Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

It's way too early to tell. It'll probably be like CS2 anyway, so tiers won't mean that much.

I'll be sticking with Hakumen. Going to keep learning Hazama for his bad matchups, since the dash 6C dash 5C doesn't bother me any more, and I'll pick up Relius when this is released.

Yeah, Hakumen is looking pretty godlike.
    Throw, 6A, 6C, Mugen ought to make Ken happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

chueytoo wrote: »
    unofficial but this is whats some of the japanese people are saying thats all

S: Hakumen, Mu-12, Taokaka
    A: Platinum, Rachel, Arakune, Litchi, Tager, Valkenhayn
    B: Makoto, Ragna, Hazama, Jin, Lambda-11, Noel, Tsubaki
    C: Bang, Relius
    D: Carl

but from the recent tourneys it seems to be false.
    Just letting you guys know thats all.

Lol at Noel

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Lol I doubt this tier is true, this is what people think. But from the tourneys its no way near true. Give it time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

New PV also gives the japanese release date.
    So whos buying themselves a japanese copy?

• Advertisement

That song sounds alot better there then it did in the opening for some reason O__o

More importantly, which part of the song plays during astrals?

Naphiel wrote: »
    More importantly, which part of the song plays during astrals?

with the new disk i say the new song in the intro, most likely.

well that song has grown on me now:rolleyes: well it does sound better then the intro for BBcse, could have been sound quality.

I wonder if tager stays A tier, unlikely. How many people will pick him up :p In ireland

also seems like in japan ragna is now the most used character, yes even more used then the cs1 version.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

SirAuronDX wrote: »

New PV also gives the japanese release date.
    So whos buying themselves a japanese copy?
    That video really highlights the difference between East & West.

If I didn't know what it was, I don't think I could give a flying fúck about the game based on that trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

ordered bbcs online today so should be scrubing it up in bb in bout a week or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

ordered bbcs online today so should be scrubing it up in bb in bout a week or so

If your at the next casuals on Wed, I'm sure a few of the BB players, myself included, will help show you the ropes. :]

Linoud wrote: »
    If your at the next casuals on Wed, I'm sure a few of the BB players, myself included, will help show you the ropes. :]

thanks man :)
    yea id say learning the in and outs of the basics be easier while talking to people who already know rather than looking at forums,was looking up things online and was like..
    "damn so many meters"
    "i can air/ground tech out of combos rather than just teching throws wtf"
    "grrr learning new notations,why have a directional input notation for when i dont input one(5 :confused:)"

thanks man :)
    yea id say learning the in and outs of the basics be easier while talking to people who already know rather than looking at forums,was looking up things online and was like..
    "damn so many meters"
    "i can air/ground tech out of combos rather than just teching throws wtf"
    "grrr learning new notations,why have a directional input notation for when i dont input one(5 :confused:)"

For some characters, you have to let the stick return to neutral before doing another motion in certain set ups. Like when I'm doing my Hakumen corner combos, I have to return to stick to neutral after my 2C before bringing it down again to super jump.

Naphiel wrote: »
    For some characters, you have to let the stick return to neutral before doing another motion in certain set ups. Like when I'm doing my Hakumen corner combos, I have to return to stick to neutral after my 2C before bringing it down again to super jump.

thanks,i hoped there had to be a reason rather than.....because,thats why :p

Think Hakumen's 3C being an air unblockable is silly? Well 2B is too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Further proof that Arc just throw darts to decide their changes.

Apparently BK isn't worth it anymore? Pssh. Still the best random move you can toss out there. BK -> Devoured by Darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

It's to help with the way some people write notation. If someone writes 2ABC, they normally mean that you crouch for the whole A->B->C chain. However, if the B and C should be standing, then 2A 5BC makes it more clear (or 2A 5B 5C).

I *seriously* hate "Japanese input" notation.

IT'S GOD. DAMN. BACKWARDS!!

1,2,3 should be u/b, u, u/f
    7,8,9 should be d/b, d, d/f

When AT&T researched it, they found that 1,2,3 on top was the most NATURAL notation system to use for their phones.
    The only "reason" we have this ass-backwards 7,8,9 on-top notation is because calculator companies did NO RESEARCH WHATSOEVER into which notation to use.

*edit*
    not to mention it doesn't work with Tekken notation, either.
    [/rant]

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

Look at the numpad on your keyboard. You'd normally be typing these thing sup on your PC, not your phone.

• Advertisement

Vyze wrote: »
    Look at the numpad on your keyboard. You'd normally be typing these thing sup on your PC, not your phone.
    I refuse to buy a computer with a backwards numpad.

That's why I have a Mac.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

That's why I have a Mac.

thats just you then, the guy wanted some info on the numbers. well macs are good, but are useless for games really. but i have both so meh :p

1man3letters just look at the keyboard and the number means the direction of the stick hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

That's why I have a Mac.

Not sure if serious.

Oh wait.

Not sure if serious.

Oh wait.
    (the joke is that they have no numpads)
    Pasted%20Graphic.png

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

6c in cantonese means eat sh1t #justsayin'

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    6c in cantonese means eat sh1t #justsayin'

not really, to be honest. its pronounce differently.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

chueytoo wrote: »
    not really, to be honest. its pronounce differently.

pretty much the same, ur welcome to try it on a random asian. see what happens

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

(the joke is that they have no numpads)
    Pasted%20Graphic.png

I don't get it, that keyboard has a numpad.

4:20 min match starts
    5:00 min in

looks like tager is gonne be high tier :p

• Advertisement

Tager so broken. He makes butter even better now.

Haven't really been paying attention to extend, just have the opening stuck in my goddamn head all day though. >_> The non live version sounds so much better.

Advertisement