Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Just bought CT, time to learn this crazy game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

What could be crazy about a game with combo lists like this?
    2a -> 5b -> 2b -> 6a (2) -> (j.a -> j.c) x 3 -> j.236b
    2a -> 5b > 6a -> j2d~b -> Taunt -> 214d -> j2d~b -> 5c -> 2d~6 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236bb -> j.236bbbb (2480)
    2a -> 5b -> 3c -> 5d~6 -> j.c -> (j.a -> j.c) x 2 -> j.236bbb
    2a -> 5b -> 3c > 5d~6 > j.c -> j236b -> j2d~b -> 5c > 2D~6 -> j.c -> 9d~6 -> j.c -> 8d~6 -> j.236bb -> j.236bbbb (2450)
    2a -> 5b -> 3c > 5d~6 -> (j.c -> j.d~6) x2 -> j.a -> j.c -> 8d -> air dash -> j.c -> j236bb -> j236bbbb (2350)
    2a -> 5b -> 3c -> 5d~6 -> (j.c -> j.d~6) x2 -> 5d~a -> 8d -> 8d~6 > j236bb -> j236bbbb (2302)
    2a -> 5b -> 3c -> 5d~b -> 5b -> 5c -> 2d~6 -> j.c > 8d~6 -> j236bb > j.c -> 9d~6 -> j.236bbbb (2242)

And Taokaka is supposed to be an easy combo character =(

Jump attacks mid-combo!? I've made a terrible mistake...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GorySnake wrote: »
    Jump attacks mid-combo!? I've made a terrible mistake...

It's not that hard at all, you can jump cancel from a lot of moves, and there's a generous input buffer as well as all your combos (generally) being chains rather than links.

I read that post before I popped the game in and was just joking, able to do that first Taokaka combo, I'll look up stuff on the game to learn it first though.

Do combos usually do that little damage? Or is that a simple BnB for Tao?

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if they're BnBs or what, I just copy/pasted the first batch of combos I could find online.
    I'm having fierce trouble with these yokes though. I've never properly played any game that requires combos of any sort. Rose and Vega aren't exactly famous for their combo potential in SFIV either. =)
    I will finally learn some of those fancy inputs in BlazBlue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭LIFETRAP

Honestly, I'd recommend importing Continuum Shift. I have it pre-ordered for a grand total of 35 euro, including shipping etc. It'll probably cost more than that when it comes out here in October.

Where'd you order it?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Fnutkrumpler

LIFETRAP wrote: »
    Where'd you order it?

Axelmusic

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RustyXIV

I think I'll wait for a PAL release.

Apparently our version will have the DLC characters and costumes on disk and we get extra stuff before USA and Japan as incentive for the wait. :)

RustyXIV wrote: »
    Apparently our version will have the DLC characters and costumes on disk and we get extra stuff before USA and Japan as incentive for the wait. :)

I do recall hearing something like that. Do you have a link to it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

A quick answer to the combo damage in BB; combo scaling goes by propagation factor per move, not number of moves in combo. For instance, in SSFIV, the longer the combo, the less damage each hit will do, irregardless if you set up off a jab or off a standing roundhouse. In BB, each hit AND the type of hit reduces damage differently.
    For instance, if you start a combo off a quick jab (any A attack) or some people specials (like tager's spark bolt) you get terrible propagation, so a 3k combo can be reduced to 2.4k or lower if it's started off 2-3 paired jabs to C instead of C on its own.

If you want instant damage payoffs with low combo chains, try Hakumen. He's got a unique meter system which builds over time to allow him to do his awesome specials, and his normals hit like a truck. If you learn him, the shift from beginner to beyond if quite gradual, as you learn to zone out people with air-dash C and proper D counter areas, not to mention some wicked sick corner traps.

>.>
    <.<
    and he's tager's best matchup at 5.5 in CT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

You have to have very good awareness of your meter to play Hakumen effectively though, without meter to burn he literally has no special moves.

But yeah he does have a slower more SF-like playstyle than the rest of the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

It also helps if you can read your opponent to use his D counters & instant-block for quick meter build.

Plus he got BUFFED for CS.

Horrible low quality video of Makoto in action. There's a slightly better one here, but I cant embed it.

She looks prett fun. Extreme close range, but really quick. Those double image moves are pretty cool too.

The two other DLC characters have been revealed through disk hacking apperantly.
    The three way split personality Platinum Trinity and everyone's favourite werewolf butler Valkenhayn.

I really hope Platinum Trinity isn't fun to use... her design is atrocious.
    I mean, this is Arc Systems we're talking about, so it was only a matter of time before the ridiculously cute young girl characters showed up, but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Platinum is the reason I can no longer defend BB. I still like it, but I'm done trying to defend it to other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Platinia was a rejected character from Arcana heart 3.

No.

No.

No.

Goddammit Arc, you had a good run going there. Then just as you give us an awesome werewolf combat butler you go and drop a typical annoying cutesy magical girl.

All we can do is hope she's actually a parody and is a totally hardcore evil bitch. :pac:

So... what other fighting games ACTUALLY have annoying cutesty magical girls, then?

may-silly1.gifbridget.gif (It's a trap)

kofmi2-athena-asamiya.jpgtk5-ling-xiaoyu.jpg

While not all magical girls par se, they tick the required annoyingly cute and bubbly boxes.
    And as Xinkai pointed out, the entire Arcana Hearts series.
    2632832802_07c9599314.jpg

• Advertisement

It's not just about FGs having such characters, though many do, pretty much every doujin fighter ever is filled with them(see above).

I can't think of how to express my views on these designs without just ranting at length, hell I've rewritten this post at least 3 times by now.

The twiggy limbs, the oversized boots and gloves, the giant wand, the hair (THE HAIR) the constant angel wing and freaking love-heart motifs (though she appears to only have one instance of each).

KILL IT WITH FIRE.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Arcana hearts is actually kinda fun!

Valkenhayn looks savage, reminds me of Manfred Von Karma from the Phoenix Wright series, which is too cool.

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Arcana hearts is actually kinda fun!

But Arcana Heart 3 was crap any AH player will tell you that lol. It's kinda bad the way BB gets a **** games reject character lol

Sorry Sairus, but there's only one true (cute) Athena:
    523f0ff3a54e3b2551fa0af9edb70b41.jpg

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Sorry Sairus, but there's only one true (cute) Athena: [SNIP]
    She has a different costume in every game! I went for the most magical girly costume I could remember. (And how do those massive chunky legs fit on that teeny tiny torso?)

Well, Doom would have a heart attack if I posted her NSFW Princess Athena outfit...

Also those aren't "massive chunky legs", they're "delicious meaty thighs" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Xinkai wrote: »
    Platinia was a rejected character from Arcana heart 3.

Speaking of which...

http://shoryuken.com/f2/arcana-heart-3-xbox-360-ps3-breakdown-countdown-begins-now-244582/
    The new port is being worked on by ArcSys Works

*Headdesk*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

so close ^_^ can't wait for this game :D

Advertisement