Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Sairus wrote: »
    Global as far as I'm aware.
    Thank you Sairus. this is you -->:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Nah, I'm messing around with Rachel and comparing it to this video:

It's definitely CS2.
    It's really weird. She's hitting the opponent and his health meter is actually decreasing. This version of CS is weird.

Brings a tear to my eye. It's about time.

Naphiel wrote: »
    Brings a tear to my eye. It's about time.

So has this helped you to decide your main??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Well that was sudden. :pac:

Reckon I'll main Rachel and sub one of the N.O.L. characters, probably Noel or Jin.

They increased the damage for Tager's 360 B. As if it wasn't powerful enough. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Bah, just as I was trying to get good at MVC3, now I gotta go back to BB and make ure all my tager still works. They raped him amirite? Tier-wise he's worst now I hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I've honestly never been so conflicted with playing a game :(
    I absolutely love BB's characters and art - probably more than any other fighter despite the hundreds of hours I've dumped into Street Fighter. I just cant play the damn thing :/
    Every time I see BB related stuff I get all excited and want to play it, but then I turn it on and everything about it hurts my brain. It's pretty much the exact opposite of how I like fighters to feel.
    Why are you doing this to me, Arcsys?! D:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I've honestly never been so conflicted with playing a game :(
    I absolutely love BB's characters and art - probably more than any other fighter despite the hundreds of hours I've dumped into Street Fighter. I just cant play the damn thing :/
    Every time I see BB related stuff I get all excited and want to play it, but then I turn it on and everything about it hurts my brain. It's pretty much the exact opposite of how I like fighters to feel.
    Why are you doing this to me, Arcsys?! D:

+1

Variety in fighting games/engines is great, but man does it suck for getting good at them

If we could just stick the BB character art and story on top of the engine for Street Fighter 2, we'd be happy (and sad).

It's very conflicting.

Then play Street Fighter. You can't blame the company for doing things differently. Tekken and Marvel vs Capcom are different too. Play the one you like most.

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Then play Street Fighter. You can't blame the company for doing things differently. Tekken and Marvel vs Capcom are different too. Play the one you like most.
    I'm not suggesting BlazBlue change - it is what it is, and like Guilty Gear before it we're just not compatible. :(
    Oh, little Noel Nendoroid figure, stop looking at me with those giant forlorn eyes :(

• Advertisement

I'm not suggesting BlazBlue change - it is what it is, and like Guilty Gear before it we're just not compatible. :(
    Oh, little Noel Nendoroid figure, stop looking at me with those giant forlorn eyes :(

I'm pretty sure an anime series is something that will just happen in the next decade. I hopw so anyways. So it isn't all glum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

So I've been playing this for an hour or two, checking out the nerfs Ragna got. It saddens me, I didnt think it was going to be this drastic. I was expecting a damage nerf, and some of his combos to not work. What I found was, he got a damage nerf, and none of his old combos work, and there's alot more effort required to be put in to even be anywhere half as good as he used to be.

This is just my first play of it and my views on CS2, and naturally I wasnt going to like them nerfing my character in the first place, but hell I even checked out Hazama, and even the BnBs I used for him are all gone. I'm going to give it a chance and still play as Ragna and see if I can adapt to the changes, but who else got the nerfbat as hard as Ragna? D:

I've heard Valkenheyn, Litchi, Bang and Ragna got the worst of it.
    My digust when I found out I don't get the patch till Thursday or Friday. I need to hurry up and get my stick dual modded.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

yeah just spend like 3 hrs in challenges, I can tell you most of them have gotten alot more difficult in terms of timing, less chain combos and more links and char placements.

In terms of tiers and tourneys i have been watching what people are predicting are

S(God Like): Arakune
    A(Strong): Makoto, Noel, Tsubaki, Hazama,Jin
    B(Good): Ragna, Hakumen, Rachel, Litchi, Lambda, Taokaka, Carl,Valkenhyne
    C(Viable): Platinum, Bang, Mu,Tager,

its not in order, But seems like arakune is top.

Nearly all Tager's damage seems to be nerfed EXCEPT for his throws. What is this I don't even.....

Also, could you always charge his 6a? Or did they just change something with it? Never noticed it before and used it a hell of a lot.

Thomas-G wrote: »
    Nearly all Tager's damage seems to be nerfed EXCEPT for his throws. What is this I don't even.....

Also, could you always charge his 6a? Or did they just change something with it? Never noticed it before and used it a hell of a lot.

You can hold 6a down to bring ppl in thats magnatise. Also It has armour on it that will absorb hits. You have to hit low to hit him out of it.

chueytoo wrote: »
    You can hold 6a down to bring ppl in thats magnatise. Also It has armour on it that will absorb hits. You have to hit low to hit him out of it.

Ha can't believe I never noticed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

G'wan the Makoto/Noel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

how different is hazama compared to how he was?

how different is hazama compared to how he was?

his very differnt now, his midscreen bnb isn't the same anymore if it was off the ground. His super combo though is roughly the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Hurray, I'm viable.

:pac:

Im on ps3 so i gotta ask instead of waiting to find out hows the new jin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Oh god. This pain. This feeling. It doesn't feel like i've been hit by the nerf bat it feels like i've been hit by a nerf nuke. Everythings so much harder to combo. Nacht rozen and moonlicht hit higher now so most of the time i miss because of the new change. Not to mention pressure is near enough gone.

Don't worry though. i'm still maining valkenhayn
    DISREGARD THAT HES DROPPED TO SUB

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Don't worry though. i'm still maining valkenhayn
    DISREGARD THAT HES DROPPED TO SUB

So awesome XD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

That's the horrible, horrible world of playing a character who isn't just plain better than everyone else.

In other news wallbound is apparently bugged:

The text is all Japanese but I think the gist is wallbound isn't bloody working correctly.

Broken already three cheers for arc:rolleyes:
    Also Sadx you shouldn't drop valk. I believe that it was all you and had nothing got to do with valks awesome damage output. So stick with it and support your character.
    WWVD What Would Voa Do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Broken already three cheers for arc:rolleyes:
    Also Sadx you shouldn't drop valk. I believe that it was all you and had nothing got to do with valks awesome damage output. So stick with it and support your character.
    WWVD What Would Voa Do?
    Hes dropped to sub really. im picking up the loli lulz platinum.
    But in the meaning valks combos are hard as hell to pull off...

Loving how all my favourite characters received more buffs than nerfs. Haven't actually played CSII yet so I don't know if I really do love it.
    I know for a fact that I'm buying Platinum and getting decent with her purely to troll people. :pac:

With CSII finally launched and Namco announcing Tales of Graces F and the Abyss 3DS for Europe, this has been a good week for gaming.

Naphiel wrote: »
    I know for a fact that I'm buying Platinum and getting decent with her purely to troll people. :pac:

It seems like the entire player base is doing this. In 2 months it'll be entirely Platinum matches.

• Advertisement

It'll turn into Blazblue loli edit........Arcana Heart 3.

Advertisement