Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Tier list;
    S(God Like): Arakune
    A(Strong): Makoto, Noel, Tsubaki, Valkenhyne
    B(So-so): Ragna, Jin, Tager, Hakumen, Rachel, Hazama, Litchi, Lambda, Taokaka, Carl
    C(hmm): Platinum, Bang, Mu

MikeZ wrote:
    "Makaaaaaaaato....winnn..." Ugh.
    stunedge wrote:
    so far, vs. makoto feels even worse than vs. bang in CS1

...stupid squirrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

You underestimate the glorious power of underboob!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Voa wrote: »
    Tier list;
    S(God Like): Arakune
    A(Strong): Makoto, Noel, Tsubaki, Valkenhyne
    B(So-so): Ragna, Jin, Tager, Hakumen, Rachel, Hazama, Litchi, Lambda, Taokaka, Carl
    C(hmm): Platinum, Bang, Mu

...stupid squirrel.

lol but you also forgot i'm learning Noel as well. so meh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

chueytoo wrote: »
    lol but you also forgot i'm learning Noel as well. so meh

Wooo Noel reppage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ah, good to see Rachel and Tao keeping it real down there in the B range.
    Looking forward to unlocking Mu and giving the bottom tier a good going.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Ever since picking this up i've been maining valkenhayn and doing his sexy human -> wolf -> human combos.
    Haven't seen his official changes but i hear he's almost the same bar some move propertie changes (Rozen isn't an overhead anymore but not many cared). My only grip is i need to sit out pressure since i have no reversals so makoto is a frigging nightmare and hearing her be buffed and harder only makes me cry inside. happy ragna isn't so easy anymore. and Hazama has been made into the zoner he was meant to be. Anyway until the official changes roll in i'm not looking forward to see where everyone is jumping ship to. Usually it'll be ragna hakumen Noel

Word on the grapevine is that the new "Starter Character" will be Tsubaki up in A-tier. Surprised the hell out of me to see her up there, I wonder if they changer the properties on her DP so it's no longer counter as a projectile...otherwise that top-tier DP mashing will get fatal-counter-fun times with sledge->hammer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Whilst she does her silly bbcc pressure i shall be guarding grumbling...until i have free reign in that way 6B B C Rozen wolf lulz.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Whoa I thought Valk would wind up low tier just because in any beat em up I play, the characters I like usually turn out is lower mid tier. Maybe its a sign that this is the game for me.

Have yet to get to the stage where I'm looking up matchups etc because I like to experiment for awhile first because I think no-one ever forgets anything they find out themselves but I'm really liking the game. And Valk appeals to me because I like that his comboes involve swithcing from A-C etc. Just feels better that way to me. I liked Tsubaki but double tapping every button in the one combo just feels odd to me at the moment.

Poor old bang users seem to get hard done by. He's up and down on the tier's like a whure's knickers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

If there's a top-tier Noel bandwagon I'm gonna go mad and start gouging eyeballs.

Bad enough some people STILL think spinning the stick mashing D is a totally hot-**** gameplan.

• Advertisement

If there's a top-tier Noel bandwagon I'm gonna go mad and start gouging eyeballs.

Bad enough some people STILL think spinning the stick mashing D is a totally hot-**** gameplan.

hahaha i'm learning her, got her 3c bnb combo down now. i told you scav you should have kept with noel. :D

hahaha i'm learning her, got her 3c bnb combo down now. i told you scav you should have kept with noel. :D

I was always going to relearn her as a sub when I got the game, but I bloody hate bandwagons.... *seriousface*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I popped this in to check out the tutorial mode, and I can't seem to get the graphics to look consistently good.

The in-game sprites, and character VS portraits look ridiculously jaggy no matter what I do, even though the menus and background look fine.

I have HDMI cable and HD TV so I'm not sure what the problem is.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/official/blog/

You notiify formally future, but concerning CONTINUUM SHIFT of PS3 edition/the Xbox 360 edition which presently is sold, next spring we plan update. Details become the future guide, but you update being free. With the notion that where you say, also in the future we ask [bureiburushirizu] may!

The in-game sprites, and character VS portraits look ridiculously jaggy

That's really weird, "jaggy" sprites?

The only thing I can think of that would be described like that would be problems with transparency resulting in jagged stuff around the edges.

Thing is, something like that shouldn't have anything to do with your setup. Have you tried the disk on another setup? Maybe a bad write on the disk has messed with the texture reading or something crazy like that.
    Vyze wrote: »
    but you update being free.

So either the update is free of charge, or we are free of updates. :pac:

That's really weird, "jaggy" sprites?

Poor choice of words perhaps.

Things that should clearly be straight diagonal lines appear noticably blocky.

Like the edges of Ragna's in game sprite, or Hazama's portrait's smile.

I tried changing to display option B, since it zoomed the game view out a little, but it didn't do anything for the blockiness.

Also tried installing to the harddrive, but it still looks the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Does it still look blocky when the characters are standing very close to each other? When you're far away the camera pans back a little and, like in Guilty Gear, the resizing isn't entirely perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

No sign of this today in gamestop or xtravision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

It was in HMV on Henry St. for 17 quid when I went in last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So you're saying I should go back and learn more Tsubaki?

But...
    Mu lasorz PEW PEW PEW

• Advertisement

Since you've been away, I've learned her...ish
    You been gone a loooooooong time, Kiki.

Poor choice of words perhaps.

Things that should clearly be straight diagonal lines appear noticably blocky.

Like the edges of Ragna's in game sprite, or Hazama's portrait's smile.

I tried changing to display option B, since it zoomed the game view out a little, but it didn't do anything for the blockiness.

Also tried installing to the harddrive, but it still looks the same.

I had a similar issue to this, but going into the options menu and tweaking the graphics options seemed to sort it out. All I did was change the resolution though, so it may not actually help your problem which sounds more specific.

I bought Makoto last night. She's definitely my favourite character to use out of any fighting game I've played. Every hit just feels so lovely and satisfying :3
    Sorry Tao, there's a pretty strong new contender for my main.

...and sorry everyone else since there'll be yet another Mak floating around now :pac:

Sairus wrote: »
    I had a similar issue to this, but going into the options menu and tweaking the graphics options seemed to sort it out. All I did was change the resolution though, so it may not actually help your problem which sounds more specific.

How do you tweak the graphics options beyond picking A B or C as the display option?

I don't see any option relating to resolution.

And I dont now on my TV in Galway... as far as I recall there were more settings on my monitor in Cork :/
    I think I'm going a bit mad.

...godDAMN stupid squirrel.

Sairus wrote: »
    I bought Makoto last night. She's definitely my favourite character to use out of any fighting game I've played. Every hit just feels so lovely and satisfying :3
    Sorry Tao, there's a pretty strong new contender for my main.

...and sorry everyone else since there'll be yet another Mak floating around now :pac:

Oh this is going to be interesting, Glad theres more mak players meaning i can learn a few things off people:D

god damn it stupid challenges. noel why you so hard to learn, on 70% with her >___<

god damn it stupid challenges. noel why you so hard to learn, on 70% with her >___<

Noel is purpose-made for masochists, no two ways about it.

Noel is purpose-made for masochists, no two ways about it.

true that, but i'm getting the hang of her mission7 combo now. noels combos are so fun to do tho ^_^ but pity so hard to get in cause you need to get the 3c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

So you want to be SATISFIED huh?!

Just learn Trin.... never mind.

Advertisement