Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭LIFETRAP

chueytoo wrote: »
    But you know it feels good getting a 720 on a opponent:D

Yeah, that's still awesome. I just don't like his combos that much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

Nooooooooooooooooo HYPE dog should not be dub. Hype dog is ment to be just HYPED.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Out of curiosity, whats the most recent tier list?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Picking this up for PC after work (got released :eek:)

Also, on a plus plus plus note, it's got cross platform play :D

Edit: FAIL! It's Calamity Trigger ¬¬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

This is a slight oldbie, but it's the Arcadia tier list from about 5 months ago.
    Me and Joe reckon that Makoto will probably nestle in the B+ tier, above Jin but below Haza; her range options are terrible, hurting her zoning game and she has trouble with characters that outrange and punish her normals, but can do insane damage and mixups once the distance is closed. But this is just two scrubs talking*:pac:
    Current Tiers;
    S: Litchi, Bang, Ragna

A: Arakune, Hakumen, Carl
    B: Hazama, Jin, Taokaka, Lamda
    C: Tsubaki, Noel, Tager
    D: Rachel

They bumped Rachel further down*:pac: Dunno what Tager's doing so far down now, someone must've found a damaging combo for tsubaki, at long last. Noel's a shocker too, I'd've thought she'd stick in B, but I guess she lost too many options.
    And of course, Litchi is god(dess), taking the top spot away from Bang (what's that? My full screen normals to 5k combo make me highest tier? WELL WHO'DA THUNK IT)
    For the record, I'd probably still lose to Bang more than Litchi, thanks to training with Tin (even if he spends most of it trying to land his Astral Finish on me...*:rolleyes:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Not sure if I should stick to Arakune or learn Ragna (making me 4th or 5th in Ireland to do that, LOL)

As a former (scrub) Sol player, I think it's for the best I give up on Tsubaki.

Awesome find is awesome.

Just go through the related vids to find one you want =3 I don't think squirrelly or Mu have a place in it though, as all this was based on the Arcade port.

Voa wrote: »
    This is a slight oldbie, but it's the Arcadia tier list from about 5 months ago.
    Me and Joe reckon that Makoto will probably nestle in the B+ tier, above Jin but below Haza; her range options are terrible, hurting her zoning game and she has trouble with characters that outrange and punish her normals, but can do insane damage and mixups once the distance is closed. But this is just two scrubs talking*:pac:
    Current Tiers;

B: Hazama, Jin, Taokaka, Lamda

They bumped Rachel further down*:pac: Dunno what Tager's doing so far down now, someone must've found a damaging combo for tsubaki, at long last. Noel's a shocker too, I'd've thought she'd stick in B, but I guess she lost too many options.
    And of course, Litchi is god(dess), taking the top spot away from Bang (what's that? My full screen normals to 5k combo make me highest tier? WELL WHO'DA THUNK IT)
    For the record, I'd probably still lose to Bang more than Litchi, thanks to training with Tin (even if he spends most of it trying to land his Astral Finish on me...*:rolleyes:)

O.o i'm surprise noel is below jin, though she would be the same. i really need to find a way to punish hazama kick. I know you can but makoto has no range for that :mad:. litchi is just to sick in CS. Also your missing toakaka pretty sure shes in B+
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Not sure if I should stick to Arakune or learn Ragna (making me 4th or 5th in Ireland to do that, LOL)

As a former (scrub) Sol player, I think it's for the best I give up on Tsubaki.

Ragna is a good char. just ver low health some his bnb combos are easy but his advance are really tough.

B: Hazama, Jin, *coughcough* Taokaka *coughcough*, Lamda

Silly Joe, punishes are for good characters =3 Now take your fatal counter hits like a good chap, and when next we play offline, I'll show you how I can fit 2 snake bites into the punish for another 500 damage.

B: Hazama, Jin, *coughcough* Taokaka *coughcough*, Lamda

Silly Joe, punishes are for good characters =3 Now take your fatal counter hits like a good chap, and when next we play offline, I'll show you how I can fit 2 snake bites into the punish for another 500 damage.

yeah well, not going to fall for that. (need to find a way to close in). hate your hazama more then tager now. (also really need to learn combos for tager as well)

• Advertisement

Of course you're going to fall for it.
    These hitboxes are yours...
    And this is my kick.

Even in slow-mo, Hazama is badass-stylin'

Of course you're going to fall for it.
    These hitboxes are yours...
    And this is my kick.

