Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Okay...so I sat down to, you know, mess around with tager a tiny bit, nothing too gigantic.

I played about 10 matches, then cleared arcade mode, the started story mode. Also, totally landed my first astral in my first match cleanly.
    They call me MISTER Tiddles.

And if you're up for it joe, something like tuesday, I bring my stick and BB over and we marathon some characters up. Though I can't seem to select Mu...She just ain't there.

Also, after messing with Hazama, I dunno...I LIKE his design and his zoning ideas...but I think I'm gonna have to learn how to use him properly, not my normal Tager/Haku big hit shenanigans.*

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Unlock Mu-12

Achieve every character's Clear ending in Story Mode, and complete the True Ending. This also unlocks her stage, and theme song for use in various game modes.

I *THINK* Aksys are hinting that they want me to buy her cos I'm lazy...

And ya gotta buy Makoto anyway...

Nope, getting Fan's Edition in October :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Finally got a taste of this in the arcade there yesterday, have to say I'm sorely disappointed.

I'm sure it's still a good game overall, but it's not exactly the finely polished refinement I was expecting. At least half the changes from CT make absolutely no bloody sense, like they just jumbled inputs and properties around and screwed with the timing for the sheer hell of it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Everyones a critic... :rolleyes:

First online match.
    Astral from Spark Bolt.

Motherlovers watchout, 'cause HERE COMES DAT SHOWBOATING.

Also, 3C to 2B-2C-Collider to combo?
    Oh tager, you're so Top Tier =3

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

So I sat down today and started playing CT. From going through the characters so far, Noel is working nicely for me, though I'd imagine someone here will destroy my dreams of thinking that she's an alright character.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Xinkai wrote: »
    Everyones a critic... :rolleyes:

Such incredibly valuable insight there.
    Noel is working nicely for me, though I'd imagine someone here will destroy my dreams of thinking that she's an alright character.

She's pretty bad in CT and from what I've read and played so far she's not gotten much (if any) better, as many nerfs as buffs.

Hey, I'll still be playing her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Monkeyto wrote: »
    So I sat down today and started playing CT. From going through the characters so far, Noel is working nicely for me, though I'd imagine someone here will destroy my dreams of thinking that she's an alright character.

She's weaker in CS, but still has pretty much all her tricks from CT. Playing Noel is like jumping in at the deep end she's an advanced character. Most CT players start with Ragna or Jin because of Ice Ca.... i mean their easy & damaging combos. PLUS Ragna has an unnecessary amount of HP in CS. But Noel is great fun to play as, so i wish you the best of luck in learning her =]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Valkenhayn confirmed as DLC for CS.

ViSqS8MRaDh8cAQqzEPN1ceX56Bl4y8l.jpg

Not like it was much in doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

*eagerly awaits his copy*

I don't know much but at least Hakumen can at least zone properly, or much better now. Don't need to rely on j.C (now j.2C in CS), and afaik 6C got a hitbox nerf. Hakumen gains sick poke, 4C, in CS. Really great move. New aerial move, j.C, great combo extender after BnB j.A (was J.2C in CT), and also a great air to air and general pressure move

Apart from those new normals/other normal and special command changes, he is the same, afaik

Oh and Hotaru is now the best AA in the game hands down

So...anyone else up for some CS games tomorrow?

Joe's got my copy, so I'm training my Abel game.

Wednesday in XGC?

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I'd be up for it on wednesday!

I'll definitely be there Wednesday.

Also, just cleared Ragna's Joke arc. Oh god, I nearly split my sides giggling at Captain ghost Ragna with valley girl - pirate Nu.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Joe's got my copy, so I'm training my Abel game.

Wednesday in XGC?

i got my own copy now i'll giver yours back, also i got makoto so much to learn. but she's awesome

Makoto HOW??

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Makoto HOW??

just get an american psn, and happy days:D

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

chueytoo wrote: »
    just get an american psn, and happy days:D

Huh? I use a PSN with address set to US to view the US PSN store - but I can't use a credit card to buy anything because the address on the card is then in the wrong country for what the account expects. So I'm guessing to buy anything you've got to first go buy US dollar credit for PSN also?

• Advertisement

raze wrote: »
    Huh? I use a PSN with address set to US to view the US PSN store - but I can't use a credit card to buy anything because the address on the card is then in the wrong country for what the account expects. So I'm guessing to buy anything you've got to first go buy US dollar credit for PSN also?

well i just used a credit card, and bought a us psn card in america, and ask them to email me the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Really wanted to try this out on Wednesday. If I recall correctly, Jin got 2C - 6C to combo, which means :D for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I just got 100% the gallery in the PSP version last night, feel like I've got a pretty good handle of the plot now (not necessarily the game mechanics).

I probably relied on the "easy input nub" too much, but doing FG inputs on the PSP d-pad is pretty difficult.

Now that I've seen it I don't think the plot's presentation was anything like Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles; but it was still decent in it's own way.

The guy raging in the Tekken topic would probably kill for the "True End" function because it picks the one reality that was true in THIS game (not the sequel), out of all the other alternate ones.

Looking forward to seeing how it all turns out in CS.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

LOL I just got a phone call. Clearly it was one of those unlocked phone pocket calls.

In the background, I could hear buttons clacking and a discussion about where Ragna is placed in the tier lists.

I assume it's one of you lads. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Twas not I, I do not have your number.

Forgot to mention in my previous post, major props to BB for it's music.

Fantastic stuff.

I also really like how there are a bunch of themes specific to what characters end up in the match.

Ragna V Jin

Ragna V Rachel

Jin V Noel

Are three of my favourites.

And of course, I shouldn't forget the Ultimate theme.

Love the comments on any video with this song. :D

"This song made me pregnant."
    "My cock grew a beard after listening to this."
    "I listened to this song, then went outside in a blizzard and dodged snowflakes"

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Ugh @ unlimited Hazama carry on:

- passively steals your HP if you're within his bubble
    - regenerates heat doing nothing
    - i.frames on a short range DD
    - long range DD hits on ground before wake up

Shenanigans!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

LOL I just got a phone call. Clearly it was one of those unlocked phone pocket calls.

In the background, I could hear buttons clacking and a discussion about where Ragna is placed in the tier lists.

I assume it's one of you lads. :D
    Ooooooohsnap. Sorry about that, I think my phone didn't lock properly after I pocketed it after a training session with Joe.*

Voa wrote: »
    Ooooooohsnap. Sorry about that, I think my phone didn't lock properly after I pocketed it after a training session with Joe.*

smooth voa real smooth :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i wanna get into BB and be the best
    some one show me a video or videos that will grab my attention

Advertisement