Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

All DLC characters, new character, redone combat (again), entirely new challenge mode, redone intro, music, some other little touches.

If it's 30 again, I'ma get it import (american) and local.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

Check it, Tager's challenges are a lot harder than you'd think they should be...still did 'em though :cool:

photo7ue.jpg

Can't do Noel's last challenge...yet...almost got it a few times...gimme a couple days

photo8at.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Challenges don't matter, it's who gets the most sidesteps with Relius that counts.

Naphiel wrote: »
    Challenges don't matter, it's who gets the most sidesteps with Relius that counts.

Oh man when we were playing I sidestepped you like 8 times, and half of them were actually on purpose. I can't believe you denied me my astral twice :mad:

Oh man when we were playing I sidestepped you like 8 times, and half of them were actually on purpose. I can't believe you denied me my astral twice :mad:

I don't think you managed to side step a single thing without being punished. I however sidestepped your 3C and punished you. :cool:

How can you not land an astral with Relius? It's actually easier to do than with Ragna. Throw, Astral. Backthrow, Astral. 5a, 3c, Astral.

• Advertisement

How can you not land an astral with Relius? It's actually easier to do than with Ragna. Throw, Astral. Backthrow, Astral. 5a, 3c, Astral.

yeah, I know the command and that's it...I don't know any astral combos with Relius

BTW...Can we start a new thread for BBCS:EX? Or are we just gonna stay in the CS thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

OP/Mod can just add Extend to the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

O___o

Onion i want to see that 10k combo from you :p

I love the fact that Tager has 7.5k combo that uses 150 meter and it's completely viable. Not to mention jab combos that lead to 2.6k and GF oki. Tager is so awesome now.

Noel on the other hand, ughhhh. I have to work much harder for any damage, and she builds meter so slowly. Before 22B built like 1 or 2 meter per shot, but now it's like 1 meter per every three shots. All of her combos require much higher execution and you almost never get oki. Doesn't matter though, I still got this. I did learn a combo where you RC wake up Fenrir in the corner, it does about 5.4k and builds like 45 meter. Although with how little meter Noel builds that chances that I'll have 100 meter at any point are much lower than they used to be. Still got this.

We still got this

• Advertisement

Every character I like to play got buffed.
    Feels good.

Tager gonna be so much worse for Noel now.

Bring it on >.>

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Tager gonna be so much worse for Noel now.

Bring it on >.>

I'm my own worst match up...

Another one bites the dust

photo9hr.jpg

Pro Relius right here, definitely making him a third character. He's just so much fun to play.

Relius's challenges don't seem too hard, I just can't go near past 10 on a pad. Are they that bad? I might keep him up as a third character. I was meant to play him as my rushdown/pressure style character but I'm really enjoying learning someone else instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Plumpynuter

I never played a BB game before but was thinking of picking it up. I seen BBCS in HMV today for 17.99. Is that the latest version and does it come with all characters? Also do you know if the ex part is going to be DLC or disc (or both)?

Thanks

I never played a BB game before but was thinking of picking it up. I seen BBCS in HMV today for 17.99. Is that the latest version and does it come with all characters? Also do you know if the ex part is going to be DLC or disc (or both)?

Thanks

BBCS is the disc release which can be patched to CS2 for free. That's the latest version out in Europe, but there's a newer version out in Japan right now and it'll be out over here and in America early next year. The new version is a disc release only.

I'd wait and get that.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Sorry to disagree with you there naphiel but i think you should pick up that copy of cs in hmv. if you get it now by the time extend is out you will know combos have some idea of match ups and have an overall feel of how to play it. And arksys are terrible with on time releases early next year might mean may! There are people already playing this game if you got it now and attended some casuals and DOC it would really help you catch up. if you wait for extend the gap will only get larger and hey its only twenty quid:pac:

and hay its only twenty quid:pac:

Gotta agree with Batman here, definitely pick up CS if you want to get into the game now.

