Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

What's with the hate? XD

That he's yet another DLC character, or that he's bringing balance changes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

That it's happening so goddamn soon (AGAIN) after we litterally JUST got the update. It's absurd. It also means we're playing an out-of-date version. AGAIN. It's just stuff like this that totally puts the hate on BB for me.
    Not to mention, holding with Zen's track record, it's not going to be a case of WILL the EU release get screwed up, just HOW BADLY it will be screwed up (in terms of delays and such nonsense).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Sairus wrote: »
    What's with the hate? XD

That he's yet another DLC character, or that he's bringing balance changes?

Another bad match up for Tager. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Well, it came out in December 2010, so 8 months isn't atrocious...

However, if this doesn't come as a QUICK update to PSN/XBL, it'll kill BlazBlue.
    Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Again.

I'm not really sure when it was last alive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It was coming back to life to be fair, but if they do the same stupid crap again, it'll just kill any hype for the game that might grow.

Evo 2k10, the community decided to drop BBCT because BBCS was out on arcade but not console (didn't help that CT was kinda broken).

TBH ArcSys should've left the announcement until after Evo/SBO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Clearer version of the images of Relius shown in the most recent Famitsu have surfaced on Zen United's Facebook page.
    As always, read all about it on Streetfighter.ie :pac:

267279_382613264976_126073299976_1426119_7652418_n.jpg

284609_382613214976_126073299976_1426115_4576730_n.jpg

267214_382613229976_126073299976_1426116_4353065_n.jpg

262409_382613244976_126073299976_1426117_8303367_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Tsukiko_chan

couple of questions for other players.

anyone else learning the advanced tao stuff? trying to figure out how others manage the timing for the D-A loop in particular as i can only manage about 4 iterations in the corner at my best with a finisher (3 anywhere else but with a finisher). i've found that it seems to be easier if i actually put in the up-towards movement from neutrel, helps with timing strangely. i know holding up-towards and just pressing d-a works but the timings seem harder to manage for it. any advice?

onto makoto stuff, anyone else find her big corner combos hard to time? i seem to be having difficulty with following her 2c, 214a-charged D with 6a. for most of the time, when i try this i end up too close to the corner and the opponent has already went over my head and the 6a comes out as a neutrel-a. i found after the 30-50th attempt that delaying pressing the D for a brief 1/4-1/2 second seems to allow makoto to slide back further and means that the enemy falls on front rather than behind. am i on the right track here? makoto's timing are really really tight in cs2, it's hard to get anything right and more often than not if i try her advanced stuff, i end up missing the timing due to nerves or stuff and lose cuz of it :O her stuff is so pretty now if done right, but i feel i have to anticipate hits in order to react fast enough to put in the next thing...>.< i can only manage her 6c, 214b~D about 40-60% of the time when i try...

i need more practice lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

couple of questions for other players.

onto makoto stuff, anyone else find her big corner combos hard to time? i seem to be having difficulty with following her 2c, 214a-charged D with 6a. for most of the time, when i try this i end up too close to the corner and the opponent has already went over my head and the 6a comes out as a neutrel-a. i found after the 30-50th attempt that delaying pressing the D for a brief 1/4-1/2 second seems to allow makoto to slide back further and means that the enemy falls on front rather than behind. am i on the right track here? makoto's timing are really really tight in cs2, it's hard to get anything right and more often than not if i try her advanced stuff, i end up missing the timing due to nerves or stuff and lose cuz of it :O her stuff is so pretty now if done right, but i feel i have to anticipate hits in order to react fast enough to put in the next thing...>.< i can only manage her 6c, 214b~D about 40-60% of the time when i try...

i need more practice lol.

Mak has gotten tougher, the timing of her drive is no faster. But once you get use to it, you should get it most of the time. after you do your bnb after the jumping D your ment to place a 236a~D then cancel into 214a~D then 6a into BBS and if you got meter to particle flare. If you don't put the 236a~D after jumping D and went straight away into 236a~D you need to enter the super montion on the other direction.

double post due to internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Tsukiko_chan

chueytoo wrote: »
    Mak has gotten tougher, the timing of her drive is now faster. But once you get use to it, you should get it most of the time. after you do your bnb after the jumping D your ment to place a 236a~D then cancel into 214a~D then 6a into BBS and if you got meter to particle flare. If you don't put the 236a~D after jumping D and went straight away into 236a~D you need to enter the super montion on the other direction.

