Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

He wants a gadget finger kill. We all do really. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Gadget finger kill is the criteria for becoming Best Tager Ever™ (a long running joke ever since Joe started playing a tager modeled after my own gimmick heavy playstyle.) We were mucking about in the lab to see if it was possible to kill someone with Gadget finger.
    It's not.
    You can actually do enough raw damage to kill them. But it won't kill them. We tested by 3C GF Rapid GF Rapid GF for 1060 damage, leaving the dummy alive. Then Joe did 3C GF Rapid 2C (1053), and it died.
    Ergo, you can actually do more damage than they have life, and GF will NOT allow you get the kill. You can Rapid 5A, and it'll do the job, but it's not the same :(
    (by the way, this TOTALLY backs up my theory that tager is not a bad character, the game as a whole just hates him)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

How would rapid canceling gadget finger into gadget finger make you the best
    tager ever? That's even more gimmicky than Voa. Also you know that if you gadget finger right after the first one and the other person tries to roll away or jump (I think) you can catch them again. But its really freakin' unsafe.

can you win with gadget finger didn't think so :p so their for anyone who can is the best. but you can't anymore

Your just afraid of me doing it to you thats all, in face nex time i play you. I'm so gonna rc gadget finger twice on you :eek:

Also tager is all about the gimmicks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

chueytoo wrote: »
    tager is all about the gimmicks :p

Yeah he is (sigh)

I wish arksys didn't hate him so much, Tager should be far better than he is

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I figured as much when my Gadget Finger failed to kill when they had 1% of HP left that time at Qcon. Oh well.

I should sit down and start practising again. Played awfully at Arcadecon, the worst I've ever played probably. Couldn't start anything off, just felt really slow with everything gamewise. I'll be on Xbox Live for the next couple of days messing around. Feel free to join me if any of you have the game on 360. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

One problem I've had with execution is with those crap PS3 pads. Can't get a simple 2C>Bubble>jc.C>jc.C combo out without that stupid D-pad not registering it. And I know others have complained about this too. From now on, all BBCS tournaments will be on Xbox, the pad is much better, and if it's on a PS3, then somebody better bring pad converters. (Please)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Xinkai wrote: »
    If it's on a PS3, then somebody better bring pad converters. (Please)
    In fairness it should be up to the person attending the tournament to bring their own converter. It's not really fair to expect the tournament organisers to supply that kind of thing - they already have enough on their plate with the actual running of the event without buying and taking care of speciality equipment like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

From now on, all BBCS tournaments will be on Xbox, the pad is much better, and if it's on a PS3, then somebody better bring pad converters.

LOL Xinkai

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

One problem I've had with execution is with those crap PS3 pads. Can't get a simple 2C>Bubble>jc.C>jc.C combo out without that stupid D-pad not registering it. And I know others have complained about this too. From now on, all BBCS tournaments will be on Xbox, the pad is much better, and if it's on a PS3, then somebody better bring pad converters. (Please)

I know you said please, but most of the serious stick players had to go to the bother of dual modding their sticks. You can't rely on others for this stuff. You should really buy one of those converters for your own sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Or a Saitek pad.

• Advertisement

Ok I came out a bit brash, when I meant was, is it possible for anyone to bring a converter to casuals or a tournament. I wasn't demanding, sorry if it came across that way.

But seriously, PS3 pads are ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

+1

Stupid Zangief ultra on PS3 with the analog ends up a lot of the time with my finger slipping off and hitting the home button

Ok I came out a bit brash, when I meant was, is it possible for anyone to bring a converter to casuals or a tournament. I wasn't demanding, sorry if it came across that way.

But seriously, PS3 pads are ****e

Just spend a small amount of money on a solution for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Are you honestly saying that the 360 pad is better for fighting games than the PS3 one?

And yeah, given that most stick users have spent a lot of money getting their controllers dual-modded, it's more down to yourself than anyone else to get a pad converter, the organisers of events will almost definitely have no use for one themselves.

Looking at a few online now, going for 40 for a wired pad, or 80 for a wireless pad. Was more of a question to tournament organizers, not a demand =P

And yes Vyze, I'm saying 360 pads are a million times better than PS3 pads. (I use 360 analog stick, not dpad)

Seeing as how I tend to be the only one to organise any BB outside of the North and Cons; no. Get your own.

On the subject of converters and pads and all. Where can I pick up a good 360 -> PS3 converter. :P I might not have a job, but I can go pick one up, it's an investment I should make, it'd help me out alot more than complaining all day.

Linoud wrote: »
    On the subject of converters and pads and all. Where can I pick up a good 360 -> PS3 converter. :P I might not have a job, but I can go pick one up, it's an investment I should make, it'd help me out alot more than complaining all day.

At the moment, there's no really good 360 - PS3 converters. Bush has one that he uses for other games, but no idea if it's good for fighting games.

A Saitek PC pad is probably the best way to go. It's essentially a 360 controller that works on PS3. Alioune used one for years, so if it's good enough for one of Europes best players, then it's got to be good.

I might have a look into it, I don't mind getting one set pad to use for all consoles, etc. The way I play these days is:

360 Pad: It's horrible for dashing and 360 buttons.. They just seem to start getting stuck or lose responsiveness quicker than other pads. It's the controller of choice for me if I wanted to play FPS games or such though, but for fighters, it just looses outright I think.

PS3 Pad: I don't own a PS3 due to a break-in at my house, if I did still own one, I would have no problems getting BB on PS3 and just using that console as my fighting game one. Then I would be able to just play on a Dpad that is EXCELLENT for Dashes and jc' in BB. The analogue is far too loose and I prefer the 360's controller for games where I'd actually use one, like FPS, etc. But this is for fighting games.

The only reason I use an analogue for fighting games at all is because the 360's "dpad" is a piece of ****. Which is unfortunate, because since I'm so used to using an analogue stick, it's harder to switch to Dpad for Half circle - Forward motions and just for the first few games.

Gonna have a better look at pads and converters later. Saitek one looks alright but is there a converter for PS3 - > 360 even? I'd much rather use that, just it'd cost me more to go pickup a new PS3 pad and the converter than just the converter for 360.

Yeah there are PS3 to 360 converters that are good.

Ask Hound to link to his one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

th_1311509423742.png

Looks like BBCS2+ on the PSVita is getting a new character: Relius Clover.

relius.jpg

wat

Guess you'll be heading out to buy a PSVita then? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Where the hell can I buy this. Every store was out of stock or tried to sell me ct for 50 saying it was the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Where the hell can I buy this. Every store was out of stock or tried to sell me ct for 50 saying it was the new one.

It was in fairly plentiful supply at launch and was often selling for less than 20 euro.

HMV is probably your best bet; but remember that both it and Gamestop have interconnected stock systems, so you can find out if anywhere has it in stock pretty quickly if the staff member is helpful.

If you're going to be at the all nighter or Nom-Con I have an unopened LE of BBCS for 360 should you wish to take it off my hands for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

I'll be in turkey then. I may give the money to a friend who is going though. I'll be at day of champs too

Relius has been confirmed to be released to BBCS in arcades later this year, with location tests starting in two weeks.
    Read all (the little there is to know) about it on streetfighter.ie!

• Advertisement

Really? Really?! EFFIN' REALLY ARKSYS.

Goddamnit.

Advertisement