Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Who could have predicted this shocking turn of events. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Well i look at this way. I have a chance to get someone i like to use. Im not dropping the game. Who knows maybe i'll actually have a sudden realisation valk had this sweet thing and i'll be all "feck all y'all"

How are the rest of you enjoying your changes?
    Vaughn do you even play this game anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

If you stick with valk and can still use him depite all the nerfs that will be pretty impressive.
    Still no ps3 patch damn you sony nothing to do but practice dps over and over:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Xinkai wrote: »
    Some tier list that has Makoto as top (Joe you tierwhore)

They took everything I had learned away from Mu, so I dropped her =/

Platinum is my Alt-in-training now. Bitch has a Yaoi Paddle O_O

But yeah, no way is Lambda 2nd from bottom when she does minimum 3-4k combos off anything, EASILY.

me a tier whore? lol Xink you stoped play Lambda cause she got nerfed and isn't as good as nu. boo hoo

THEY SEE ME STROLLIN, THEY HATIN :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Vaughn do you even play this game anymore?
    Not really, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

If you stick with valk and can still use him depite all the nerfs that will be pretty impressive.
    Still no ps3 patch damn you sony nothing to do but practice dps over and over:mad:

Can't expect them to roll out an ONLINE patch with no ONLINE.

It's scheduled for the 23rd IIRC.

(Is PSN back online)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Xinkai wrote: »
    Can't expect them to roll out an ONLINE patch with no ONLINE.

It's scheduled for the 23rd IIRC.

(Is PSN back online)

Incorrect. The servers for patching are different to the servers for PSN.

When I got MK9 it patched fine and dandy for my ps3 the other day.

Which isn't alot of help when you can't take it online anyways :D

Cheers Doom saved me the effort:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Anyone fancy a few games tonight on the old xbox?

Gamertag: thethomaseffect to save you fishing through the playerslist thread!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Well slap my knees and call me a tier whore. The wolf is staying the main.
    Playing nothing but blaz nonstop at the ds24 with joe,ken,jarvy etc started to get the wheels in motion and what suddenly didnt feel like something i knew started to click with me once more.

i was pressuring wrongly. Valkens not a pressure type person the sense of like ragna being an endless streams of assault. Valk takes careful precision of instant overheads, mixups and nightmarish crossups. Wolf mode has never been so cool.

Also 6A is godlike.

Looking forward to taking everyone one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Was hoping to hear that the PS3 patch had been released but I guess not.

I really want to play more Blazblue but until CSII comes out I feel I'm wasting my time. Is Blazblue played at casuals at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Quite jealous...wish I could have made it up to DS24... ****ing exams.

Is Tager's magnetism totally bork'd, or it just in challenge mode?

Voa wrote: »
    Quite jealous...wish I could have made it up to DS24... ****ing exams.

Is Tager's magnetism totally bork'd, or it just in challenge mode?

Just in Challenege mode. Also its a been stated best tager will be the tager that will win a round with the killing move gadgitaaaa fingaaaaaa

Also hopefully with cs2, yes it will be played in casual :p

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    The wolf is staying the main.
    Fair play sadx it would have been a shame for you to throw valk away you put alot of effort into him.

I would have loved to go up too but I had plans for a friends birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Does the announcer still say Caruru Crover?

GorySnake wrote: »
    Does the announcer still say Caruru Crover?

yes they do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Suddenly Im tempted to pick this up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Finally updated it and tried out new stuff with Noel.

Her 5D feels slower, it seems that she uses optic barrel more in combos now. Her throw has more damage, she has better hitconfirms.

That's from what I feel in 10-20 minutes of training mode >.<

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Finally updated it and tried out new stuff with Noel.

Her 5D feels slower, it seems that she uses optic barrel more in combos now. Her throw has more damage, she has better hitconfirms.

That's from what I feel in 10-20 minutes of training mode >.<

Well thats what shes gotten, also her 22 c floats the opponent for longer. also her distortion does a set dmg no matter what. so dmg scaling doesn't effect it

• Advertisement

I want CSII so bad. PS3 for the first time ever you've let me down. :(

Naphiel wrote: »
    I want CSII so bad. PS3 for the first time ever you've let me down. :(

I know what thats like if your really that eager learn about the changes that have been made to your charcter online.
    so then when ps3 does get it you wont be as shocked when certain combos dont work or hitboxes are changed around

I really want to make a start on challenge mode but knowing that it might not work in CSII really takes away any motivation to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Are the challenges actually useful to do in this as opposed to the awkward links they make you do in SF?

Sairus wrote: »
    Are the challenges actually useful to do in this as opposed to the awkward links they make you do in SF?
    I have always found them to be intresting they teach you evrything from bnbs to nice little tricks for getting a surprise distortion or keeping a combo going for a little bit of extra damage

I noticed a good few players using combos from challenge mode at the last tournament so I reckon they're useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

chueytoo wrote: »
    Well thats what shes gotten, also her 22 c floats the opponent for longer. also her distortion does a set dmg no matter what. so dmg scaling doesn't effect it

And spring raid pushes them further away from you so I don't think you can combo of it anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Any tips for Tager getting in on Lambda? I used to use well-timed sledge b but since the update it comes out too slow. 2d is one option but if your opponant knows you're trying it they can stop you with a cccccc attack or something nastier. Also, 6c in air doesn't cover enough ground and leaves you really open to an air combo.
    It's pretty fustrating that I have all these lovely new combos learned off and I can't land them for 80% of the match because other player is being an asshole. Turtling until getting a spark bolt seems the only safe way so far :(

Fergus_ wrote: »
    And spring raid pushes them further away from you so I don't think you can combo of it anymore?

you can if your near the corner.
    Thomas-G wrote: »
    Any tips for Tager getting in on Lambda? I used to use well-timed sledge b but since the update it comes out too slow. 2d is one option but if your opponant knows you're trying it they can stop you with a cccccc attack or something nastier. Also, 6c in air doesn't cover enough ground and leaves you really open to an air combo.
    It's pretty fustrating that I have all these lovely new combos learned off and I can't land them for 80% of the match because other player is being an asshole. Turtling until getting a spark bolt seems the only safe way so far :(

you can sledge through her ccccccc attack anc get a counter hit. you have to patient. Also instant blocking her swords allow more heat. also lambda dp has gotten nerfed so staying in is easier. also charge sparkbolt to bait your opponent to come in to you also works as well. and remember tager got a super jump as well. It helps but it is by no way the best means of getting in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

They didn't seriously slow down sledge did they?

That's... that's just insane. :confused:

Advertisement