Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

From the limited look we've had of Relius so far, he looks nowhere near as fun as Carl.

Chopper needs dem offscreen fireballs :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Im sorry from what he looks like he HAS A STAND
    JotaroAnimation.gif
    RELIUS BIZARRE ADVENTURE
    IF THIS ISNT A PALETTE ON RELIUS IM GOING TO KILL SOMETHING

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Dear BB fools please stop talking about awesome games like Jojos

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Dear BB fools please stop talking about awesome games like Jojos
    Jojo's confirmed for Day of Champions.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Jojo's confirmed for Day of Champions.
    If not then i'll continue calling relius Jotaro.
    'cuz i can

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I perfected Joe's Makoto with Lambda today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

I did it long ago. :P First!
    Fair enough for doing it on a stick anyway. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Xinkai wrote: »
    I perfected Joe's Makoto with Lambda today :D

you make it sound like such a big deal. well congratz to you if it made you happy;)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

sorry ive been under a rock for the last while cs2+. what i assume the plus stands for extra waiting time damn you zen. I agree with chopper reilus looks nowhere near as fun as carl but like most new and dlc characters in blazblue he will be in dire need of nerfs. so i will probably try learn him unless it comes out on xbox first again in which case xinkai will learn him :D

Ah! I was wondering where you've been all this time. :P Hope your doing alright man! We've all been playing on 360 since CS2 in the XGC! Something to do with DLC.

I think I'll do what I usually do, and stick with Ragna in CS2+. :P
    Might be learning a sub sometime. I mean, my Tager doesn't count, since I just churn out stuff. Maybe Haku.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Linoud wrote: »
    Ah! I was wondering where you've been all this time. :P Hope your doing alright man! We've all been playing on 360 since CS2 in the XGC! Something to do with DLC.

I think I'll do what I usually do, and stick with Ragna in CS2+. :P
    Might be learning a sub sometime. I mean, my Tager doesn't count, since I just churn out stuff. Maybe Haku.

Well hakumen is more of a patient punish character if I remember correctly........ Not really fitting your style :-p

Well hakumen is more of a patient punish character if I remember correctly........ Not really fitting your style :-p

He is indeed a more patient and totally defensive character. It might not fit my rush-down style much, but it can only help improve my patience and play in match-ups. Also, it's so god damn satisfying landing a Yukikaze (Counter Distortion) in a match. And the Come at Me Bro stance in a match is amazing, like yesterdays first set against Xinkai.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Well I'm going to be trying out Carl anyway. So if the next time ya see me I have pulled out all my hair you know why

Well more changes are up

from what i've seen:
    they took away the burst giving meter thing

Tager looks to actually rise a tier
    Noel gets slightly worse
    Hakumen gets better
    Makoto gets slightly worse
    Valkenhayn gets worse (i'll talk about this seperately)
    Mu gets better but loses a guard primer
    Jin gets a few changes

Weiss Jagd - P2 proration improved
    Don't entirely understand what proration means

236A - Can now combo from this
    Guessing means i can do the command sweep then go into this.

Nacht Jager - Increased horizontal knockback on air hit. Hitstun on ground hit slightly increased. Proration now slightly worse
    Oh look i might have my fun time of causing endless strings again. but again im lost on the proration thing.

Mondlicht (j.236b) - Now air blockable without barrier
    Oh so not air unblockable anymore. its ok most dont try to hit it in air block strings anyway.

Command Grab - Longer recovery
    Well i get this. it did recover fast if it missed. i mean. look at bang when he misses his command grab

Wolf form B - Brief head invulnerability before active frames
    Ok so they gave us SOME anti-air back.

2C - Untechable time decreased more. 2C > 6C no longer possible off low proration starters
    Wait 2C>6C no longer possible off certian starters? well so far thats the big "**** you" to valkenhayn players

Eisen (wolf j.214A/B) - Proration now worse
    lost on proration

What i'm seeing here is that they're removing some of the herpderp aspects

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Some Relius footage from TGS:

I played bb for the first time today in a few months and my left thumb is killing me damn you dpad

More Relius a few combos in this

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

More Relius a few combos in this

Fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Really liking the look of Relius, potential main/sub.

• Advertisement

He looks lie a simpler version of carl with a better damage output and his robot doesnt break:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'm looking forward to Relius's addition from a purely plot perspective.

He seems to be one of the only people in the entire Blazblue roster of playable and non-playable characters who HASN'T been manipulate by Hazama/Terumi as far as we know.

On the contrary, he actually seems to be able to order Hazama around.

That's weird, and I want to find out what the deal is there.

I'd like to see him get his own Story mode, along with Valk, Makoto and Platinum. Bit of a shame they didn't give them any with their DLC, it'd be a bigger incentive for me to go out and buy some of them. :o

Also not sure if this is true or not, but I just found this online on another forum I've been checking out lately.

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/27/sorry-blazblue-fans-continuum-shift-extend-will-not-be-released-as-a-dlc-upgrade/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

That only mentions PSVita, seems PS/Xbox copies could still get away with being DLC? Hopefully free.

Hopefully not 6 months delayed.

...oh who am I kidding. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Anyone know if the DLC characters have story-modes in the handheld versions of CS2?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'll probably buy BB:CSE somehow (probably in limited edition), play it properly for 2 weeks, then forget all about it.

Just like the last 2 releases :pac:

Arc System Works already released BlazBlue: Continuum Shift for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. So, will you be able to upgrade?

The answer from BlazBlue series producer Toshimichi Mori is no. You won’t be able to purchase downloadable content to turn Continuum Shift into Continuum Shift Extend

Iunno, Voa, that might only be about the Vita Version, but it does seem to be the consoles they're talking about. I don't want to have to buy another copy, but it does seem alot handier to get a copy with all the DLC and Patches on it, but I bet my colours won't work. Those bastards. ;-;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

What a bloody hash.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

not really sure how dated this is and who came up with it. Some person or maybe group of people thought of it.
    but here is a match up knowleage of bbcs2

so yeah mak is just defo top and noel is not 2nd it seems.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ao-N3NfKLHWtdGdKOTI3X1MyWnYwTUdPcGNTUDl4MHc&hl=en_US#gid=0

i also got to say this is defo the most balance BB to date then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Some match ups I wouldn't agree with there. Ragna vs Hakumen isn't in Ragna's favour and I'd say the same about the Hazama vs Hakumen match up.

Advertisement