Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9792-BBCS-News-only.-Anything-else-TEMPBAN.-CS2-for-PSP-and-3DS-announced&p=991524&viewfull=1#post991524

The important stuff:
    JP 360 Release date for Platinum DLC + v1.03: 5/10 (560points)
    JP PS3 Release date for Platinum DLC + v1.03: 5/12 (800yen)

-[System] Platinum character addition.
    -[Network] Netcode improved.
    -[System] Console version will be equal with the April 15th arcade build.
    -[Network] Ranked mode version changed to v1.03.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I wont be picking her up anyways. Alas BB, I love you, but I aint playing you no more.

...and Platinum is a disgrace :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Sairus wrote: »
    I wont be picking her up anyways. Alas BB, I love you, but I aint playing you no more.

...and Platinum is a disgrace :pac:
    I'm edging towards this attitude too. I mean, given the delay between the handheld version and the eventual console update it definitely seems like the casual market is the absolute goal. If a bunch of story mode bull**** is why it got delayed for consoles then I'll be pretty miffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

I agree with sairus and vyze platniums existence is based on rounding out the anime stereotype. While blazblue already has its token loli character (Rachel a.k.a doom's girlfriend) ;) I think she was too well dressed for the hardcore pervert who likes fighting games. We are well aware the japanese have been creaming themselves playing things like arcana hearts for years.
    But the trade off isn't really worth it you might get 10 perverts pick up and play it for two weeks but in exchange you get 5 people who like the game for its sleek visuals and deep gameplay who will just go and play something else thats taken a bit more seriously.
    Shame on you arc sytems shame on you :(

P.s. Rachel is hundreds if not thousands of years old so technically doom's into older women :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Platinums an immensely sh*tty character but I could live with that stupid addition if they would just keep the bloody console version up to date.

The game keeps dying because nobody wants to practice an outdated version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

She's a magical girl.

Why you all hating on the mahou shoujo? :confused:

I'm a fairly big anime fan myself but Platinum crosses that line where even I'm rolling my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

it's a decent enough game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Platinum is deadly fun to use

Xinkai wrote: »
    Platinum is deadly fun to use
    Because she's basically a troll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Oh Kiki, I bet you still haven't seen any matchplay other than her announce trailer.

She's ****, weak, but ****ing good fun to play as.

I've seen her win a tournament...

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

It's been awhile, but how're the seedings for Blazblue at current since the Clash x Counter? And are people still playing? :P

Linoud wrote: »
    And are people still playing? :P

Not really, no. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

It's a shame really.

I dunno, it seems to have the same short comings as Guilty gear. it;s certainly "sexy" enough but it dosn't have any integrity and it seems as though the visuals are over compensating for being 2d, everything is in your face all the time.

add on characters are a really flimsy idea too. what are you supposed to do at console-dependant tournaments, flip a coin to see who has to pay for the downloads?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

We used to handle it quite well. And to be fair, I think interest will be renewed when CS2 hits the DLC.

IF CS2 hits the DLC before MvC3 totally consumes those who would play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Yeah mvc3 has kinda taken over for now, I'm enjoying MK 2011 tho. its so much fun ^_^

But i say people will go back to blazblue once cs2 comes out.

Yeah, it's been said before but it's the fact that they just won't keep the console version up to date. Nobody wants more experience with a deprecated version.

That, they're kinda rubbing salt into the wounds with stuff like this;

"The next BlazBlue is here!"
    :)
    "...on handhelds only, SUCKA."
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Wants viable Noel!

hansen.jpg

Someone follows Blazblue on Facebook. :pac:

I just want Rachel brought out of **** tier.
    Considering the patch for CSII hits America next month, how long do you reckon it'll be before we get it?

A year. Get them CT blues on.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Wants viable Noel!

Noel is viable, I got to the finals with noel :p even tho.
    Naphiel wrote: »
    Someone follows Blazblue on Facebook. :pac:

I just want Rachel brought out of **** tier.
    Considering the patch for CSII hits America next month, how long do you reckon it'll be before we get it?

If we don't get it the same time, I'm just gonna download from the american psn for my american bb copy.

Voa wrote: »
    A year. Get them CT blues on.

DLC characters didn't take too long to get over here so I'm hoping it'll be the same.

I put blind faith in Zen United because they give me pretty Limited Editions.
    I'm naive. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

I dunno, it seems to have the same short comings as Guilty gear. it;s certainly "sexy" enough but it dosn't have any integrity and it seems as though the visuals are over compensating for being 2d, everything is in your face all the time.

add on characters are a really flimsy idea too. what are you supposed to do at console-dependant tournaments, flip a coin to see who has to pay for the downloads?
    I don't think there's many that can say that GG doesn't have integrity and is overcompensating with its visual style. Especially overcompensating for being 2D, which makes absolutely no sense in a 2D fighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Quite a shame really, I haven't been playing too much lately since I missed the last tournament up north for it. Saving for the Expo later next month, though I think Im done with that, so I'll be able to check out a few things here and there. Was hoping we'd be having another one soon, In Dublin preferably, but this time I can actually afford abit of travelling since Im not trying to save as much.

Vyze wrote: »
    I don't think there's many that can say that GG doesn't have integrity and is overcompensating with its visual style. Especially overcompensating for being 2D, which makes absolutely no sense in a 2D fighter.

ahh, sure it does. If Guilty Gear had a way of making your TV explode or one of your lungs collapse whenever you connect with a one hit kill they'd probably use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

CS2 better get here quick ive started playing marvel and mk9 so its getting less and less play time im also hype for the new apparently balanced ragna:D

Advertisement