Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I was gonna say nah it'll come out in november because they dont want it too close to MVC3 but I just remembered battle fantasia came out within the same month as vanilla SF4 so ugh I dunno... Hope they at least confirm its November 19th for sure just so I can book it in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Hakumen's changes aren't bad at all, now I think of it

The only stupid things to be fair is slower magatama recovery, dumb Yukikaze change and messing with his drives

Drives were meant to lead to combos, if you were being subjected to good use of them then you were/are being predictable, it's part of Hakumen's gameplan. Removing followup potential makes them not so dangerous

TBH, changing Renka command means no more messed up TK Hotaru giving a Renka :). Also, faster C moves, watch out y'all. Leaning more towards CT Hakumen? HELL YES

As for his Hotaru and Renka wall splatting, could make them even more useful outside of corner and now better in corner, more combos will be experimented with and found ^^

His launcher BnB launches higher now, as to just stop, j.2C, 5C relaunch over and over, I'm 99.9% sure they wont remove his main staple BnB

There isn't much bad in his changes at all. The drive thing and the slower star recovery is dumb. He could more of a zoning/patient/you play bad for a split second you pay, intimidating character now, which is what he is/meant to be. Corner is where he really shines and you can see how his changes reflect this as they really want to make his corner **** scary

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

wow makoto got it really bad sigh. but what the hell i'll still use her ^^

actully if shes as bad as rachel alucard in cs, then i might have a problem >.<

So out of boredom in the last week I've messed with Carl, Ragna, Jin and now I'm off to train with Litchi. brb lol

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Opinions on new changes:

Arakune:
    - jC has more proration - No Touch of Death, its not like you'd ever land curse without some damage first though anyway.

+ f○g can be comboed into, easier to tack on curses with meter - I'm guessing that's his air super since thats what Voa was talking about. Air super combos = NICE

+ f○g autoaims on the opponent, hits low - Cool I guess

+ f○g gives you 100% curse, probably can't use it to recurse afterwards - Can combo into 100% curse right now anyway, but with the ability to combo into this super + 100% curse = NICE

- Backdash has more recovery - Lame

Jin (Since he's actually got a quite a few changes this time round):
    + 5C air unblockable (barrier guard works) - LOLWUT!?

- 3C techable now - There goes his wakeup pressure with 236C in corner

- 6A forces crouch, can't special cancel - Wow there goes his mixup game

- 5D slower, freeze still as short - Decent move made crappy in CS, made even crappier

+ 5B > 6A gatling added. Of course, it doesn't combo - Useless

+ 2B > 5B gatling added - Should never have been removed

+ 6A can't be punished (unless you IB). Will combo into 5C on CH - Not a great change since he lost the ability to special cancel, 6B is better for CH combos

+ 623C has more untech time, unairtechable from a ground hit. Can still combo - Unairtechable from ground hit? CT easy combos back?
    + Less proration on forward throw's third hit - Cool, but he has like no combos off forward throw anyway

- 5C has less range - Lame

- 2D is slower - Lame

- More proration on back throw - Lame

Arakune finally gets some cool stuff to compensate for his nerfs, Jin loses nearly all of his mixup game, his corner pressure is now trash (the thing I liked most about him, becides Ice), although I never tried corner forward throw - 623B to combo, I think that would work.

Apparently despite losing all that, 5C air unblockable, even though you can barrier block it, is crazy broken. ArcSys just trollin' at this stage. Company run by Ono's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

Hazama
    + Ouroboros gauge goes up one if guarded. - ok, better than last test, which was nothing on block
    + 6A/6C downs opponent on hit. - cool?
    * Zaneiga 6C2B5C j.C(5) Jayoku 2D~D j.BC(2) j.C(5)214B works, 3.8k

Still no word on 3C>214D~C comboing again. :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

SRK has been watching the vids btw. The semi final with Holly seems to be an especial favouite.

J.I.M. wrote: »
    Still no word on 3C>214D~C comboing again. :(

Why, did they remove 3C>214D~C?

If they did, wtf are they smoking! They're removing character BnBs left right and centre

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SRK has been watching the vids btw. The semi final with Holly seems to be an especial favouite.
    Proof we need more women girls in our community.

Anyone with a significant other who does NOT play is now a failure.

Anyone without a significant other was a failure anyway.

Pass the icecream.

• Advertisement

Ramza wrote: »
    Why, did they remove 3C>214D~C?

