registered Users Posts: 43 swabby

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    I did the importance of good news - 3/4 of it was bad news lol. Otherwise okay - WTF IS A CAMINO?

Did the same but 100% was about bad news, just said we dont get good news, all we hear about is bad news and crime, then just wrote about crime, drugs, alcohol etc... only managed 2pages tho and judging by what im reading here it wont be enough for a c3. thought the aural was okay, did better than expected in it, i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 swabby

lovely paper first comprehension was tough second was handy,did the second aiste,wrote 6 and half pages about the leaders of the church politicians ,america companies calling for better education and then finished it with the world cup:D

6 1/2 pages???????????? i hope you die, ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Ahhh. Made a silly mistake!

I did the one about the people being unhealthy and lazy, but I didnt see it saw "A leanas..."- to agree with it. I disagreed with the title in most, going on about that despite a difficult education system youth still strive and get great results and work hard, spoke about the despite some groups using drugs/drink most people drink in moderation etc

I wonder whats the most they'll give me :(

thats not what it means? as far as i no its not.i think it ment the following?
    if not i made the same mistake as you for half it:o
    anyone else have an opinion here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I screwed up the letter in OL by writing about the job instead of offering it to a friend. Presumably I'm going to lose a lot of marks, right?

Not a huge amount I wouldn't think, you mistranslated the question so you'll be penalised but not heavily, if your Irish was decent throughout the answer you'll still get good marks.

It's not HL, they expect a few mistranslations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Peter03

kev9100 wrote: »
    I screwed up the letter in OL by writing about the job instead of offering it to a friend. Presumably I'm going to lose a lot of marks, right?

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

I did the same! but i don't think a large amount of marks go for purpose like in english!:)
    think about it you have your opening and closing paragraph and you probably described the job in some form , as did I! I'd say you get at least half marks?
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Melena wrote: »
    I did the same! but i don't think a large amount of marks go for purpose like in english!:)
    think about it you have your opening and closing paragraph and you probably described the job in some form , as did I! I'd say you get at least half marks?
    :P

I really, realy, really hope we don't get hit too hard. All I want to do is pass Irish and never speak another word of it again.

Ah feck I wrote letter as if I had the job too...meh should still pass no bother. And I was so pleased with my letter too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 L.C.Deirdre

lallychops wrote: »
    did anyone do the essay people in the public eye? if so did u do famous people? i did politicans!!!!:o

Yup, I had my rant about politicians too!!:D

Tá teach ósta nua oscailte ag do thuismitheoirí agus tá post samhraidh ar fáil sa chistin ann.
    Scríobh an litir (leathleathanach nó mar sin) a chuirfeá chuig cara leat ag insint dó/di faoin
    bpost agus ag moladh dó/di iarratas a chur isteach ar an bpost sin.

Anyone actually able to understand Irish care to confirm what it means?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

I really, realy, really hope we don't get hit too hard. All I want to do is pass Irish and never speak another word of it again.

I am the same! from my experience its almost impossible to fail pass Irish you have to really just NOT try!
    so you'll be grand!
    Ireland like to see all the young ones pass Irish too! looks bad otherwise!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Frankjones100

Is it true that relevance is only worth about 20% on the marks in ordinary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

ok i'm freaking out did anyone do the dispoireacht for HL? I can't find anyone else who did and i'm freaking out that i mis-translated it! did it mean that there's a decline in store for gaeltachts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Ditzie wrote: »
    ok i'm freaking out did anyone do the dispoireacht for HL? I can't find anyone else who did and i'm freaking out that i mis-translated it! did it mean that there's a decline in store for gaeltachts?

That's exactly what it meant!:)

Advertisement