Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

Naphiel wrote: »
    CS1 Hakumen got more off a 4C than he can in Extend. CS1 Hakumen was bollocks because *starter* Kishuu J.2c 2c J.2a AD J.2a J.5c did like 3.8k in CS1. I think it does 2.5k now and that's all you can really do off a 4c.

Yeah 4C, not the rest of everything else...in general Haku-men is better now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Yeah 4C, not the rest of everything else...in general Haku-men is better now

Depends on the match up really. He did a lot more damage off of pokes in CS1, which is really going to benefit him against Tager. Being able to do great damage off of 5c isn't going to do much for Hakumen against him since it's unsafe on block. Meter should be around the same, since his meter gain was nerfed after CS1 but the cooldown was buffed after CS2.

Tager also can do more against him now that he has real worthwhile combos. Actually being able to do something off his 5a is great for gadget finger oki since only blocking or a random counter will beat it (a TK hotaru might, but I reckon Hakumen would be hit out of it first).

I'd say the match up is better for Tager now than it was back then but for the most part Hakumen is better now.

Depends on the match up really. He did a lot more damage off of pokes in CS1, which is really going to benefit him against Tager. Being able to do great damage off of 5c isn't going to do much for Hakumen against him since it's unsafe on block. Meter should be around the same, since his meter gain was nerfed after CS1 but the cooldown was buffed after CS2.

Tager also can do more against him now that he has real worthwhile combos. Actually being able to do something off his 5a is great for gadget finger oki since only blocking or a random counter will beat it (a TK hotaru might, but I reckon Hakumen would be hit out of it first).

I'd say the match up is better for Tager now than it was back then but for the most part Hakumen is better now.

5C is unsafe on block, yes. But, that doesn't really matter against Tager since he'll be to far away to punish, unless you're really close, in which case you shouldn't be using 5C. Yes, Tager's 5A is better now, but really how often is that useful against Haku-men? After GF oki, but almost never any other time, also hotaru does beat it, you've done it to me before and it beats me jabbing cleanly.

I suppose technically the match-up is better now, but still for sure in Haku-men's favor. But, Haku-men can turtle it out while Tager is forced to try and do something. Basically it's just an annoying match all around.

I've always admitted it's in his favour, just not as bad as you and Joe make it out to be. It's 5.5-4.5, or 6-4 at most and that's pushing it. The match is basically Hakumen trying to poke out Tager for a life lead and keep him out. When Tager get's Spark Bolt he has his chance when Hakumen is magnetised. Whichever character gets the life lead first just has to sit back and hold on to it.

It's not a match for either person.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

I've always admitted it's in his favour, just not as bad as you and Joe make it out to be. It's 5.5-4.5, or 6-4 at most and that's pushing it. The match is basically Hakumen trying to poke out Tager for a life lead and keep him out. When Tager get's Spark Bolt he has his chance when Hakumen is magnetised. Whichever character gets the life lead first just has to sit back and hold on to it.

It's not a match for either person.

Its defo 6-4 i say to be honest. But on the other note, akira vs the ragna. Nerf Akira god damn it

• Advertisement

chueytoo wrote: »
    Its defo 6-4 i say to be honest. But on the other note, akira vs the ragna. Nerf Akira god damn it

Akira is SSS tier...what a badass :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭The Hound

Just watched all of the Ryuusei vs. Akira matches on Jourdal's channel...

Damn, Akira makes it look like the Carl/Tager match-up is in Tager's favor. He's so good it's unbelievable. The only person I like watching more than him is R-1.

Also, get hype for BB at Godsgarden this Saturday...Whooooo! :D

(can't wait to watch the R-1 vs. Goro match)

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Just watched all of the Ryuusei vs. Akira matches on Jourdal's channel...

Damn, Akira makes it look like the Carl/Tager match-up is in Tager's favor. He's so good it's unbelievable. The only person I like watching more than him is R-1.

Also, get hype for BB at Godsgarden this Saturday...Whooooo! :D

(can't wait to watch the R-1 vs. Goro match)

yeah saw that too, surprise about the outcome to be honest. just to say fck tiers like. But then again akira is like sss tier, they really need to nerf him.

Goro will win, if not nerf noel :p or buff mak :p lol

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Is it just me or does CS: Extend feel broken? It seems some characters like Jin got raped for no reason, and that the game just likes to glitch out or do stupid **** during matches.

So far I've had cases of people walking through bursts, gold bursting mid-combo, My DP losing to Makoto's jab and her being invincible, Jesus Kicking someone behind me (Though that could just be Jesus Kick..)

