Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

1.how easy is the game to pick up to be decent? how long is a piece of string? Depends on what you consider decent, the effort you are willing to put into it etc. All things considered it's not the hardest game to get into and get a reasonable level.
    2.one reason i should play this game - it's a fun game with a lot of interesting mechanics which means that you'll generally be able to find at least one character that will interest you and be fun to play.
    3.one reason i shouldnt play this game - The balance can be really bad and they seem to constantly announcing new versions which they delay and delay and delay and delay...and delay
    4.if you had to compare it to something else thats around - Guilty Gear and any of the other new school style of fighters

Hope that helps and I hope I got it all right. I'm open to be corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

thanks man,helpfull :) one more think is there a block button or is hold back like sf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

thanks man,helpfull :) one more think is there a block button or is hold back like sf?

Hold back to block.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Although while blocking, you can hold A+B to do Barrier, which stops chip damage / guard crush and pushes the opponent back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Lambda - Hold C to launch all swords.

EZ Mode Activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

"Hazama drive (Ouruboros) decreased in attack level"

Dunno if this simply means "does less damage" or if "attack level" means something more in BB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

"Hazama drive (Ouruboros) decreased in attack level"

Dunno if this simply means "does less damage" or if "attack level" means something more in BB?

Attack level means priority for clashing hits. This means the attack will outright lose to certain moves now, where it would have traded/clashed before.

Also;
    Volt charge - Day 1 combo from sledge counter if an opponent hits the guard point yields 4000 damage
    ohsweetjumpingcarp.

Voa wrote: »
    Attack level means priority for clashing hits. This means the attack will outright lose to certain moves now, where it would have traded/clashed before.

Since it's sort of a projectile, and not hittable like Dhalsim's limbs though; am I right in saying this will make the most difference at trying to stop people getting on Hazama?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Xinkai wrote: »

EZ Mode Activate.
    Of everything new in CS2+, that is the one change that makes literally no change to the character.

edit: And Lambda is easy mode anyway.

• Advertisement

Since it's sort of a projectile, and not hittable like Dhalsim's limbs though; am I right in saying this will make the most difference at trying to stop people getting on Hazama?

Honestly? I have no proper idea. I'd have to look up it's priority. If it was high enough, it could technically have traded with DPs and such. Though I think it was at the same level as Tager's j2C elbow, so I think that he now has to flash kick instead of double chaining.

Again though, I'd have to look it up.

Again though, I'd have to look it up.

Don't worry about it, if I want to know badly enough, it's my responsibility to look it up.

Might just try the j2c with Tager versus some chains, see who wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Xinkai wrote: »

EZ Mode Activate.

Because mashing the button for more hits requires skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?12216-BBCS2-new-version-loketest-8-11-11-UNHELPFUL-POST-TEMPBAN

for all the changes so far. Seems like mak can't combo into over head. I have to hit confirm to make sure your crouching to go into corner bnb(like ragna)

that should slow down her pressure now.

This whole Barrier Burst gives 25% meter though...where the **** did that come from.

Also, yay for instant-Barrier shoving you away...though how far away is away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Nacht Jager - Increased knockback on air hit
    well they usually jump away so i don't understand how-

3c - Is now special cancelable. Can be emergency teched
    ah so we can do the double sweep now from it makes pressure easi...wait...

Wolf form B - Removed head attribute invincibility
    no.....

Rasen wolf - Wolf gauge depletion increased
    NO.....

2c - Untechable time decreased

basically what i think this means is that they dislike how our combos last forever and increased how much wolf charge it takes. also. must be standing wolf b. yes it is unblockable if they're in the air but i think they've taken away the fact it could cleanly anti-air some thing. the 2c untechable time. could be from the ground combos OR could be from the fact alot of people used 2c into 6c. i know i do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Various D moves - Can no longer be canceled into specials (drive specials, distortion drives, and astrals can still be canceled into)
    Optic Barrel - Startup time increased
    j.d - Untechable time decreased
    j.4d - Untechable time decreased.

Guess I'm going to go learn Haza.......
    Various D moves - Attack level decreased

I'm off to learn Hakumen or Arakune. >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Wait so Noel's getting nerfed big time?

Just as I was getting into CS2 >.<

She's being nerfed a lot but she's still going to be a fairly strong character. Probably A or B tier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

turns out the wolf gauge usage is up and 2c is almost useless and i dont have a good anti-air anymore. this is only a loketest though so no need to panic just yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

I'll play this game if tao is god tier.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

Red350 wrote: »
    I'll play this game if tao is god tier.

HA, Oh I wish Tao would be god tier. But that will never....ever.....ever happen. I'd be happy if Tager ends up being not the worst character, that's all I ask.

Tager actually got some legitimate buffs in this version.
    Arcsys are going to be firing some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Thinking of getting back into BB, aint played since last WoH though XD i'll pick it up on games on demand during the week maybe. will i automatically have all the patches etc or do i need to pay for updates like ae?

Ramza wrote: »
    Thinking of getting back into BB, aint played since last WoH though XD i'll pick it up on games on demand during the week maybe. will i automatically have all the patches etc or do i need to pay for updates like ae?

The BBCS2 patch was free. DLC characters cost, though as a Haku player you'll be fine.

Just thought I'd share this Youtube Playlist I came across while looking for music to listen to at work because I hadn't heard any of them before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap_7dlJE3TA&playnext=1&list=PL50F966B946511DE5

It has "Live suites" of a lot of the Blazblue music, and the normal character stage themes BUT with Lyrics (they sound really weird).

Bangs stage theme (NOT The Bang Bang Bang song) with Lyrics sounds kind of like it's being sung by Weird Al....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This whole Barrier Burst gives 25% meter though...where the **** did that come from.

Also, yay for instant-Barrier shoving you away...though how far away is away?
    In Guilty Gear, getting hit by Offensive Burst gave 100% meter.

*edit*
    Furthermore:
    If P1 uses O.Burst and it HITS, P1 gets 100% meter.
    If P1 uses O.Burst and it's blocked, neither player gets meter, but P1 is left with 30% Burst.

If P1 uses Defensive Burst, neither player gains meter.
    But P1 is left with 30% Burst on hit, 0% Burst on block.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/content.php?190-BBCS2-Location-Test-details

lol mak can't do 5D(lvl3) into 2D(lvl3) in corner anymore. i wonder what her bnb in corner is gonna be.

Also 6B does not force crouch so you can't combo into 5D:(

lucky ragna got a slight buff:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

But I only play Noel ;_;

Aw well, CS1 level again :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

From the limited look we've had of Relius so far, he looks nowhere near as fun as Carl.

Advertisement