Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

This is why everyone hates BB players. Even people who play BB hate BB players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I...am confused by this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Ah now. I don't hate any of you

yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Vyze wrote: »
    This is why everyone hates BB players. Even people who play BB hate BB players.
    i just love me some spite
    and some trololol

I hate squirrels. But I like Joe as a person. Joe's cool. Squirrels (that I'm fighting) are a different story.

That said, we troll the HELL out of each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭YayForYuffie

Who doesn't love trolling?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

trollface.jpg

u mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    u mad?

That's your response to everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I've been trying to work my way through Hazama's challenge mode to get my BnB's down, but I'm wildly inconsistent in my combos.

The places I seem to drop his main BnB 16 hitter (first combo you do in challenge mode) are:

Having the dummy "recover" after the 5C launcher so my jump C misses.
    Being in the air long enough to get all five C hits
    Jumping a second time to continue the combo.

Also for his second combo (which is as far as I've managed to get) which starts with j6d, D, I find the different momentum/landing positions I get (based on where j6D hits the dummy) make it hard to know when to continue the combo on the ground, and sometimes I get an air attack instead.

I've heard people say that the BB combo engine is a lot more forgiving that the SF one.

I was just wondering why, and what am I doing wrong?

• Advertisement

You can jump cancel the first of the 5C hits to make it an easier combo.
    You should be tapping C the very second you're in the air.
    The jumps eventually become second nature, it's just a practice thing. That said, I still drop my jump from time to time...

As for the landing, hit select to see the positioning of the Haz model. If you land it as the CPU shows, you actually have a pretty big leway with landing the followup, thanks to maximised stun.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

edit: ^^^ What he said.

For the first j.C missing after the 5C, either you're not jump-cancelling the 5C, or you're jump-cancelling too late. Input a jump towards the opponent just after you hit the C button and the moment you leave the ground, start mashing C.

You should be able to stay in the air long enough for all the j.Cs. It always feels like you're falling too fast and end up jump cancelling it too early but the last one hits quite high so just wait until the 5th one is about to hit before you try to input the double-jump.

If you're worried about accidentally getting an aerial attack when coming in from a j.6D, I'm pretty sure most Hazamas will come in with a j.2C from that setup and can then continue the combo when their landing cancels the recovery of the j.2C.

The BB combo engine is more forgiving in that it doesn't rely on tricky links as most things are cancellable. It's just that the flexibility is something that players from non-anime/airdash fighters need to adapt to. There's a lot more possible branches of what you can do next from each move, be is a special cancel, jump cancel, dash cancel, rapid cancel, and so on.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Konata has the Makoto DLC and I was going through her Challenges. She is AWESOME. Buying her as soon as I go home, I got to challenge 8 with a bit of work. So much damage and some serious mix ups. Just like SF Makoto :D

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Konata has the Makoto DLC and I was going through her Challenges. She is AWESOME. Buying her as soon as I go home, I got to challenge 8 with a bit of work. So much damage and some serious mix ups. Just like SF Makoto :D
    imhorrifiedplz.png

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Makoto will be my bad match up switch, TAGER 4 LYFE! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

I knew joe had created a monster with that makoto of his

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sorry for the delay on the WoH4 vids people.

As you may have heard I've been ill for the last couple of weeks. Only starting to come to life now, only three vids left.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

I hope you self medicated after all you are a doctor:)

Sure, it's grand Doom. Much appreciated as always:)

After reviewing my match with SadX, my defense wasn't as Coopa as I had thought, though it was pretty good. I'm a little annoyed at myself for choosing simple combo with a poor ender over 720 to punish one of his air-bursts though...

Also, I still cringe every time I see myself barrier block Tao's beat-the-crap-outta-ya super. Why didn't I duck!?

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Yeha hope your feeling better doom. cheers for the vid. Just wondering did you get a recording of the mu vs sadx match? not sure what stage of the tourney it was.

• Advertisement

Cheers doom. after reviewing i can see almost every video of me has me dropping my combos something shocking
    Voa wrote: »
    After reviewing my match with SadX, my defense wasn't as Coopa as I had thought, though it was pretty good. I'm a little annoyed at myself for choosing simple combo with a poor ender over 720 to punish one of his air-bursts though...
    I cringed every time i Air bursted from reaction to a fatal 2C. also i need to learn how to fish better rather than neutral jump C
    chueytoo wrote: »
    Yeha hope your feeling better doom. cheers for the vid. Just wondering did you get a recording of the mu vs sadx match? not sure what stage of the tourney it was.
    Man im looking to see that too. I want to count how many times i moon jumped into diamond. i've learnt how to beat that out now....

The more I look at it, the lower Tager seems, and the more likely I see that he's lowest possible; yes he is miles and miles ahead of his CT incarnation, and way stronger than his CS1 type...but even then.:pac:

6A's super armour not beating out lows is ASKING for 3C-CH or any low FC (oh hai Ragna), and the IB nerf kinda kills out his ability to punish tons and tons of blockstring. I never really learned to do this, but it does seriously affect him (no more instant 720's q.q).

All that said, we'll have to wait and see the game drop and about 3 months of proper tournaments let all the dust settle.

I'll see if I can dig up the total list of changes for all characters at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Was checking out some of the changes last night.

Pretty sure Ragna got the worst of the nerfs this time around.
    No more 5B -> 6A combos from what I've heard, or 3C into standing D, ID no longer wallbounces. Belial Edge got changed too I think, different angle slightly so it's harder to combo with? Iunno. I'll have to wait to see the changes anyway myself but, seemingly got the most nerfs.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Linoud wrote: »
    Was checking out some of the changes last night.

Pretty sure Ragna got the worst of the nerfs this time around.
    No more 5B -> 6A combos from what I've heard, or 3C into standing D, ID no longer wallbounces. Belial Edge got changed too I think, different angle slightly so it's harder to combo with? Iunno. I'll have to wait to see the changes anyway myself but, seemingly got the most nerfs.

he did get nerfed, but his still good from the looks of the videos, also some of his combos/oki is still lethal. his not top but his no where near bottem if people are gonna think that.

Oh I never said he was bottom, he's like 6th from bottom last I recall, but going from tied 2nd/3rd to 13th is still quite the nerfing to him, or at least him getting his new tools removed and everyone else getting buffed a good bit.

List Im going off is the one Xinkai posted on FB to myself awhile back.

Noel makoto hazama Jin - S tier
    Arakune taokaka Rachel Mu Lambda Carl Tsubaki Platinum - A tier
    RAGNA HAKUMEN BANG LITCHI valkenheyn TAGER - b tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'm gonna feel so dirty playing Noel in CS2

Used to my low tier characters :p

Yeah. I was learning a little bit of Jin in CS1, but I dont think Ill continue now. :( I'd feel dirty, so I'm going still stick with Ragna as my main anyway, like I did in CT before I played properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Why the f**k do they keep raping Tager, he wasn't even that good to begin with. Seriously. Bang and Ragna need balancing, leave the Red Devil alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

got this game for christmas , so hardcore i got my ass whooped 5 times online and won 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Why the f**k do they keep raping Tager, he wasn't even that good to begin with. Seriously. Bang and Ragna need balancing, leave the Red Devil alone.

They've made Tager infinity better than he was in CT, you just can't make a good Tager. That said he is a good character, just with alot of disadvantages, especially against murakumo's.

Advertisement