Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Voa wrote: »
    Right, I got all my pretty pretty codecs working. The trouble will be that it won't be beautiful 720p mp4s as the program I'm cuttin' this together with won't take mp4, but it will take avi...so I had to convert to avi, and then I can start cuttin' 'em up. But the conversion and re-encoding loses a chunk of quality, making the video I have look 360p or so. I've no idea how the upload's gonna look right now. I'll cut together a demo with some audio or and some fades, put 'em up on my channel for people to see..

Might make an Irish BB channel so I can just put stuff there =P

So far my youtube channal is only blazblue stuff, since me and doom agreed that his would be ssf4 and i can use my chanal for bb. or we can make a new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Ok so no training mode is really starting to get to me now

Wanted to mess with Carl's stuff, ran my PC leak with the training patch etc, still not the same, I can't concentrate properly or get stuff out without a proper training mode with options and stuff. It just pisses me off the more time I spend with it. Not to mention I have to play with no BG so it hurts my eyes >.<

Consider yourselves lucky =P until the 28th xD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I have some sad news.

Caruluru may be dropped as my main.

If I can get the hang of my super secret new mains' combos then I'll be using that character at WoH: Rebel 3.
    Noooooo our hypest CARURURURURUURURU... Profound sadness*:(

Also,*http://www.youtube.com/user/IrishBlazBlue is now the Irish Blazblue channel to where I'll upload the vids once their finished*:cool:

Expect a test file to go up some time over the weekend.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Dear God, please make a better intro that that :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Uuuuuh... I'm with Oneion on this one Voa...

• Advertisement

Me 3

You want me to make one?

Well sod the lot of ya*:(

Though in fairness, it was one I kinda tossed together in about 30 seconds to muck about with the program, having just about gotten vegas working. If ye've got some suggestions go ahead, but I've not the time nor the energy at this moment to dig and convert all the footage...yet.

Once I get a lil rest I'll probably cut together a BBVlog style intro, you know, random acts of violence with a catchy beat. I'll hold onto my raw .avi of the JoeVC so we can put the new intro up with it*:p

I'm good/used to doing stuff like that, I can throw something together if you like

Basically, anything which is stereotypically Irish = bad. :)

Voa that intro is :( I assume you want an intro like the bbvlog? if so when i got the time i can try and bash one out.

• Advertisement

Oh hey look, something else you guys can complain about*:pac:

Though now that it's not 2 am any more, I am starting to dislike it myself...:(

Also, give me a bloody week or two to review, cut, and assemble all the footage from WoH, alright? Vegas makes it kinda easy, but I still need to watch all the matches, take notes then put 'em together... not to mention that to keep the quality, even that lil 1.30 minute vid was about 300 megs.

Do you hate me that much? :( lol

Well, all I can think of when I see you combo are the Foamy Songs with Squirrelly Wrath... so I cut a video of them.*:D

Now I need to consider what music to use for the trailer, what length to do an for an intro... all that fun stuff.

Now I need to consider what music to use for the trailer

Surely this

Naaaaah... it'll do for the Scrub off with you and Orim and you and speedboat though*:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Can't see that in work, but I assume it's a Stan Bush classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Oh hey look, something else you guys can complain about*:pac:

Though now that it's not 2 am any more, I am starting to dislike it myself...:(

Also, give me a bloody week or two to review, cut, and assemble all the footage from WoH, alright? Vegas makes it kinda easy, but I still need to watch all the matches, take notes then put 'em together... not to mention that to keep the quality, even that lil 1.30 minute vid was about 300 megs.
    Not to nitpick, but starting with a bluebeat combo probably isn't a good idea. ;)

Also, didn't that super at 54s whiff? :D

You'd be surprised how little of the total footage was proper hype. Though there was a nice combo that joe did on Yerval...but it was too long to fit anywhere =P Dat gigantic hitbox.
    And yes. Yes it did whiff...hence the quick cut to the super :D

Also, just to say it; these current videos are place holders: I've still all the raw footage and the unrendered JoeVC on my hard drive, and I'll be re-uploading it once I've done a 5-10 second intro with a logo made by Ramza, and some of the footage from WoH 2 (720s and 6k damage may apply =3) The recut will feature a better synch to the music and no whiffed DD or bluebeats.

