Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Was anybody else surprised at how great carl done at gods garden??

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭SirAuronDX

Im hype/afraid that the release might be on time for once:pac:.
    Was anybody else surprised at how great carl done at gods garden?? that air grab with the distortion below set up was class:)

>japan
    >carl

Nah

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Im hype/afraid that the release might be on time for once:pac:.
    Was anybody else surprised at how great carl done at gods garden?? that air grab with the distortion below set up was class:)

Nope, carl is amazing. Esp when a japanese use him.
    I would have been surprise if carl didn't make it that far.

HMV aren't, but Zavvi are selling it for €24.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Naphiel wrote: »

If this is going cheap enough somewhere on Xbox, I'll probably still pick it up even though I have no interest in high-level Blazblue.

I'm a sucker for the next chapter of the story and the cool modes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

On Zavvi it's £20 on both systems.

i can't stop enjoying playing as relius.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Sou Desu Ne?

I'll make an attempt to learn someone other than Ragna soon, I promise. ;P

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭powerofscience

Linoud wrote: »
    I'll make an attempt to learn someone other than Ragna soon, I promise. ;P

lies

Plus we all know that Noel is the best character anyways. :D

lies

Plus we all know that Taokaka is the best character anyways. :D

FYP.

• Advertisement

FYP.

Alright, I'm not gonna deny that.

Relius is quite hard to get in with. Though if you start your pressure with him its nasty. but it looks like unless you've got a set approach you can jump in for a starter. Hes still fun and im hoping to use him more though im gonna get wrecked fighting against him.

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    Relius is quite hard to get in with. Though if you start your pressure with him its nasty

Relius does have pretty good pressure, but nothing compared to Carl. If you try to use Ignis like you would use Nirvana then you will kill her quickly, her meter burns much much quicker than Nirvana's does. But it is also much faster than Carl's block string, though I think it's actually easier to defend against (not that I have that much Carl, or Relius experience).

Also if you do manage to start a combo with Relius during pressure, then you most likely have no Ignis meter and will have to sacrifice damage to let her recharge, which granted takes no time and it still leaves your opponent in the corner (probably). But, the fear of getting hit by Relius is much lower than getting hit by Carl, because of his crazy reset potential, not to mention really good average damage.

Good news is, it's super easy to combo into astral with Relius though.

Relius does have pretty good pressure, but nothing compared to Carl. If you try to use Ignis like you would use Nirvana then you will kill her quickly, her meter burns much much quicker than Nirvana's does. But it is also much faster than Carl's block string, though I think it's actually easier to defend against (not that I have that much Carl, or Relius experience).

Also if you do manage to start a combo with Relius during pressure, then you most likely have no Ignis meter and will have to sacrifice damage to let her recharge, which granted takes no time and it still leaves your opponent in the corner (probably). But, the fear of getting hit by Relius is much lower than getting hit by Carl, because of his crazy reset potential, not to mention really good average damage.

Good news is, it's super easy to combo into astral with Relius though.
    Yeah its easier to defend against the ignis pressure as there are many high low options that come out fast enough unless its a 236D or 214D but they're quite slow on startup. Though everything you're talking about is right. you need to sacrifice damage if you havent got alot of ignis meter (alot of rapid cancel combos have the player canceling ignis first to get more meter back during the combo)

relius does have the same reset material against certian players with 2D having super armour, two unblockables and 4D being Air unblockable. He just lacks as i say the mixup potential as 6A is so painfully obvious that the animation for it is so massive. im not afraid to burn the meter though. if he gets a throw in the corner with a full bar of meter he can make 55heat and do around 5k damage and the last hit can be used for a distortion or 3C into ignis cancel.

Yes....the astral is invicible including ignis super armour and combos off sweep and throw easy. need to get used to his mid screen game and finding out what is safe to 236A as against certian things like tagers 2D its wonderful but badly timed can lead to pain unless you have ignis follow up the led lay with a 6 or 2D

SirAuronDX wrote: »
    relius does have the same reset material against certian players with 2D having super armour, two unblockables and 4D being Air unblockable.

2D and 4D are pretty decent, but still pale in comparison to Carl's equivalent. Relius' 2D comes out pretty slow and you only need to block two hits, as opposed to Carl's which is like 6 or 7 hits. So hitting an unblockable is more viable with Carl than Relius. Also Relius' 4D is kind of a crap anti-air, it's way too slow to beat anything and it doesn't have the giant hitbox that Brio has. Granted it can still lead to good damage in the corner, but everything Relius does, Carl can do better. And yes, his 6A is hilariously easy to see coming.

I'm not sure why I feel the need to shoot down Relius so much. He's actually probably the most average character in the game. He's so solidly mid-tier, no major weaknesses, but also nothing that makes him too good.

Oh, but he does have a damn good CA.

Further to Naphiel's point

BBCSEX Regular edition: £23 (including delivery)

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/blazblue-extend/10584829.html

BBCSEX Limited edition (with prints, artbook and soundtrack CD): £21 (including delivery)

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xbox-360/blazblue-extend-limited-edition/10584832.html

I ordered the special edition just now. I figured the artbook and CD are worth spending the extra two negative pounds....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

**** Zavvi yo.

Have had nothing but headaches dealing with them.

Voa wrote: »
    **** Zavvi yo.

Have had nothing but headaches dealing with them.

*shrugs*

I have had nothing but cheap games delivered in a timely fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

*shrugs*

I have had nothing but cheap games delivered in a timely fashion.

Took me 5 months to get an SSF4AE disk off them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

So is Noel still ass?

• Advertisement

Fergus_ wrote: »
    So is Noel still ass?

Her damage is still really good, she's just a lot harder to use this time around.

Fergus_ wrote: »
    So is Noel still ass?

Well sort of, but I wouldn't say she's that bad. Probably low-mid tier, it really depends on how good you are. She's not balls easy like she was before. You can still dish out a ****load of damage, it just takes a lot more work.

Made it to Grand Finals at CXC undefeated (bar Joe in pools) with Noel, so she's definitely viable.

(I'm preemptively telling everyone to shut up about me being 720ed to death by VoA. I know... I know...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

(I'm preemptively telling everyone to shut up about me being 720ed to death by VoA. I know... I know...)

That was the funniest grand finales I've ever witnessed

Best part was when you counter picked yourself:/

Why alex...why?
    I believed in you, then you got 720ed into oblivion, didn't you learn anything from NomCon???

excuse me while I kill go myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

excuse me while I kill go myself
    Voa wrote: »

It just gets better and better

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Dear god. I'm dying laughing at that last part.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

YEAH..... SPIN.... YEAH.... WIN

ughhhhhhh................

please... kill me

• Advertisement

Wonder what other BB players around the world are thinking about Ireland

Both participants lost in the grand finales in the eyes of the Japanese while Ireland remains forever frightened of Voa spinning his stick

God damn it

Advertisement