Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

It's also got about the same head invun period as Tager's backdash, is jump cancelable, as well as special cancelable, cancels into a number of his other normals and doesn't stretch his hitbox out.

Ara > Tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

Voa wrote: »
    It's also got about the same head invun period as Tager's backdash, is jump cancelable, as well as special cancelable, cancels into a number of his other normals and doesn't stretch his hitbox out.

Ara > Tag.

True story bro

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

chueytoo wrote: »
    lamda has swords the speed of nu
    Judging from a quick look at a vid, it seems like the ending speed of the swords might be quick, but the startup is definitely not what Nu had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ht8am_PXVWM#t=213s
    Watch the vid from the point in the timestamp. Whenever the swords whiff, they end up being very fast, but look at the startup and the speed they can get to when they have something to connect with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

ah but you can whiff AC to 720 or 360. which is your favourite thing to do voa
    My VERY favoritest thing is when people forget it's an old-school 720 setup and try to poke AC from mid range.
    :D

Voa wrote: »
    My VERY favoritest thing is when people forget it's an old-school 720 setup and try to poke AC from mid range.
    :D

Why don't I use this? Oh right I play legit Tager...why do I play Tager?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Vyze wrote: »
    Judging from a quick look at a vid, it seems like the ending speed of the swords might be quick, but the startup is definitely not what Nu had.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Ht8am_PXVWM#t=213s
    Watch the vid from the point in the timestamp. Whenever the swords whiff, they end up being very fast, but look at the startup and the speed they can get to when they have something to connect with.

I did side my sides and they are Nu speed dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Just watched some Hakumen videos and I really like what they've done with him.

J.B can be cancelled into J.2A, which improves his corner carry combos distance and damage.
    Kishuu has more invincibility and travels further, finally giving him a decent approach other than an air dash.
    6A has some purpose in some of his corner combos now, though I don't know if it has any obvious benefits over his standard combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Tsuika (214A -> 214D) does not break primers anymore.
    -Keri Age (214B -> 214D) does not break primers anymore.

;___; But.. That was the best and easiest way for him to break primers.. WHYY.
    I'm looking forward to playing this, in about a years time.. >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Ice car soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Ice car soon!!

Ice car is cool and all, buts its all about them DP loops :p

• Advertisement

Ice Car soon indeed. ;_; I'm half tempted to learn Jin to fill in the gap since you haven't attended in awhile, Batman! Team Jin isn't represented at all!

Linoud wrote: »
    Ice Car soon indeed. ;_; I'm half tempted to learn Jin to fill in the gap since you haven't attended in awhile, Batman! Team Jin isn't represented at all!

I've been learning him very slowly, since I'm considering him as my sub, and Joe's claimed to be maining Jin for the next DoC.

That being said, our Jins are scrubs and we need a real Jin again. :pac:

I did joke about and say I was maining Hazama for the last DoC. Maybe I'll actually go do that, or learn Jin. I did want to learn them towards the end of CS1's life, so maybe I'll do it now that extend is coming out.

I'll probably just some more work into my Noel so I have a decent sub for the matchups I hate playing as Hakumen.

Then I'll learn Relius when Extend comes out and he'll be my new main or sub.

Naphiel wrote: »
    and Joe's claimed to be maining Jin for the next DoC.

Joe better get a lot better with Jin before the next DOC if he wants to stick with him through the whole tourney. When we fought I had no trouble beating him with Tager and Noel...granted those are my two best characters (arguably). But he's not bad at BB so I can see him doing it, we'll just have to wait and see.

Joe better get a lot better with Jin before the next DOC if he wants to stick with him through the whole tourney. When we fought I had no trouble beating him with Tager and Noel...granted those are my two best characters (arguably). But he's not bad at BB so I can see him doing it, we'll just have to wait and see.

True, still need alot of work. But win/lose last place. I will keep with him, I won't change for DOC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Naphiel wrote: »
    I'll probably just some more work into my Noel so I have a decent sub for the matchups I hate playing as Hakumen.

Then I'll learn Relius when Extend comes out and he'll be my new main or sub.
    I intend to learn relius also and make him my sub (or main). i enjoy pressure characters. valkenhayn and relius are just that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I think I mentioned this at Casuals, but here are the links to what Relius' astral looks like on the different characters

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?5466-Blazblue-*Official*-Art-and-Goodies-Thread&p=1156069&viewfull=1#post1156069

Spoilers, depending on your milage.

I'm hoping that they're not putting so much effort into Relius's astral as a means of justifying an entirely new disc release with one new character =/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Zen United are releasing a special edition of CS2 for 3DS and PSP - the Manga Edition.
    It has the game and a the previously untranslated Phase Zero manga packaged with it which chronicles Ragna's story as he's hurled back 100 years into the past for his first meeting with Jubei. (For those unaware, BB's story is... complicated.)

pre-order-blazblue-continuum-shift-ii-manga-edition-539-p.gif
    I bet you weeaboos read that comic right to left, didn't you?! Go back and read it left to right.

http://www.store.blazbluegame.com/pre-order--blazblue--continuum-shift-ii---manga-edition-539-p.asp

• Advertisement

I want the key chain O__o

I might have to take back my statement for playing Jin in DOC, cause its not going well right now >__<

I might have to take back my statement for playing Jin in DOC, cause its not going well right now >__<
    Whats troubleing you joe dp loops?

Whats troubleing you joe dp loops?

Dp loops is fine, and all that combos as well. its actully hitting the person and hit comfirming and getting in/approching real opponents. basically jin jesus kick is not a jesus kick.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Part 1 of an awesome set between a great lambchops and a better Jin. Might help you out Joe. Check out the rest of his matches sure!

I want that manga.. >_>; But Im not arsed buying another copy of BB CS.. it might be available at the Expo in a week or two at the Zen United Desk like the other Collectors Edition merchandise but who knows? ;_;

I know your a much better player than me and your jin will more than likely beat mine but i find the best way to get at people is 5c whether its dashing or standing. in my opinion 5c is the closest thing jin has to a jesus kick. give it a try and let me know how you get on also epic match :D cheers onion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

What Noel players should I be looking up on youtube?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Fergus_ wrote: »

It doesn't matter, they nall do the same thing anyway. But look up some 2GB Combo when playing Noel.

Just look through the BBVlog, they should have loads.

Xinkai doesn't know what he's talking about not all Noel players are the same. As it turns out spamming the hell out of drive moves is not the only way to play Noel. But he is right about 2GB Combo, that dude works magic with Noel. But if you are gonna play Noel seriously then you gotta be okay with doing risky s***, that's the way Noel gets most of her damage. That or using 2D or a well timed 4D for jump-ins. However if you use them constantly then you'll just get baited and punished everytime, you have to react to moves not call them out. Also 2D is easily beat by anti-air everytime, even Tager's horribly bad 2C, so try not use it very often during mix-up because it's fairly easy to punish if the other player is good at reacting.

Oh yeah and check out Tokido, he also plays a solid Noel, though I like 2GB Combo's Noel more. I also play Noel pretty well (I like to think) I'm certainly no 2GB but I can show you what I know if you want at the next casuals. The only thing I still have trouble with is doing any version of the Haida loop, but hopefully I'll get it down before CXC since I plan to play Noel for that (might switch back and forth between Tager and Noel depending on how things go).

• Advertisement

2gb is a good noel to watch thats from america. But if you want to watch the best Noel then its r-1, no doubt about it. but also high bridge or GUCCI are amazing noels as well.

Advertisement