Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

chueytoo wrote: »
    looks like tager is gonne be high tier :p

Oh dear god

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Ordered my copy of Extend.
    I'm ready for top tier Hakumen. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

PS3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

PS3?

Yeah. Ordered an Asian edition copy from Play Asia. Works out a few euro cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

my copy of bbcs came yesterday and was dropped up to me this morning :)
    going to start tutorial mode in a few

quick question,should i bother with dlc or just wait for extend? (was told there was 6 month wait for europe last game)

• Advertisement

quick question,should i bother with dlc or just wait for extend? (was told there was 6 month wait for europe last game)

It's pretty much up to your wallet vs your patience.

Ark Sys don't seem to have DLC transfer between games like Capcom.

So you can get all the characters now, for money, or get them waaaaay later with the Extend disc (also for money).

It's pretty much up to your wallet vs your patience.

Ark Sys don't seem to have DLC transfer between games like Capcom.

So you can get all the characters now, for money, or get them waaaaay later with the Extend disc (also for money).

my patience vs anything is a 1-9 matchup :p

so is are ark sys not doing the same thing with extend that they did with cs2 and give it a a free patch for europe?(...eventually)

my patience vs anything is a 1-9 matchup :p

so is are ark sys not doing the same thing with extend that they did with cs2 and give it a a free patch for europe?(...eventually)

Extend is disc only

trying to use arakune hurts my face :confused:
    whats up with having so many teleports? he could be in mk :p
    aparently theres 3 types of clouds but all i can find is the one that makes a circle round him

taokaka and rachel look pretty fun also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

The cloud you make is random. Just to be annoying.

• Advertisement

Voa wrote: »

ah i see,that clears up that issue for me anyway.thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I pre-ordered the xbox version, it comes out here in like 2 weeks. Its not at full retail price here so i don't think it will be in US/EU too...hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

This
    taokaka and rachel look pretty fun also

yeah I kinda wouldn't bother if I were you. Both are quite difficult to play, unless you're willing to put a lot of time and effort into learning one of them it'll be had to even be decent with them. I played Rachel for awhile, even in CS1 when she was unplayably bad, and I still have a hard time doing any of her advanced combos. What makes it difficult is when you have to do a j.2D followed by quickly jump canceling then j.2C-ing. Maybe you would have better luck with it than me but I found that very hard to do. Not to mention using the wind properly is also difficult. If you wanted to learn Rachel though I could show you some stuff, but I'll warn you I'm not very good...still technically the best Rachel in Ireland but only because there is no competition. :pac:

yeah I kinda wouldn't bother if I were you. Both are quite difficult to play, unless you're willing to put a lot of time and effort into learning one of them it'll be had to even be decent with them. I played Rachel for awhile, even in CS1 when she was unplayably bad, and I still have a hard time doing any of her advanced combos. What makes it difficult is when you have to do a j.2D followed by quickly jump canceling then j.2C-ing. Maybe you would have better luck with it than me but I found that very hard to do. Not to mention using the wind properly is also difficult. If you wanted to learn Rachel though I could show you some stuff, but I'll warn you I'm not very good...still technically the best Rachel in Ireland but only because there is no competition. :pac:

thanks.:)
    grrr...why are the chars that intrest me are the weird ones to play.
    ok then besides ragna/hakumen/tager, whos the char i should try learn the game with rather than learn a char,just some with basic easy combos, i play mk member,my excution level aint the highest :o

did find it funny though that some of the distortiondrives have same input as the kano ball in mk:P

Try out Noel, her combos are pretty straight forward and she's simple enough to play.

ok then besides ragna/hakumen/tager, whos the char i should try learn the game with rather than learn a char

Even though you specifically excluded him, when I was teaching a friend of mine, I used Ragna v Ragna, as I think it encapsulates a lot of the gameplay mechanics pretty well.

Similarly, in SF4, I'd use Ryu v Ryu.

If you can't stand Ragna though? Maybe Jin?