Sorry to disagree with you there naphiel but i think you should pick up that copy of cs in hmv. if you get it now by the time extend is out you will know combos have some idea of match ups and have an overall feel of how to play it. And arksys are terrible with on time releases early next year might mean may! There are people already playing this game if you got it now and attended some casuals and DOC it would really help you catch up. if you wait for extend the gap will only get larger and hey its only twenty quid:pac:

Some characters combos have changed a lot since CS2, Litchi and Noel for example. You'll also only get a grasp on how to play the game and the match ups by playing against other people, since the AI can be atrocious (lambda constantly rushing down Tager etc), and considering we're all playing Extend at casuals it's frustrating not being able to practice at home and get better.

Disregard what I said in the other post. Buy it if you think €20 is worth getting a feel of the game. If you come to casuals, I'm sure nobody would mind going back to CS2 for a few games especially with it being played at DoC. Just note that a full price release could be coming out as early as February.

• Advertisement

a full price release could be coming out as early as February.

Haha...good one

We all know how Aksys' European release team works.

Haha...good one

We all know how Aksys' European release team works.

I'm guessing sometime around July at the earliest, but I know if I say anything they'll be on time for once to spite me. :pac:

I'm guessing sometime around July at the earliest, but I know if I say anything they'll be on time for once to spite me. :pac:

Then start saying lots of things. I would rather have it out on time, and you be spited than have to wait forever. Although I own the game, so I don't know why I care.

Then start saying lots of things. I would rather have it out on time, and you be spited than have to wait forever. Although I own the game, so I don't know why I care.

Easy mode meter gain for Tager at tournaments.
    It's the only reason you care.

Easy mode meter gain for Tager at tournaments.
    It's the only reason you care.

Not really, it's not as easy as you might think. Granted it's not really hard, but I at least have to do some work for meter not like f****** Ragna. Plus I play Noel much more than I play Tager now. Not that I don't play Tager, I just like playing Noel more.

Oh yeah and this is coming from the guy who plays Haku-men. Mister lemme just sit here and build meter and then do like 5k using like 4-5 magatama but build back like 3 during the combo. More like Hack-men.

Not really, it's not as easy as you might think. Granted it's not really hard, but I at least have to do some work for meter not like f****** Ragna. Plus I play Noel much more than I play Tager now. Not that I don't play Tager, I just like playing Noel more.

Oh yeah and this is coming from the guy who plays Haku-men. Mister lemme just sit here and build meter and then do like 5k using like 4-5 magatama but build back like 3 during the combo. More like Hack-men.

I can do the Tager meter building combos, they are easy. Easy by Tager standards anyway, still more work than most characters have to put in but you can't complain since you actually have that option now.

Although that's true, I have to use meter for everything. Even pressure now since it turns out 6A is absolutely useless in pressure now.
    Oh well, j.b is OP.

Although that's true, I have to use meter for everything. Even pressure now since it turns out 6A is absolutely useless in pressure now.
    Oh well, j.b is OP.

Well that does suck, but Haku-men doesn't generally need to pressure. Not saying he never does, but it's not really his game to pressure people. Anyways we should stop hating on each other's characters and start hating on Ragna, he's so OP. God I hate Ragna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Doesnt valk build 49 meter off any hit confirm? i havent played others so doesnt every build meter just as fast if they get their hit confirms or did they change some meter building things around in extend?

Well that does suck, but Haku-men doesn't generally need to pressure. Not saying he never does, but it's not really his game to pressure people. Anyways we should stop hating on each other's characters and start hating on Ragna, he's so OP. God I hate Ragna.

Valk too, they're so OP.
    SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Doesnt valk build 49 meter off any hit confirm? i havent played others so doesnt every build meter just as fast if they get their hit confirms or did they change some meter building things around in extend?

Most grapplers don't build half of their meter off any hit.
    This hit confirm is also his 5A.

• Advertisement

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    doesnt every build meter just as fast if they get their hit confirms

No, no definitely not. Noel and Makoto are lucky if they pass 30 meter on one combo, and that would be off a really good hit confirm. Like an overhead for Makoto in the corner, or a 3C for Noel in the corner. Really the only characters that I've noticed with ridiculous meter building are Ragna, Valk, Tager, and to some extent Haku-men. Ragna, Valk, and Tager can all build that meter off of 5A, but it's hardest for Tager since his 5A is significantly slower than every one else's. Freakin' Jesus kick beats Tager's 5A in most cases, unless Tager has a huge frame advantage, like off of GF or B Sledge.

Advertisement