Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭LIFETRAP

Are people playing CS on PSN? Add me if you are, LIFETRAP is the ID.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

OAW MAW GAAAAAAAEWD

LokTest 2 with Haz vs Platinum! GET HYPE?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Platinum is like everything I dislike about GG rolled into one character.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

She's so gonna be my sub :D

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I was at the loctest in akihabara. everyone was picking platinum and a few chose makoto too. Tbh I dont know enough about the game to tell you anything that the video above will, but it is still really nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Go brag somewhere else, Anto :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Some 2nd loketest info is out if you missed it.

Thread on DL

Edit: Doesn't look as crazy as the 1st but it has moments...
    MEANWHILE AT ARCSYS

"Valkenhayn has awesome mixup and does like 5k a combo. How's that sounding?"
    "Fine."
    "Fine."
    "Fine."
    "What about Tsubaki, gentlemen?"
    "She's getting 2k off a throw."
    "Broken."
    "Broken."
    "Broken."
    "Alright gents, we're nerfing Tsubaki."

voltic charge command now 214D Questionable, but fine.
    + magnetism pull now stronger
    >=3
    + 6A can now be held to pull in opponent
    >=3
    + can gadget after 360A
    Against a late tech, or certain charas, this was possible anyway.
    + sledge hammer much faster
    >=3
    + 4D pulls more
    >=3
    - 5D only pulls opponent during active frames
    ='( Oh well. No biggie. I think this costs me my 5D full screen tech trap though
    - 5C cannot combo into 6A
    Aw what...that was my spark, 5D, and BnB follow up...

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Lambchops' 4B is starting to sound usable now, huzzah! Plus I think her sickle is apparently faster startup with less recovery.

I don't think her gravity floats on hit any more, though. Plus throws are apparently harder to combo, so I'll need to sit down and grind out the timing for that again I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

More nerfs for Arakune, if he turns out to be crap Im just gonna say **** it and pick whoever's top tier. He's really fun to play as but "playing to win" and all that.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure Arakune's character design fundamentally stops him from being a bad character, you may just need to land curse to get all the craziness out of him.

Ooooooooooohh-ho-ho!
    "+ Sledge follow up as anti-projectile armor"

For those not in the know, this means it now just got a LOT harder for lamba projectile based attacks to get a free D hit after baiting sledge.

YOMI SON

Apparently they removed the invulnerability on Lambchop's gravity. This definitely needs changed back before the final release. :(

Vyze wrote: »
    Apparently they removed the invulnerability on Lambchop's gravity. This definitely needs changed back before the final release. :(
    :cool:

Also! I'm downloading the footage from WoH2 and planning on making a lil hype video as an ad for the WoH 3 next month. If people could point out what combos - moments - coolness was recorded, I'll do my best to include them. (Like, I'm including game 2's round 3 finisher on me and Joe, with the 2D, air-coolness, j2C to Hazombo, as well as any completed Lambda rapid combo I come across...and anything by Ramza.)

Joe and the JoeVC will get their own "Squirrelly Wrath" video though. People must be warned about this 3c menace!

Voa wrote: »

Also! I'm downloading the footage from WoH2 and planning on making a lil hype video as an ad for the WoH 3 next month. If people could point out what combos - moments - coolness was recorded, I'll do my best to include them. (Like, I'm including game 2's round 3 finisher on me and Joe, with the 2D, air-coolness, j2C to Hazombo, as well as any completed Lambda rapid combo I come across...and anything by Ramza.)

Joe and the JoeVC will get their own "Squirrelly Wrath" video though. People must be warned about this 3c menace!
    I don't remember doing anything flashy in any of my vids. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

All of Doom's airthrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

anything by Ramza

I know I'm da best

Nah jk, cool idea ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

TBH I think Lambda was perfect in CS, but they REALLY seem to want to make the Murakumo Unit's bottom tier =/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

If I can nominate some stuff from my own matches:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-vkVWyQDUI&t=2m16s
    720 grabbing Jarvy's Ragna out of Hell's Fang. Not much else I can say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWjmRnaMLlk&t=34s
    Atomic Collider supremacy from the 5v5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWjmRnaMLlk&t=1m52s
    "CH 2C, time to have some fun... oops, missed the second 2C. Oh wait, did I just 360B you there? And I have a Spark Bolt ready too? Muhahahahaha!" Would have been a bit cooler had i not messed up after the super, though.

Also, I remember seeing Gory do an 89-hit combo with Arakune on the Hauppauge setup. Is there footage of that?

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Just wondering when BB:CS comes out on 360 over here, will Valk and Makoto be up on xbox live for download on EU servers or will we hafta wait? Just wondering should I be putting money aside for xbox live points too.

• Advertisement

Just wondering when BB:CS comes out on 360 over here, will Valk and Makoto be up on xbox live for download on EU servers or will we hafta wait? Just wondering should I be putting money aside for xbox live points too.

when it comes out you can buy them right away i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Definitely Makoto anyways since there's a download code for her included in the Fan Edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sairus wrote: »
    Definitely Makoto anyways since there's a download code for her included in the Fan Edition.
    WHERE'S MAH FAN'S EDISHIUN?

I can't remember doing anything really "cool" or flashy so to say, outside of normal play and combos.