Blazblue probably has the cast most drastically different from each other, so I don't know much about most of them.

thanks.:)
    grrr...why are the chars that intrest me are the weird ones to play.
    ok then besides ragna/hakumen/tager, whos the char i should try learn the game with rather than learn a char,just some with basic easy combos, i play mk member,my excution level aint the highest :o

did find it funny though that some of the distortiondrives have same input as the kano ball in mk:P

Yeah I feel the same way, when I first got BB I was like "Rachel is awesome! So is Taokaka!" 'plays them for 5 minutes' "**** this I'm going back to Tager"

I would suggest, like Fergus said, Noel. Her combos are very simple and she takes very little execution. Unless you wanna go for her more advanced combos...before chuey, naphiel, or xinkai say anything about that. I would have suggested Ragna because he is basically the Ryu of the game, like Prinny said. Jin I think takes quite a bit of execution, so maybe try Tsubaki? She has all the same basics as Ragna, good pokes, a DP, fairly simple combos. The only thing that is different is you would have to get used to using her Install gauge, not too difficult but an extra step. Anyways you could use her to learn the basics.

thanks for the advice guys :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

I would say learn ragna first and get the feel of the game. also one of the more easier char to learn and use. If you like him, stick with him, just cause he's easy doesn't mean his not viable.
    every char is. Or if you really hate exacution use tager and spin stick win game.

for you mileena play style i think would be jin. Since Mileena can be play offensively and defensively, which is the same with jin.

I would say learn ragna first and get the feel of the game. also one of the more easier char to learn and use. If you like him, stick with him, just cause he's easy doesn't mean his not viable.
    every char is. Or if you really hate exacution use tager and spin stick win game.

for you mileena play style i think would be jin. Since Mileena can be play offensively and defensively, which is the same with jin.

cool thanks man,
    thats interesting bout what ya say about jin,will have to check that out

just took noel into training mode to checkout her moves,am i insane or is she saying "hands off the panda" when shoots her guns

• Advertisement

cool thanks man,
    thats interesting bout what ya say about jin,will have to check that out

just took noel into training mode to checkout her moves,am i insane or is she saying "hands off the panda" when shoots her guns

She only says hands of the panda when fighting litchi, or she calls ragna an idiot when fighting him.

noel drive is interesting cause her drive goes into many chains depend on a,b,c you hit plus directions.

She only says hands of the panda when fighting litchi, or she calls ragna an idiot when fighting him.

noel drive is interesting cause her drive goes into many chains depend on a,b,c you hit plus directions.

yea i wondered about her drive,was like it just a combo starter,huh??

good call on jin though,instead of throwing air sai's i can throw air big ass frozen swords,i like :D
    any others with air projectiles?
    also who has the best recovery on projectiles?just guessing it seems like "the bitch with the all swords" as i call her,lamba i think the name

just took noel into training mode to checkout her moves,am i insane or is she saying "hooves off the panda" when shoots her guns

yeah like chuey said, she only says that when fighting Litchi. Also what he said about her drives chaining is true and it's her main component. Some of her D's have invincibility as well and you can use this to get in, since her pokes and her pressure kinda suck. 5D has the best invul period but is hard to time, 4D is a fatal counter and is a little easier it time, 2D (as anyone will tell you) is one of Noel's best moves. It has low invul and grab invul and crosses up crouching opponents. It is also a pretty good starter and on a standing opponent leads to her muzzle flitter (214A) which you can get upwards of 3K off of easily even mid-screen.
    "the bitch with the all swords"

yep that's lambda all right. She probably does have the best recovery as she is a zoning character. If you like playing zoning then I would for sure suggest Lambda over Jin as zoning with ice swords is not that easy, whereas a f*ckin baby could zone with lambda.

on the fatal counter thing,
    just wana make sure if have it right, if u use a certain move (with fatal counter properties) as counter hit it will fatal counter, but is the most this can give me?? a free combo or just free counter pressure?

yea i really like zoning chars,after lambda who also would be good zoners in bb?

Fatal counter leaves the opponent in a very long hitstun

Combos that were not possible can be possible with fatal counter

Noel's 5C > 3C (Sweep) is one I know with her.

just wana make sure if have it right, if u use a certain move (with fatal counter properties) as counter hit it will fatal counter, but is the most this can give me?? a free combo or just free counter pressure?

yea i really like zoning chars,after lambda who also would be good zoners in bb?

A fatal counter leads to a combo that is longer (usually) than a normal combo would allow because of longer hitstun, like Fergus said. Also the damage on a fatal counter is higher than on a regular counter. What Fergus said about Noel's 5C > 3C on fatal counter is actually not true, per se. You can 5C > 3C on counter hit 5C and the same goes 5B and 2C, it does not have to be done from fatal counter. Noel's fatal counters are 4D and j.4D, I don't actually know of any fatal counter specific combos for her, she does such high damage that I don't think it really matters. On the subject of Noel's 3C sweep, Fergus listen up in case you didn't know some of this, it can only be combo-ed into on counter hit (like I said before) or on a crouching opponent. Some of Noel's moves, like 6B (her overhead, her only other one is drive 6B, done during chain trigger) force crouch on hit so they can be combo into 3C regardless of whether the opponent was crouching to begin with. On a standing opponent without starting off of a drive move or counter hit, Noel gets very little damage, unless you're near the corner. In general crouching opponents lead to more damage as a counter hit on a crouching opponent leads to more hitstun.

