Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

New-style fighting games place a much larger emphasis on air-moves, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

There's also an awful lot more command normals so it'd be very wearisome writing everything out in the SF notation. Numpad notation is fine once you spend a bit of time with it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

got it myself in Dundrum last night. couldnt find it in grafton st. want to buy some for my mates.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Trinity DLC release in Spring 2011.
    ... oh ArcSys. Why you gotta troll so hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Numpad isn't player agnostic.

• Advertisement

Numpad isn't player agnostic.
    It makes some sense written for command normals. For qcf's and srk motions, you swap back into normal lingo.

Also, this in off the BB testing IRC.

My fellow Tagers, as a young magnet, I dreamed of being B-tier, but tonight I say, we must move forward, not backward, upward not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards S RANK.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10687-BlazBlue-Continuum-Shift-II-Changes-NON-HELPFUL-POST-TEMPBAN

it's a translation so it's not fully accurate, but these changes are now permanent tho
    this is the cs2 arcade changes. check whats going to be change with your character in cs2:eek:

Makoto wrote:
    "- 5D > 2D > j.D > 236A~D can't be done."
    can't be done
    READY FOR COMBAT

i never used that, i used 5D>2C>2D>jD> 6B reset to 236D thats still there also,

Also 2C to 214B~d is possible meaning i can bring ppl to the corner. makoto didn't get a nerf, and tager is looking to be A tier apprently

BB is rewarding us for our loyalty.:)

• Advertisement

Voa wrote: »
    BB is rewarding us for our loyalty.:)

not for hazama tho :eek:also poor jarvy ragna is gonna be bad as well. Lambda is still looking very stong and so is litchi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

chueytoo wrote: »
    poor jarvy ragna is gonna be bad as well.

Pffft I wouldn't worry about him, mofo picks up characters in about 5 minutes. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

I am not going to cry about Hazamas changes until the patch comes out :pac:

Until then it's happy trollings for me.

J.I.M. wrote: »
    I am not going to cry about Hazamas changes until the patch comes out :pac:

Have you been keeping up with the the info leaking out of JP arcades?

Don't want to jinx it but from what I've read so far the changes seem pretty sensible and it doesn't sound like anyone has been totally ruined (except maybe Ragna - he seems to have gotten it rough but those were only day one impressions).

The crazier changes from loketests don't appear to have stuck (honestly you wouldn't expect them to but you never know when it comes to balance patches).

Don't want to jinx it but from what I've read so far the changes seem pretty sensible and it doesn't sound like anyone has been totally ruined (except maybe Ragna - he seems to have gotten it rough but those were only day one impressions).
    Hazama supposedly lost his 3C combos, which were pretty much his BnB, as well as a lot of other nerfs.

Hazama supposedly lost his 3C combos, which were pretty much his BnB, as well as a lot of other nerfs.

Apparently the tradeoff is much faster chains and stronger zoning as a result.

Makes sense, he's supposed to be all about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

where is cheapest to get this game, its 32 on amazon i think, gbp

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Placebo wrote: »
    where is cheapest to get this game, its 32 on amazon i think, gbp

HMV dude. Like 16-17 euros. Really cheap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

Apparently the tradeoff is much faster chains and stronger zoning as a result.

Also some new corner combos with Jabaki (236C), and some other stuff. Apparently you can still combo off of 3C if it's a counterhit.

I'm gonna hold my judgement and give it some time to let people discover all the new stuff thoroughly.

Probably still gonna main him anyway, just because of his style points :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Monkeyto wrote: »
    HMV dude. Like 16-17 euros. Really cheap!

the new one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yes, almost bought it today, but then decided on GT5 instead of a game I already own.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Pttf you cant just browse the internet for savings! Being on the dole means I go from shop to shop a few days before a agme launches just to make sure I get the sweetest deal.

I'm fairly new to the game but those tager changes sound nuts! I think BB is trying to make sure anyone who likes grapplers picks up the game... And its working!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Some day-one CS2 match videos:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jourdal

They just fvcked up the announcer.
    MORE.

I didn't think this was POSSIBLE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    They just fvcked up the announcer.
    MORE.
    The way she pronounces Carl's name gives me endless hours of enjoyment.

Ah, it turns out it's fine -- that's just Taokaka on announcer duties...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Ah, it turns out it's fine -- that's just Taokaka on announcer duties...

Wait a minute, CS2 has character voices for announcers?

Just set it to Bang, Hazama or Kokonoe and you're set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Early impressions, including a tier list (obviously not to be taken too seriously):

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?10715-BBCS2-Summary-amp-Impressions

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

S(God Like): Arakune

Maybe I'll start playing again :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Got my copy today (post on Sunday?)!

Really like the character move cards with the specials, supers and basic combos. I think that will make it very easy to get new people into the game, and make me a lot better at picking up the basics of the game beyond what I did on the PSP.

I have project I need to work on for a course, so I haven't put the disc in the tray though :(

Advertisement