The 216a~d is the thing throwing me at the min. my execution of her drives and bnb and the 2c-216b~d is getting better with time, but I'm still figuring out the a version. I shall try out the reverse super input later this week, i'm sort of bogged down at the min with thesis.

I'm starting to become saddened to think that makoto is almost becoming my main in cs2 because i havent had the time to put in the tao practice i need and want ;_; i love makoto and all, but having tao as my main was always a pride for me.

You should keep with toa cause we don't ahve any toa players, also i bet ya mak will get a nerf soon. shes defo too good and up at top 3. but no matter what, tager is still the most playerd character in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Damn right Joe, when your motto is "Spin Stick, Win Games" or "This hand of mine is churning red!", you've got to pick him. :o That being said, I need to sit down and practice Ragna properly like I did that one time for CS1, helped improve myself alot doing that session, so maybe it'll help again. :o

Anyone know what the patch Relius is going to bring for us? Just minor changes, or will it change damage for characters?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Linoud wrote: »
    "This hand of mine is churning red!"

IT TELLS ME TO 720 YOU! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

IT TELLS ME TO 720 YOU! :pac:

TAKE THIS! MY LOVE! MY ANGER! AND ALL OF MY SORROW! SHIIINIIIIING GAAAADGEEEEEEEEEEET FIIIIIIIIINGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER! GO!! GOOO!! GOOOOOOO!!!!

For those who are confused, this is all I get in my head while I play Tager and spin stick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwyVV5_orBo&feature=related

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I was going to sit down and find a new main and get good at this game so I could own Voa in this too, last night. But I couldn't find my copy. Sickening :P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I was going to sit down and find a new main and get good at this game so I could own Voa in this too, last night. But I couldn't find my copy. Sickening :P

just get good enough with tager and own voa at it. He would be super salty if he wasn't best tager anymore :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

We've too many Tagers in Ireland.

Needs more Noel and Tsubaki

• Advertisement

Fergus_ wrote: »
    We've too many Tagers in Ireland.

Needs more Noel and Tsubaki

you mean need more top tier :D speaking of which i would love to learn tsuabaki.

you can never have to many tagers.

If I gave a damn, I'd pick Tsubaki up again.

Or Hakumen.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

chueytoo wrote: »
    you mean need more top tier :D speaking of which i would love to learn tsuabaki.

you can never have to many tagers.

You do know that Tsubaki is B tier right? She's not even A tier. Also she is super easy to learn, I'm thinking about officially making her my sub. Most of the people I've played against at casuals and stuff I do pretty well with her, so we'll see. She's basically the new ragna, only more dangerous if she has meter and charge.

And yes, yes you can have too many Tagers. You know what I think I am definitely going to start playing Tsubaki more, just to make it so that tournaments aren't just Tager, Makoto, Noel, and the occasional Platinum/Lambda, oh and also Ragna. I know some of the guys in the north play Valkenhayn and stuff but we rarely get to play them. I wish someone would main Rachel just because it would be fun to have her in tourneys. I tried for awhile but I'm not to good at controlling the wind and her at the same time, same reason for not maining Carl.

main Rachel

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I like Hazama.

Only Fake Jim played him AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I like Hazama.

Only Fake Jim played him AFAIK.

*Ahem*

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Ramza wrote: »
    *Ahem*

:pac:

Good show!

Does any of that stuff still work in CS2?

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Apparantly this newest version of BB is going be called "BlazBlue Continuum Shift II Millenium".

Azza wrote: »
    Apparantly this newest version of BB is going be called "BlazBlue Continuum Shift II Millenium".

Oh look, there's a Hazama player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

right so BB caught my eye at evo, like some anime stuff, ive never played it so if any BB players would answer me this,

1.how easy is the game to pick up to be decent?
    2.one reason i should play this game
    3.one reason i shouldnt play this game
    4.if you had to compare it to something else thats around

Advertisement