Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I wanted to pick up Hazama because I liked his character artwork (same reason I picked up Deejay) without really having any idea about how he plays.

Damn though, this guy is confusing.

I'm flying all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'm still having trouble with Mak's 4th missions D: From what I gather she's got some of the easiest in the game too!
    This whole combo thing is painful :(
    j.hp > c.hp > hp Reflect > hp Soul Throw is plenty complicated enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Sairus wrote: »
    I'm still having trouble with Mak's 4th missions D: From what I gather she's got some of the easiest in the game too!
    This whole combo thing is painful :(
    j.hp > c.hp > hp Reflect > hp Soul Throw is plenty complicated enough for me.

Makoto combos are easy if u can get the lvl 3 down if not have fun with droped combos.

I say out of the challenges tager is the easiest one (thats because i got 100% on him)

ah now sairus, the combo is pretty easy just MASH the buttons that show on the screen and profit :D

woo only 2 more mission till i get 100% on noel :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭J.I.M.

I wanted to pick up Hazama because I liked his character artwork (same reason I picked up Deejay) without really having any idea about how he plays.

Hah, same reason why I picked Hazama :D
    Just decided that I'm gonna main this guy no matter how he plays. Chains all over the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I do that for all my characters, I rarely ever take playstyle into account when choosing.

The only exception I can think of would be Remy, "Hey! That's the kid who stole my sweet moves!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Just keep in mind:

Grounded; Forward will cover aerial distant, back is your aerial close/combo tool, down is your escape/anti-cross-up tool.
    Air; Forward is anti-ground distant, back is anti-ground close, up is an escape/high flying movement tool, and down is your style tool.

Use dash-> forward-D to catch people out who try to jump-in/away at correct distances, canceling it D~A to freak people out, back to catch people coming in close (better off using qcb D~B as an anti-air if you ask me...) and your aerial D's should be used after a super jump to zone people with late D~A, meaning that if you pick up the tap with D you can still do a D~D follow up to close in.

For a decent visual on this, check out any of mine or Ramza's matches here. Hope I was of some help:p

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Oh King of Tager Voa, I require your help in a challenge. Tager's mission 6 refuses to work. it's 5D (CH) > 5C > 6A > 2C > Atomic Collider. No matter how hard I try AC will not connect, it just pulls them downwards and the recover before they reach my arm. What am I doing wrong? I can do later on ones, but not this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

You're delaying AC too much, as if it was Ryu's st.hp -> hp dp link. It's much faster than that. You also need to pay attention to your own spacing when doing it, as too close a 5D (CH) will throw them at a weird angle to you, meaning your follow up will displace them. It's also not a mashable one, with all of them being cancels, you need to time your taps so you don't push them out with 2C without having pulled in with 6A.

There's a reason most Tager's don't throw that 2C in on that combo, it makes it a lil more unreliable. And it's only worth like 2 jabs worth of damage, or something equally silly...stupid proration.*

Just in case anyone wants to shell out a hundred euro for a Rachel statue: http://www.1999.co.jp/item_e.asp?It_c=10135325&toukou_sc=6&toukou_spage=2#user_toukou

I really love Rachel, so I'd be interested in getting one... but I'm not particularly gone on the figure itself. The skirts and face look particularly look a bit weird.
    I shall have to mull it over for a bit more :/

10135325a5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

[for that figure]
    She's not cute enough.

No buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

His drive takes a while to get used to, but it's a great zoning tool. In combos the only ones you will use is 4D and 6D respectively (for air throw you use 2D but it doesn't hit so I wouldn't worry about it).

For zoning the drive is great, remember the chain causes more hit/block stun the further away you are (i.e, the further it travels). From about half screen, 5D is a great poke, and can be confirmed to a combo ; on block, press A to retract, on hit, press D again to pull yourself in towards your opponent. The best way to combo from 5D > D on hit confirm is to press 2C when you go over your opponent, this is Hazama's BnB midscreen combo starter from a chain confirm

6D is great for catching air dashers or people who are reckless in general, same with 4D albeit the different angle.

