Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Hakumen doesn't really build that much meter. The best you get with him is building a decent amount of it back if you use is low star usage combos in the corner, which are off good starters or a gamble.

Ragna is so strong now but I don't really think it's his meter gain that's the problem. Most of his mix ups are unsafe on block, so it's fair that he builds a decent amount of meter for rapid cancels. 22c after everything on the other hand....

Haven't a clue about Valk but he's look very strong in this version.

Overall I really like Extend. It seems really balanced, everyone seems viable and the two top tier characters don't seem as ahead of the rest as Bang and Litchi in CS and Makoto and Noel in CS2 (though I know Hazama was considered 2nd best in regards of match ups). Every character seems to have their own strength, they aren't just viable.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

Naphiel wrote: »
    Ragna is so strong now but I don't really think it's his meter gain that's the problem. Most of his mix ups are unsafe on block

Wat? All of his mix up is safe on block, oh well I guess except Gauntlet Hades. Not to mention he has really good pressure.

Wat? All of his mix up is safe on block, oh well I guess except Gauntlet Hades. Not to mention he has really good pressure.

I'm pretty sure all of Ragna's moves except for maybe his 5a, 2a and the first hit of Hells Fang are all negative on normal block. His regular overhead can be blocked on reaction and so can Gauntlet Hades.

Like the CS2 Ragna tutorial video said. Subpar mix ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

I'm pretty sure all of Ragna's moves except for maybe his 5a, 2a and the first hit of Hells Fang are all negative on normal block. His regular overhead can be blocked on reaction and so can Gauntlet Hades.

Like the CS2 Ragna tutorial video said. Subpar mix ups.

true subpar mix ups, but has one of the best pokes in the game, to a easy hit confirm. also hells fang still builds meter like a boss. due to the buff in 5B for ragna he's rapid cancel combos make makes he's corner carry and midscreen dmg deadly, also the mention of a godly anti air on counter leads to 5b etc etc also he's jumping c has a bigger hit box. Over head does not push back as far, (also not sure faster my 1-2 frames) could be wrong about that.

best thing to do, is rush ragna down due to he's **** low health, but beware of dp thats all which can go to 2.8k and 30+ meter i think. near corner.

the problem is, he is good not that op in terms of a char. But he is op for how little effort and easy he is to use to be honest.

other then that, game does seem rather balance, probably the same as cs2, i wouldn't say better to be honest. I'm see more ragna now then i am seeing mak and noel put together.

I'm not trying to argue that he's a bad character by any means, I just don't personally think he's up there with CS2 Makoto or CS1 Bang or Litchi. Also all of the other characters seem much better in this version, so he doesn't seem as hard to fight against.

• Advertisement

Godgardens BB extend players

Eastern Japan

1. Konan (Tsubaki)
    2. R-1 (Noel)
    3. Goro (Makoto)
    4. Souji (Arakune)
    5. Suzume (Hakumen)
    6. Hima (Valkenhayn)
    7. Yoshiki (Lambda)
    8. Buppa (Hazama)
    9. Kaqn (Ragna)
    10. Mitsurugi (Hazama)

Western Japan
    1. Chou (Litchi)
    2. Shounen (Litchi)
    3. Nezu (Bang)
    4. Eesuke (Carl)
    5. Eki-chan (Arakune)
    6. Tsujikawa (Taokaka)
    7. Izayoi Matoi (Taokaka)
    8. Mame (Valkenhayn)
    9. Mikami (Relius)
    10. Ikegami (Bang)

The following are players that have the potential to still be voted into the tournament:

Dora (Bang)
    H.H (Mu-12)
    Kuresu (Tsubaki)
    Judau (Bang)
    Fuirumu (Hakumen)
    Ren (Jin)
    Noze (Hazama)
    Nemo (Valkenhayn)
    Masakonga (Noel)
    Minami (Bang)
    Poppo (Litchi)
    UDON (Hazama)
    Buppa (Ragna)
    Fumo (Arakune)
    Satoshi (Ragna)
    Jager (Rachel)
    Shirushi (Jin)
    Kurenai nari (Noel)
    BLACK (Litchi)
    Kakyuu (Hakumen)

Glad to see tsujikawa going back to toa, since he did win sbo 2010.
    Godsgarden BB get hype. I hope Dora gets voted in and Buppa as well only if he use (jin or haz)

Also wtf, no akira or tager?????

then again rule set for Godgarden is everyone must play everyone. first to 10. So alex you get to se r-1 in loads of matchs and I get to see goro

chueytoo wrote: »
    Godgardens BB extend players

Eastern Japan

1. R-1 (Noel)
    2. R-1 (Noel)
    3. Goro (Makoto)
    4. R-1 (Noel)
    5. R-1 (Noel)
    6. R-1 (Noel)
    7. R-1 (Noel)
    8. Buppa (Hazama)
    9. Kaqn (Ragna)
    10. R-1 (Noel)

fix'd

R-1's got this.

