Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Rebel 1: TEST YOU WELL
    Aw hell no son. You start that in BB, I swear all you're gonna see is Mu 3C (2B 5C 2C jC j2C) x 3 -> reset
    and then*

suddenly*

TAGER.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Gwano Loco on XBL if anyone wants to add me. Everytime I head online, I feel like people are practising the challenge comboes on me. Never get the chance to figure out what my moment to attack is.

If someone could destroy me BUT at least explain what I should be trying to do that would be great. :D

P.S to anyone as new to me as this, watch out for rooms that say EU only... ITS A TRAP!

Damnit all, gimme some PS3 new blood to break in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Story mode is such a pain in the ass (Lambda story save points FTL).

Give me my damn character already! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Just use an FAQ to get the true ends and bam, character unlock and never need to look at story mode again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

At least it's a little bit less pain, since you can continue if you lose a fight. Made 100% completion way easier. And gag reels FTW (surprised that Hakumen doesn't have one)

J.I.M. wrote: »
    At least it's a little bit less pain, since you can continue if you lose a fight.

See that's what I thought, until I got to Lambdas fight with unlimited Nu, you screw up you have re-load, fast forward through long cut scene, fight tsubaki all over again, then fast forward a massively long cutscene to get another shot.

After buggering up 4-5 times I just couldn't be arsed anymore.

Oh right, forgot that in some matches you can't use continue :pac:

You could always go to options and set the story mode difficulty to easy :D

Difficulty actually affects story mode?

I whacked it up to full when I was doing the rest of my options as a customary thing. :pac:

Would explain the AIs vague semblance of competence at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Just a heads up - Valkenhayn is now available on 360 for 320 MSP.

EDIT: Looks like Valkenhayn mania is gripping XBL - just faced four of them in a row online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

My copy of this has landed at my mom's house down in Kerry (cos I wasn't sure if I would have moved flats back when I ordered this in August).

I'll get my hands on it next Friday week, really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

New Guilty Gear:

TEST YOU WELL
    MANIA ONE
    SHED THE BLOOD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

sorry, where is this 16.99? I have only seen it in game and it is 50euro which is crap for whats basically an update.

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    sorry, where is this 16.99? I have only seen it in game and it is 50euro which is crap for whats basically an update.

HMV was selling it for 17€. Don't know about other retailers selling it for that price, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i assume it isnt anymore?/

I don't know, since there isn't an HMV in tralee :pac:

Check it out yourself if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

It's still 16.99 in HMV as I was in there today. Recommended buy! Rachael is good craic to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

I dont get how tis 16.99 here but on the uk site its £39.99. Its some glorious that anyone who has even the slightest interest in the game should take advantage of. For 5 mins today I was number 2 on the Valk leaderboards...

No doubt that will be my greatest ever leaderboard result.

No doubt that will be my greatest ever leaderboard result.

Yo get this, after a week SSFIV came out, I was the top 1 Guy in Europe!

...but that didn't last long :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Picked this up for €16 in HMV, couldn't resist that price.

Is there an idiots guide to it? Am slogging through the turorial but would appreciate an overview of the game mechanics, characters etc if there's one out there.

Like what the holy fook is the notation for combos?
    2a -> 5b -> 3c -> 5d~6 -> j.c -> (j.a -> j.c) x 2 -> j.236bbb

What the blood hell is that?

• Advertisement

If you can make it in on the 11th for Casuals, myself and Joe will be there (with a little luck) and we can teach ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Monkeyto wrote: »
    It's still 16.99 in HMV as I was in there today. Recommended buy! Rachael is good craic to play with.

She's also the most difficult. I think when the original BB came out I dismissed it a little as it was so different from SSFIV. I'm starting to really appreciate the mechanics of this game now. I'd love to see BlazBlue Vs Guilty Gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

edit: ^^^ Rachel's not necessarily the most difficult, she's just crap in CS. When CS2 comes out tomorrow I'll be keen to see how the JP players deal with her changes and see if she's become good again. As for hardest char in CS, I'd put that down to either Litchi or Carl.
    A-Trak wrote: »

Is there an idiots guide to it? Am slogging through the turorial but would appreciate an overview of the game mechanics, characters etc if there's one out there.

I did a basics guide to CT a while back, it's somewhere way back in the form.

The notation is simple enough - the numbers represent your numpad on your keyboard and is assumed to be facing right. e.g. 236 is a quarter-circle forward, 421 is reverse dragon punch, etc.

~ means to press the other button/direction immediately after the other one, like in Tekken. So in your example, 5D~6 means to press D in the neutral position then immediately hold the joystick towards the opponent. That's a Tao combo, right? If you hold the joystick towards them when you hit with a D move, you'll bounce nearer the opponent instead of away from them, letting you combo further.

j. means jumping. So something like j.C j.2C dj.C dj.2C dj.214D would mean "jumping C, 2C while still in the air, double jump C, another 2C while still in the air, then quarter-circle back D while still in the air".

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Here's the Vyze Tutorial. Should be noted some of it could be outdated at this point.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055873335

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Robbknoll

I had the exact same problem. But after my 2/3rd day playing it you get a proper feel. Dont think ill ever get big into it but its fun none the less. Hakuman is the only character i remotely like, all the other look fooking nuts :eek:

Also, two channels on youtube for any newcomers to BB;
    The main source of US BB comes from here; http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBBVlog
    A collected source for all the Irish BB we got; http://www.youtube.com/user/IrishBlazBlue

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I can't sing TheBBVlog's coverage enough, they're fantastic at what they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The directions are based on a numberpad and assumed you're facing right:

The most used button layout is:
    ABC
    D
    D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I can't sing TheBBVlog's coverage enough, they're fantastic at what they do.

That they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

I love this game but I really hate its notation for combos. It's just so counter intuitive. I can't understand why they didn't go for the standard SF style notation indicator which everyone is familiar with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Xluna wrote: »
    I love this game but I really hate its notation for combos. It's just so counter intuitive. I can't understand why they didn't go for the standard SF style notation indicator which everyone is familiar with.

It's the most common system for explaining inputs in Japan.

Advertisement