214D~B is a good anti air but don't use it too much, on reaction it can be hard since the prolonged startup. On FC you can do some crazy stuff off of it, easily getting 4-5.K

My advice is to hit up dustloop.com forums and look for Hazama's section. That's how I started. I learned all the BnBs and just spent time experimenting with him in training for ages. Looking at videos also helps.

Shameless self promotion here, but at the last WoH I felt confident enough to use Hazama, since I had been training with him more seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Hey guys, how many episodes of teach me boobie lady reloaded are there for C.T.? I finished story mode but only unlocked four. I'm guessing there's 8 like in the last version. Do I need to get 100% with each character?

I have 100% with every character except Hazama and the True ending, and I think I only have two, so I'm not sure that's it.

I'll have to check an FAQ sometime. Episode 4 left the impression there would be more. I hope there is as those skits are hilarious at times and give a good insight to the B.B. universe.

I'm really not sure how to unlock them either. Most of the places I've checked are pretty confused too. I have Mu unlocked and only one Teach Me episode.
    I've only gotten 100% with 4 characters so far though.
    General consensus is that it has something to do with the humorous endings.

100% is waaaay easier to get than in CT though.

The way I went about it was:
    • Do one character at a time.
    • On first story playthrough, always pick the first option when you are presented with a choice.
    • Save every savepoint to a seperate slot.
    • Once you get an ending, go back to a savepoint before the choice and pick the second one, follow to ending. (This will get you 100% with most characters)
    • If you still haven't got 100%, go backwards through your saves and try losing fights. This can be a little annoying though. Generally it seems if you HAVE to lose to someone to branch the plot, they're usually plot important, like Rachel (not Hamaza weirdly)

Jin's one confused me a little, because it seems like they added in a choice at the end of his first scene that wasn't there until after I already got an ending.

Jin's one confused me a little, because it seems like they added in a choice at the end of his first scene that wasn't there until after I already got an ending.
    Same with Hazama.

I'm surprise people are playing a fighting game for the story lol but still glad to hear people playing it :D

not sure how you unlock the litchi thing, but i know to get all the drawings you need to get 100% with every1 in story and arcade.

I usually take little to no interest in the story of fighting games, though the SF characters are pretty iconic. BB has a pretty good story for a fighting game. It would make an excellent anime.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Xluna wrote: »
    I usually take little to no interest in the story of fighting games, though the SF characters are pretty iconic. BB has a pretty good story for a fighting game. It would make an excellent anime.

Yeah I am not a huge fan of BB but the story shines in it, especially compared to what SNK and Capcom present to us.

• Advertisement

KOFs stories are just plain incoherent. SF2 had an o.k story but that was only due to it's characters. Problems is how often can you retell each characters motives in every new street fighter game? Tekkens story was o.k. up until Tekken 4, then it became more convoluted and rehashed with every sequel. Virtua Fighter doesn't have a story, Soul Calibur is meh and MKs became dull after MK3.

Blazblue is the sole exception.

So in Cs2 makoto and noel are the new bang and litchi

I'm ok with this:D

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Ah here what happened to S-Tier Arakune?

chueytoo wrote: »
    So in Cs2 makoto and noel are the new bang and litchi
    So now I'm playing a high tier character? ...I am unfamiliar with this concept... I feel dirty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

valkenhayn is the first character in BB i seriously play. then i notice he has a silly output. imagine my face when he gets a little nerf and is still high tier ;D

GorySnake wrote: »
    Ah here what happened to S-Tier Arakune?

Oh his still there in S tier, infact on the same lvl or higher then makoto and noel. Also gory Jin is looking good, he might be A tier:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Got BB:CS with an Xbox 360 so gotta get some practise on :p

Tried some of the missions, trying to do them like SSFIV trials with timing in links lol. Might take some getting used to

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Fergus_ wrote: »

You on 360 now? Get in there my son!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Fergus_ wrote: »

Tried some of the missions, trying to do them like SSFIV trials with timing in links lol. Might take some getting used to

The combo system is more like chain cancelling, like Guy's Bushin Chain, SSF4's target combos.

I might buy this over the holidays, just to kill you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

GorySnake wrote: »
    The combo system is more like chain cancelling, like Guy's Bushin Chain, SSF4's target combos.

I might buy this over the holidays, just to kill you

Noel disagrees

Advertisement