• Advertisement

Linoud wrote: »
    Is it just me or does CS: Extend feel broken? It seems some characters like Jin got raped for no reason, and that the game just likes to glitch out or do stupid **** during matches.

So far I've had cases of people walking through bursts, gold bursting mid-combo, My DP losing to Makoto's jab and her being invincible, Jesus Kicking someone behind me (Though that could just be Jesus Kick..)

Jin is still solid, you just see a lot less of him since a lot of Jin players went to Ragna because he's easier to play and does more damage. The game overall is easily the most balanced BB game yet.

Can't really talk about CT and CS much since I didn't play them nearly as much as CS2 or EX but CS2 had plenty of weird things happen as well.

Current JP BBS Assessment List: 1/23/12
    S Rank: Ragna, Valkenhayn, Hakumen
    A Rank: Arakune, Hazama, Tager, Taokaka, Bang, Carl
    B Rank: Relius, Mu, Noel, Platinum, Lambda >> Rachel, Litchi, Jin
    C Rank: Tsubaki, Makoto

Nothing surprising here except that Tager is still really high.
    Personally I'd have Noel down with Rachel and Jin though.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Jin is not still solid. Im going to build a headstone for 6c because its dead. Dps dont hit crouchers his midscreen combos are laughable, ice arrow super got nerfed, overhead is still poo. CS1 jin was the best jin build they have had so far he got popular in cs2 because japanese players figured out he was easier to use compared to the newly nerfed ragna. I only played ex once but the changes on dustloop were enough for me to know that im gonna have to work twice as hard with jin then i ever have:mad:

Jin is not still solid. Im going to build a headstone for 6c because its dead. Dps dont hit crouchers his midscreen combos are laughable, ice arrow super got nerfed, overhead is still poo. CS1 jin was the best jin build they have had so far he got popular in cs2 because japanese players figured out he was easier to use compared to the newly nerfed ragna. I only played ex once but the changes on dustloop were enough for me to know that im gonna have to work twice as hard with jin then i ever have:mad:

What's wrong with his mid-screen combos? 3K off of 5b is extremely solid considering they don't even have to be crouching. 6C still has it's uses in the corner.

He's not as good as he was in CS2 but he's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Sigh.... Plat and Lambda back to where they were in CS2....

So much for the tier wave :(

BUFFS FOR BB3!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BlazBlue-Continuum-Shift-Extend-Limited/dp/B006ZN5ZQU

Am i seeing **** or is this getting released EU a week after American release rather than a few months?

I need a source! halp! my wallet is moving on its own

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

It's probably a typo and they meant 2013 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

OWbsWl.jpg
    I gotta say, that is probably the most distinctive, cool box art I've seen in years. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

After the rubbish art work on EU CS, that's actually very cool.

Voa wrote: »
    After the rubbish art work on EU CS, that's actually very cool.

Rubbish? It was beautiful! Never mind that Ragna looks like a rapist, and that Tsubaki looks very manly. Also don't let it bother you that Tager just looks...weird. At least Taokaka looks kinda okay, I mean compared to the rest.

vPjPR.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I quite liked CS's box, but Extend's really is great. Definitely one of the most striking boxes I've seen in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Plain black background with CS logo was the best boxart.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/395173_445671494976_126073299976_1608228_2136063525_n.jpg

I prefer the look of the black artbox, but I do like the Ignis one too! :]

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Plain black background with CS logo was the best boxart.
    I'd feel pretentious about even picking up the box if I saw that box in a shop, TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Haha, awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Will HMV be selling this on the cheap again? i.e. 18 quid like last time? I'd buy it for that but any more seems a bit much for a couple of new characters and a rebalance to be fair. This should just be a download like SSFIV Arcade edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/OWbsWl.jpg
    I gotta say, that is probably the most distinctive, cool box art I've seen in years. :cool:

thats the worst box art, ive seen.....ever.
    Fact kiki likes it, is more so fact on how horrid it is :pac:

should have had the character show some detail, kinda like the way bosslogic did dark sf characters

Placebo wrote: »
    thats the worst box art, ive seen.....ever

That seems like that might be a bit of an exaggeration :rolleyes:, but everyone has their own opinions. I actually really like the minimalist design. I think it looks cool, plus Ignis is a badass.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/09/the-art-of-blazblue-part-2-animation-phase/

Really interesting look at the development of BB's art.

First they draw a 2D keyframe for the animation, then make a 3D model of the character and use that to cast shadows and whatnot, then turn it into a 2D pixelised sprite. Crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Im hype/afraid that the release might be on time for once:pac:.
    Was anybody else surprised at how great carl done at gods garden?? that air grab with the distortion below set up was class:)

Advertisement