One thing that springs to mind was when Joe did Death Spike to me, I knew he would try and move afterwards (he did 5B), so I activated Yukikaze (actually a tip Joe gave me when I first started playing :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00AqoA9CdWk#t=0m56s

Hakumen's combos are quit cool looking for the most part, some combos that stick out for me that are not part of the main Haku combo archetype would be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeiabee2k04#t=0m30s Nice Renka to Gurren combo, instead of finishing with a usual 6C I decided to go for style and do an extended combo for pretty much same damage :pac: (does a bit more afaik)

^ Also my comeback in first round vs Joe in that same game, was good I though but maybe a bit too long to fit in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeiabee2k04#t=6m14s Nice throw > Renka combo here

Ramza wrote: »
    One thing that springs to mind was when Joe did Death Spike to me, I knew he would try and move afterwards (he did 5B), so I activated Yukikaze (actually a tip Joe gave me when I first started playing smile.gif)

yeah that was nice ramza, that why after dead spike i paused a bit, cause i didn't want to hit your counter. I'm not sure whats cool or not, or which combos.

The only thing i can think was amusing is when xinkai droped the controller, but i droped my combo and the panic on his face lol

Well voa i'll let you decide on my combos then ^^
    Ramza wrote: »
    I can't remember doing anything really "cool" or flashy so to say, outside of normal play and combos.

One thing that springs to mind was when Joe did Death Spike to me, I knew he would try and move afterwards (he did 5B), so I activated Yukikaze (actually a tip Joe gave me when I first started playing )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00AqoA9CdWk#t=0m56s

Hakumen's combos are quit cool looking for the most part, some combos that stick out for me that are not part of the main Haku combo archetype would be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeiabee2k04#t=0m30s Nice Renka to Gurren combo, instead of finishing with a usual 6C I decided to go for style and do an extended combo for pretty much same damage (does a bit more afaik)

^ Also my comeback in first round vs Joe in that same game, was good I though but maybe a bit too long to fit in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeiabee2k04#t=6m14s Nice throw > Renka combo here

Why is it most of the combos vid are against me >.< not just you ramza but everyone else >.< i feel like you guys just want to watch makoto being beat up by combos lol

chueytoo wrote: »
    Why is it most of the combos vid are against me >.< not just you ramza but everyone else >.< i feel like you guys just want to watch makoto being beat up by combos lol
    Well it's always worth putting Makoto as the dummy in training mode cuz of her retarded-ass hitbox!

Well it's always worth putting Makoto as the dummy in training mode cuz of her retarded-ass hitbox!
    THANK YOU FOR AGREEING WITH ME.

My thoughts on Hakumen's changes :
    - Hakumen nerfed so hard, I can't even write it all down. He might even be the weakest now
    All C moves are faster.
    - Backthrow has less recovery, can combo afterwards in the corner.
    - 3C -> 3C doesn't combo.
    - Can't followup after 5D, jD, 6D.
    - Renka changed to 236B. Wallbounces, can followup with 6C.
    - Hotaru wallbounces, can followup with 6C.
    - Enma lifts higher, harder to combo.
    - Tsubaki slides, can only followup in corner.
    - Changed to 5 primers.
    - Slower magatama recovery.
    - 6B damage increased.
    - 623A cancelable during movement.
    - MUGEN: after gauge depletes, will not increase for at least 6 seconds.
    - Yukikaze: will only show superflash after a successful counter. Gauge depletes on use either way. AH still has superflash. (Was this in the first loketest? Not sure.)

All C moves are faster is good news, nice to hear, not like they were bad anyway!

Backthrow combos now with no RC is nice to see

3C - 3C not comboing now is annoying to see, but in fairness it was a little OP. 1776 damage easily. However I do believe that 3C, 2B pickup to whatever will still be a viable combo, at the price of stars

Wow, now made the only drive followupable 2D, really stupid imo! Only way to combo off his drives was JD or 6D/2D, this is just plain silly :mad:

Changing motions yet again, thanks Ark Sys. And Renka wall bounces now? I think that might be good news as midscreen to combo further off Renka you had to Gurren (214A) or Kishu-Enma (SRK + AA). In corner though this could be **** (unless standard 2C/5B followups still work). Bit flaky but will see for now

Hotaru wallbounces? How would that work? Interesting, might remove some of his most damage combos =[ Will need to see further too

OMG WHAT!? They are making his main midscreen combo starter launch higher, maybe even making it not possible to do BnB off of now. How stupid. Taking away combos, good idea. This is very bad news

Tsubaki slides now midscreen, so stupid. It costs 3 stars, it should combo anywhere. Silly silly

5 primers, wtf

SLOWER MAGATAMA RECOVERY!? WHAAT

6B damage increase is nice I guess, still no followups, still fine though :)

623A cancellable, really cool change

Wow, all I can say is it looks pretty bad! They removed some stuff, like his main launcher midscreen/combo tool, and looks like they nerfed his other combo tools? Why?? And nerfed his drives, which were ok? Looks pretty bad to me, I will have to see what this whole wall bounce thing looks like as to see whether his main damage BnBs are gone. I think some of the changes make no sense and I don't agree with them

However I love Hakumen as my main/character :)

Right, I got all my pretty pretty codecs working. The trouble will be that it won't be beautiful 720p mp4s as the program I'm cuttin' this together with won't take mp4, but it will take avi...so I had to convert to avi, and then I can start cuttin' 'em up. But the conversion and re-encoding loses a chunk of quality, making the video I have look 360p or so. I've no idea how the upload's gonna look right now. I'll cut together a demo with some audio or and some fades, put 'em up on my channel for people to see..

Might make an Irish BB channel so I can just put stuff there =P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I have some sad news.

Caruluru may be dropped as my main.

If I can get the hang of my super secret new mains' combos then I'll be using that character at WoH: Rebel 3.

Advertisement