As for zoners, Lambda I would say is the best, Mu is also really good. Although you'll have to unlock her by either paying a small amount of Microsoft funbucks, or Sony dollars, or by 100% the story mode of BB. It's not very difficult to do, but it is time consuming. Also Rachel is an excellent zoner, but we already talked about her.

Man I feel like the Noel mod, dammit why can't we have character specific mods? I would love to be the Noel mod.

When you get a counter, the oponent is in a longer hit stun for the next move. after the next move the hit stun is back to normal and you can do your bnb combo

but if you get a fatal counter each move adds like 2 frames extra hit stun (don't quote me on it, its roughly something like that) So you can do combos or extend combos you normally can not do also the combo will also do mroe dmg.

Oh it's normal CH for 5C > 3C?

Oops >.<

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Oh it's normal CH for 5C > 3C?

Oops >.<

Yeah, don't worry about it. This is why I'm the unofficial Noel mod :D.

Noel's fatal counter, since it is off of a drive move, is usually canceled into more chain trigger moves. For example, on jump-ins, I usually 4D (fatal counter or regular hit) and then chain into 5A or 5B since both are relatively safe on whiff and block. If I hit the person then I do d.5A>d.5B>d.5C>d.6C>MF (on standing opponents, but if they jump in then they should be standing). If they block then I attempt drive mixup. Usually something like d.5A>d.6B>d.6D or d.5A>d.6D>d.2D>d.6B or d.5A>d.6B>d.6B>d.6D and you can end any of these in either, Optic Barrel A (makes it safe on block) Bloom Trigger (pushes opponent away but not as safe, plus you lose pressure) or Assault Through which is unsafe but can catch people off guard (plus it can be combo-ed in the corner on CH). Oh yeah, something else you should know. Noel's d.6C can only be combo-ed into from d.5C, d.5A (must be canceled very quickly) or d.6D (although this means you won't be able to MF them, you'll have to end in OB then dash cancel into 6C and combo from there). One more thing, promise, if you hit the opponent too high with 4D but it fatal counters then you can d.6C and they'll fall into it and you can OB A them to continue the combo.

Seriously Fergus...you need to show up to some casuals so I can show you some Noel stuff. I need to make you my protege :cool:... so that way, when I leave next summer you can be the best Noel in Ireland.

• Advertisement

Yeah, don't worry about it. This is why I'm the unofficial Noel mod :D.

Noel's fatal counter, since it is off of a drive move, is usually canceled into more chain trigger moves. For example, on jump-ins, I usually 4D (fatal counter or regular hit) and then chain into 5A or 5B since both are relatively safe on whiff and block. If I hit the person then I do d.5A>d.5B>d.5C>d.6C>MF (on standing opponents, but if they jump in then they should be standing). If they block then I attempt drive mixup. Usually something like d.5A>d.6B>d.6D or d.5A>d.6D>d.2D>d.6B or d.5A>d.6B>d.6B>d.6D and you can end any of these in either, Optic Barrel A (makes it safe on block) Bloom Trigger (pushes opponent away but not as safe, plus you lose pressure) or Assault Through which is unsafe but can catch people off guard (plus it can be combo-ed in the corner on CH). Oh yeah, something else you should know. Noel's d.6C can only be combo-ed into from d.5C, d.5A (must be canceled very quickly) or d.6D (although this means you won't be able to MF them, you'll have to end in OB then dash cancel into 6C and combo from there). One more thing, promise, if you hit the opponent too high with 4D but it fatal counters then you can d.6C and they'll fall into it and you can OB A them to continue the combo.

Seriously Fergus...you need to show up to some casuals so I can show you some Noel stuff. I need to make you my protege :cool:... so that way, when I leave next summer you can be the best Noel in Ireland.

Won't be getting much casuals time because I'm doing my LC

But I admit that I don't really play BB too much, AE is my main game and I'll possibly play KoF competively too. But I won't forget about BB :D

But I'll make sure to turn up to some casuals in the summer before you go.

Advertisement