Okay, I recut the JoeVC; no more bluebeats or visibly dropped comboes =P. Now all I need to is get a new intro...which I will do after I look through some of the footage I have of the matches as well figure out some decent music...I'm almost tempted to use a ten second slice from Sandstorm* or the Aracde Remix, or hey, maybe the Trailer music?

I'm almost tempted to use a ten second slice from Sandstorm*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Seriously, use "The Touch" by Stan Bush or anything from the Rocky IV OST.

"No Easy Way Out" would be my choice.

I'm bored (and an asshole) so I'm going to make an intro or some other videos or w/e, just to pass time and even see if anyone even likes them lol. Not trying to be in your space or w/e, just would like to make one

Ramza wrote: »
    I'm bored (and an asshole) so I'm going to make an intro or some other videos or w/e, just to pass time and even see if anyone even likes them lol. Not trying to be in your space or w/e, just would like to make one
    If I like it, I'll steal it and use it =3

But sometime tonight I'm gonna go through the footage. Will probably use the intro to the trailer as the setup with black and white/slightly cut footage, and one of your images as the end of it, with No Easy Way Out as the actual footage music.*

You'd be surprised how little of the total footage was proper hype. Though there was a nice combo that joe did on Yerval...but it was too long to fit anywhere =P Dat gigantic hitbox.
    And yes. Yes it did whiff...hence the quick cut to the super :D

Also, just to say it; these current videos are place holders: I've still all the raw footage and the unrendered JoeVC on my hard drive, and I'll be re-uploading it once I've done a 5-10 second intro with a logo made by Ramza, and some of the footage from WoH 2 (720s and 6k damage may apply =3) The recut will feature a better synch to the music and no whiffed DD or bluebeats.

Most hype play i would guess from me would be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUW5gyXGS1M (round 1) cause i did the cross up on wake up, i slided under the distortion and also i Rc the mid screen combo to cont the combo in the corner. ( this was all in round 1 tho lol )

chueytoo wrote: »
    Most hype play i would guess from me would be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUW5gyXGS1M (round 1) cause i did the cross up on wake up, i slided under the distortion and also i Rc the mid screen combo to cont the combo in the corner. ( this was all in round 1 tho lol )
    Pity your 5v5 play is all solid BnBs and no fancies...you even black beat a lot =P

No measure of hype like trying to pull hype clips.

Still, there's a lot of nice stuff (I put 2 of your resets in the new version of the vid :pac:)

Pity your 5v5 play is all solid BnBs and no fancies...you even black beat a lot =P

No measure of hype like trying to pull hype clips.

Still, there's a lot of nice stuff (I put 2 of your resets in the new version of the vid :pac:)

true that just solid play. Like i said the only time i tried new stuff was the round1 of the vid i link. especially the Rc at the 1 min mark, also the cross up on wake up i did on xinkai i started to use that on holly in the 5v5. made both players burst ^^

Later on in the same vid you do the same RC combo to corner and your wake up is successful, and you get the kill. Might just use that =P

UPDATE TIME YAAAAAY

Video is finished...it clocks in just under 5 minutes. I'll decide music for it sooner or later =P
    Hope to god I don't have to re-render it again...bloody thing takes half an hour...

Who wants to help me win free stuff?

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44496&id=126073299976
    Mine are the blue-bg/white-text "The Wheel of Fate is Turning", the red-bg/white-text "Be Ready For The Rebel" and the black-bg/orange-and-white-logo Japanese text one. My favourite entry didn't make it through. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Vyze wrote: »
    Who wants to help me win free stuff?

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=44496&id=126073299976
    Mine are the blue-bg/white-text "The Wheel of Fate is Turning", the red-bg/white-text "Be Ready For The Rebel" and the black-bg/orange-and-white-logo Japanese text one. My favourite entry didn't make it through. :(

Curse you Vyze, currently beating me in that competition! XD
    My entry is the Rachel sillouette one =P

Dont listen to this guy. Vote for that awesome Sairus guy instead!
    http://tinyurl.com/33yqejn =D

Also, Continuum Shift is delayed in Europe. Awesome.
    As many of you know, there have been rumours of delay in EU.

Unfortunately, due to technical issues with DLC, we're unable to release on the 29th. Japan are working hard to keep the delay as short as possible and we are expecting the matter to be resolved soon for a mid November release.

Once we have more info, you guys will be among the first to know.
    Thanks for your patience and understanding,
    The Zen Team

Advertisement