Even in slow-mo, Hazama is badass-stylin'

cheers for that:D O.o her range really is terrible. no moves to reach you :(

Your only option is to clash the first hit of your air C, and hoping the second hit doesn't clash.

Of course, this is unless I just delay the kick a lil. Then I get the stronger kick version, and get so much time to do my combos and an extra 500 damage.

Or, you know.
    NOT jump at me.
    :D

Your only option is to clash the first hit of your air C, and hoping the second hit doesn't clash.

Of course, this is unless I just delay the kick a lil. Then I get the stronger kick version, and get so much time to do my combos and an extra 500 damage.

i assume that already, getting better againts your tager (love how i can go under your spark bolt)think i play makoto better then i play ragna. But i hate your hazama now. Won't be in casual till next wed :(

what was the text about yreval anyway?

Oh that! Yeah, the loser's semi's is up on Doom's youtube. Tager-Tager joy of joys.
    You know, I noticed that, and yet I seem to PERFECTLY time spark bolt to completely and totally MISS YOU every goddamn time.

I just want my magnetic squirrel. Why won't you give me a magnetic squirrel?

Oh that! Yeah, the loser's semi's is up on Doom's youtube. Tager-Tager joy of joys.
    You know, I noticed that, and yet I seem to PERFECTLY time spark bolt to completely and totally MISS YOU every goddamn time.

I just want my magnetic squirrel. Why won't you give me a magnetic squirrel?

thats because i time it so you miss.

worst part is i get you to the corner(after alot of work)you burst and i'm like :mad::mad::mad:

also the lvl 3 need to work on that a bit more you mashed out a super way to often, when it should have been legit.

cool i'm gonna check up the tager vs tager matches now.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

chueytoo wrote: »
    Ragna is a good char. just ver low health some his bnb combos are easy but his advance are really tough.
    Unless you're desperate to land over 6k meterless midscreen, the advanced stuff is entirely unnecessary. His simple bnb below does just short of 4k damage and builds 56 meter for free and is pretty much guaranteed to carry them to the corner.

5B, 5C, 5D(2), dash cancel, 6A sjc.C, j.D, dj.C, dj.214C, (land) 6DD, dj.C, dj.214C, (land) 5D(2), 623D 236C 214D.

I think once I get my own copy of the game I'll need to put a little work into Tsubaki.

's 'cause I save my vs makoto burst for when I'm in the corner. If you get me cornered, you win.
    Conversely, I have no clue when to burst vs Rachel. Her combos do so little damage, I can't seem to justify ever bursting, and her pressure is only so-so in this game. Though I do love the many many ways haku can troll Rachel.*
    *Slices tiny lolbelia*
    *Taunts*
    *Super*

I actually cant wait for CS to come out now, badly wanna learn some Arakune BS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

http://www.versuscity.net/2010/08/26/blazblue-continuum-shift-ii/

An upgraded version of BBCS for the arcades, featuring Valkenhayn and presumably Makoto.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Yreval wrote: »
    http://www.versuscity.net/2010/08/26/blazblue-continuum-shift-ii/

An upgraded version of BBCS for the arcades, featuring Valkenhayn and presumably Makoto.

*sigh* and Europe was so close to finally catching up to the most recent BlazBlue...

We'll probably get it all as DLC...at inflated prices.

Joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Since I'll have both US & PAL copies, I wonder which will end up cheaper.

Attention all BB heads;
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBBVlog
    This user will have the California North Install tournament uploaded over the next few days. Keep an eye out for your main, and you might learn some tricks.

Screw it, gonna tier whore this game and pick Bang. 5k off of a jab is just too good.

...at least I'll get some Tier practice.

Also, Joe; MikeZ can't beat Bang. 0-3, 2-3 in MikeZ vs Dacid Bro in the Norcal Final.

...at least I'll get some Tier practice.

Also, Joe; MikeZ can't beat Bang. 0-3, 2-3 in MikeZ vs Dacid Bro in the Norcal Final.

Is there a video of that?

I was on the IRC last night, posted up a link to the stream. The vids will be uploaded, most likely to theBBVlog as time marches on, but they're only just at the opening games right now...
    Also, to see Tsubaki played pressure, go there now and see their first game.

Also also; MikeZ's Tager. Just. Wow. It's. Man.

• Advertisement

omg carl vs carl match is like :eek: i can't keep up. Litchi way to good, all the litchi in north cal install are owning :mad:

Advertisement