If they did, wtf are they smoking! They're removing character BnBs left right and centre

Indeed they did. Why? It's beyond me. I just hope some of these changes don't stick. Link to the second loketest changes Here

Sometimes I think that I shouldn't read these loketest reports, and just wait for the final build and pray that it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Making sweeps instantly techable seems to be a trend for loketest 3, it's not only Hazama who got hit by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Vyze wrote: »
    Making sweeps instantly techable seems to be a trend for loketest 3, it's not only Hazama who got hit by it.
    Yeah, but Haz needed his 3c to do his BnB. I don't think anyone else's most basic BnB'd out of their sweep.

Voa wrote: »
    Yeah, but Haz needed his 3c to do his BnB. I don't think anyone else's most basic BnB'd out of their sweep.

This.

I'm fine with everyone else's sweeps being techable, just not Hazamas :P
    I really do hope they have something in store for him. Besides ****-tier.

A lot of characters can, Ragna can 3C>2B>5C, as can Jin. Hakumen can 3C, to 2B to Renka etc. Carl's 3C is essential to his game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

true that but but makoto need her sweep to be able to get you to the corner >.< since lvl 3 not in corner are near impossible to combo

I can see what Voa means though. Haz sweep is essential to his BnBs where as for 90% of the cast it's just one of many ways to combo

So you'll have to learn a new combo. I'm pretty sure all the Nu players didn't cry when her BnB got totally removed as much as all the Hazamas have been! :P

Nah you miss the point, all of Haz's 214D~C combos on the ground need his sweep ; no other move will give good enough frame advantage to go into 214D~C, not even on CH. From a practical point of view it's total suicide to remove the 3C comboability.

I'm aware that his current BnB needs the sweep to get started. What I'm saying is that Hazama players will just need to learn a new combo - and there inevitably will be one once the good players get some time to sit down with the finalised character and work stuff out.

Ragna in loketest 3 is all about Dead Spike combos, apparently - this means that the Ragna players have had the ingenuity to try out other moves to discover brand new combos since their old BnB is no longer viable, something I hope Hazama players will also be able to do.

• Advertisement

I know what you're saying but there is literally nothing that will combo to 214D~C. However, I'm sure they will give him a new move or new way to launch or something, or some other move will take up the 90% of his combos

I'm aware that his current BnB needs the sweep to get started. What I'm saying is that Hazama players will just need to learn a new combo - and there inevitably will be one once the good players get some time to sit down with the finalised character and work stuff out.

Ragna in loketest 3 is all about Dead Spike combos, apparently - this means that the Ragna players have had the ingenuity to try out other moves to discover brand new combos since their old BnB is no longer viable, something I hope Hazama players will also be able to do.
    I still love the Jokerman, but unless they radically alter another move or two to allow him to get some frame advantages here or there, he's gonna turn in the dryest thing since Guile Bison in the desert. He'll just devolve into D~A's all day, staying clean out of range and running away, even moreso than now, since he'll have no reason to close in, apart from bait to Jayoko. I'd be all for closing the window a little, so the sweep combo is still doable, but you can't get the bonus charge damage off it any more, and you have to cancel the first blade of 5C or you don't get your combo; that's like.... 700-500 off his BnB cleanly.

Pretty sure you can 214DB off his sweep in the most recent loketest. There's probably some decent combos he can get off that now.

Pretty sure you can 214DB off his sweep in the most recent loketest. There's probably some decent combos he can get off that now.
    *214D~B can combo, I think it's the same as the AA combos; 6D~A, 6D 623D, dash 3c. But the timing is abusrd on it, and the damage is only about 1.5-1.9k

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Urgh.

This was why I gave up on 3D fighters a while back.

When your MAIN moves/combos change dramatically between games, so that it feels like your fundaments dont' work anymore... that sucks :(

Hazama's 3C xx 214D~B will only combo up close, so that's silly imo. Also the only followups are **** and require 50% meter to be barely effective. Hardly a BnB for such little damage/huge effort.

Then you can expect your new BnB not to start off a sweep. It's not like you can expect all your old combos to work in every game, or for a sweep to be major combo starter all the time. I'm honestly expecting 214DB to get better combos off it pretty soon - or, if not, some other combo to get >2.5k damage without meter.

As long as I can still 360 shenanigans, I'm a happy man/demon/cyborg of SCIENCE.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

I thought Hazama could only combo after a Fatal 214D-B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Lads come on, as vyze says, it's a simple BnB thats getting changed, not the full character.

Look at Nu > Lambda > Lambda CS2 combos, and how they go downhill

5DD > 4DD > 236D
    5DD > 236B
    xxxxxx

We can't even combo 5DD anymore, yet Lambda will still be played like a pro....

....with no feet....

Advertisement