Also, yeah...where the hell is Akira?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 icat

When bbcse is on sale in europe?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

icat wrote: »
    When bbcse is on sale in europe?:(

About a week before BLAZBLUECONTINUUMSHIFTEXTENDXXXRELOADED is announced I'd say.

What the latest japanese tier list say:

S: Ragna, Valkenhayn, Hakumen
    A: Hazama, Taokaka, Bang, Carl, Arakune
    B+: Relius, Mu, Platinum, Lambda
    B: Noel, Rachel, Litchi, Jin, Tager
    C: Tsubaki, Makoto

What the jbbs Players say: about makoto

She have no good match ups, only decent at her best match ups with Tsubaki, Litchi, Noel, Jin. And have a real disadvantage with a big bunch of characters: Mu, Lambda, Ragna, Valkenhayn, Carl, Tager, Hazama, Hakumen, Taokaka. the rest counts as a bad match up for her but nothing to be scared from. Makoto is not hopeless, but she is just outclassed.

Why Ragna is bad for her?
    Simply, he is just a better version of Makoto.

Why Platnium isn't good for Makoto?
    The buff of Platinum's j.C and 5B was just what Platinum needed to beat Makoto.

What about Relius?
    He looks kinda bad for Makoto, but with 5A fuzzy and Relius specific Combos it will be hopefully a fair match up.

• Advertisement

I'm really surprised to see Rachel that far down the tier list. And to think you and Alex were telling me off for saying Noel wasn't the bad in Extend. :D

I can really see why the Hakumen match up would be bad for Makoto now, especially since I know the Extend combos now. I wouldn't say Mu is one of her worst match ups though.

Also, I really think the tier list means even less than previous versions in Extend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I wouldn't say Mu is one of her worst match ups though.
    Just for you, I'll get Joe to teach me overhead xx super :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

sadx i forgot you existed. Im sure its just coincidence that when youre broken as hell character got nerfed you disappeared and now that hes top again youre back:P

sadx i forgot you existed. Im sure its just coincidence that when youre broken as hell character got nerfed you disappeared and now that hes top again youre back:P
    Lol. WELL. You dont see me because getting from belfast to down south is time consuming and expensive.

NEXT
    I got nerfed. yes i did. was still top tier apparently (hima was top tier)
    I got nerfed again. But i'm(hima) still top tier. LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    I got nerfed. yes i did. was still top tier apparently (hima was top tier)
    I got nerfed again. But i'm(hima) still top tier. LOL.

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

What?
    I think he's claiming that his character is only top tier because one particular Japanese player is good with him. This, of course, doesn't apply to any character except for this game's top tier that he picks. This was also likely the case for CS2, CS1 and CT.

nevermind. joke on deaf ears. forget it.

yeah im only back because im top tier end of. =/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

About a week after BLAZBLUECONTINUUMSHIFTEXTENDXXXRELOADED is announced I'd say.

Fyp

part 5 first to 10

battle of the op tier, i wonder who will win :p

• Advertisement

chueytoo wrote: »

battle of the op tier, i wonder who will win :p

I'm not even going to watch the video because I can tell you right now who's going to win...

Makoto, because she's so broken. :pac:

Seriously though, it's Ragna...of course it's Ragna...how could it not be Ragna.

I'm not even going to watch the video because I can tell you right now who's going to win...

Makoto, because she's so broken. :pac:

Seriously though, it's Ragna...of course it's Ragna...how could it not be Ragna.

Chin wins, but the video showed me just how OP Ragna is now.

Chin wins

All right, I admit I didn't see that coming.

What really surprises me is how early they both burst.
    They'll get hit once in the first round and burst straight away.

What really surprises me is how early they both burst.
    They'll get hit once in the first round and burst straight away.

It is Hakumen and Ragna. It's sort of understandable, especially at such a high level of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The only thing I can say about watching high-level BB matches instead of GG:
    In GG, you see the attacker bait a green burst MUCH more frequently (from what I've seen); in fact, I'd wager to say that I can't remember seeing a single baited green burst in BB, ever.
    Why is that? o_O

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    The only thing I can say about watching high-level BB matches instead of GG:
    In GG, you see the attacker bait a green burst MUCH more frequently (from what I've seen); in fact, I'd wager to say that I can't remember seeing a single baited green burst in BB, ever.
    Why is that? o_O

Uhhhh, it happens all the time. I see it practically every match I watch. In fact even I've done it many times, so has Chuey, Voa, Xinkai, Naphiel. Maybe they did burst bait more in GG, but I see it all the time in BB. I even see people bait Counter Assault, which is much harder.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Pretty sure I saw you and Voa doing it last week, actually.

Pretty sure I saw you and Voa doing it last week, actually.

Yup, Tager is the easiest character to bait bursts with...well besides Carl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭aeonfusion

Been playing a lot of CS2 lately, still suck but i'm having fun :) So if anyone wants to have a punching bag on PSN ;)

Advertisement