Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Your entry is really cool Sairus, and skyrocketed in votes compared to when I left work! From a quick glance, it looks to be between Wheel of Fate, Rachel, Science and Hypedog for who the top 3 will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sorry guys.

Can't argue with the HYPEDOG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

SCIENCE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

So out of boredom was messing around with Carl and his combos/loops etc. Got all of them down for the most part, but still got more work to do. Might mess with him at the next wheel but not confident enough yet to bring him out in tourney matches =3

We'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Three t-shirts can win!
    Vote for VyZe and me. Hype dog doesn't need any help. He's gonna win regardless XD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Sairus wrote: »
    Also, Continuum Shift is delayed in Europe. Awesome.

Words fail me.

Who gives a **** if the DLC is there just give us the ****ing game!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Is anyone suprised by that?

I assume the delay has something to do with that game crashing bug that the Valkenhayn DLC introduced. The patch fixing that was released over the weekend so I imagine they're related.

Saw it coming so don't really care lol

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

The Fan Edition for EU doesn't have a Valk DLC code in it so it's safe to assume he wouldn't have even been out in Europe on launch.

I dunno, this is why everyone felt justified in importing the JP/US versions - literally nobody is surprised by this. I love BBCS but Zen Utd haven't had a good track record at all in releasing it.

• Advertisement

I made a new intro video for the YouTube page, just to pass time and see what I could muster up. Any CC welcome

Also, was talking to Voa, as regards to the channel and content, I'm free literally all the time to edit in player names or any other info, after a given tournament I could have all videos edited and up + info filled in a few hours np.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Ugh I really didnt want that to be true. On GAME the release date is 19 of november, that sound likely to everybody or should I avoid getting my hopes up? Really dissapointed by this. Tis the only title out this xmas that I've been counting down the days for. :(

I just thought hoped in vain that they would eventually stop commiting the exact same act of fail time and time again. There isn't even any justification for it - half the point of DLC is that it can be bolted on later and the release of the base product doesn't have to be delayed (or at least it was before it became a vehicle for extortionate money grabbing).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm happy to hand over my footage of BB from tournaments although I do want some of it to go up on mine- I may give the full tournaments over to ramza/ joe/ voa or whoever and also repost the semis to final on the Bvd channel (It's getting about 100 hits a day since the change over to HD, I'd like for all Irish fighting games to appear there).

I'm happy to hand over my footage of BB from tournaments although I do want some of it to go up on mine- I may give the full tournaments over to ramza/ joe/ voa or whoever and also repost the semis to final on the Bvd channel (It's getting about 100 hits a day since the change over to HD, I'd like for all Irish fighting games to appear there).
    If you want to keep most/all of the stuff on your own channel, that's cool with me, I'll just add them to the favorites on the IBB channel like I did with the DBNI, WoH 2 and 5v5 matches so far.
    Ramza, Joe and yourself all have access to the IBB channel so you *can upload whatever you like to it. I just ask you keep it unlisted until a good look is taken at it by the forum (so we can still see it embedded, but it's not open to the public yet).

Hello.

As many of you are no doubt aware, due to technical issues with the DLC, the release date of BlazBlue Continuum Shift has been delayed.

Unfortunately, this delay will also effect the delivery date of your Fans Edition, as the Limited Edition and the DLC is part of this exclusive offering.

Arc System Works are hoping to resolve this very soon and we're planning to release Continuum Shift in the middle of November.

Hopefully we will get further information of the release and let you know soon. We will post the latest news and information on our Facebook page, so please keep your self updated on http://www.facebook.com/pages/BlazBlue/126073299976

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

The Zen Team

Bastards! I want special treamtent =(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

That e-mail made me sad.

We're already living in the past waiting to play CS on the 360, and now they want us to wait more?

I'd be better off buying my own ps3 and play my own copy of CS than wait for this release

I just bought CT today to keep me going. Have CT already on ps3 but no stick for that so figured I may aswell get back into the swing before CS comes out. Seems like they should just release it now and have the fan edition just come with an unlock code once the dlc stuff is actually sorted. Theres really no excuse not to do it that way. :mad: And I was really looking forward to using Hazama too :(

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ramza wrote: »
    I made a new intro video for the YouTube page, just to pass time and see what I could muster up. Any CC welcome

This is AWESOME. Use it! Uuuuuuse it!

• Advertisement

I'd still love an explanation as to why the DLC matters in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

£ $ €

Orim wrote: »
    £ $ €

Indeed but how can problems regarding it possibly justify a delay releasing the core game?

EVERYONE SHUT UP AND GO HERE NOW.

I think ArcSys might have just lost the plot. Tager 5C, Jin 5C and Jesus Kick all air unblockables? What the crimminy-jicket? Carl gets more damage, Ara's air super INSTA-BUGS?

Thankfully Makoto might just have been brought to a level of her SF4 counter part, rather than her SF3 counter part, so now I won't get insta-salt when I have to fight dat squirrel.

Oh yeah, and now Tager's Hammer after sledge is Fatal.
    Qoi9J.gif

Indeed but how can problems regarding it possibly justify a delay releasing the core game?

Because with characters you are more likely to sell games if they are there on release. You are also more likely to sell DLC.

The main two examples would be :
    A) Someone wants to play Makoto. Makoto DLC isn't available on release. Person decides to wait until the DLC is available and while waiting loses interest in the game. Or god forbid buys it second hand.

B) People are more likely to buy character DLC when the game is fresh. If they have to wait they lose interest.

But wouldnt delaying the game more then likely lead to people losing interest? If they were hoping to increase sales the focus should be on getting it out before COD Black Ops imo. COD doesnt matter to me but alot of people can only afford or make time for one game a month and any casual player isnt gonna care for BB when all their mates have black ops.

I wouldn't think so. It's a relatively obscure title and there isn't much of a build up outside of people that are going to buy it one way or another.

In reality the (A) camp of people would be quite small. The main market would be casuals who would pick it up as "Hmm what's this?" and the (B) scenario will come into play.

I agree that Black Ops will affect it and so will all the other AAA autumn/Xmas titles that are coming out. I'll wait and see but I wouldn't be surprised if this was delayed until first quarter next year. However it would be the only big fighting game (afaik) to come out this quarter so they may want to get out there before the long list of games coming out over the next two years. I'm not marketing but I would think that a January/February would probably work out best.

Yeah starting to worry meself that it'll be delayed till next year. God if that happens I'll just buy CS on ebay or something and buy it again whenever we do get it.

Though from what Voa said about the loketest, it sounds like the game is delayed for a dlc character that will screwd in the next version! :mad:

Ugh. I hadn't thought about it being delayed till next year at all. If it gets delayed again I'll just pick up a US copy =/

• Advertisement

Look at me doing a Doom - Bringing the negative hype!

Advertisement