Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESWC

Options
  • 14-06-2010 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Sup guys,

Yesterday morning i got an email inviting me to ESWC, it bascially said due to the cancellation of a participant invited, we are pleased to invite you to the ESWC Grand Final 2010 for the SF IV tournament.

I was delighted to be invited, so its going to me, ryan, zak, justin, marn, daigo, tokido, laugh, coungster, yamazaki, luffy, lord dvd, yagami and some other top players from all over, its going to be some event.

anyway i will be heading out there on the 30th for 5 days, i just thought i would let you guys know so you can keep an eye out on the event, a lot of top players from around the world will be taking part.

I will also update this thread with whats happening.

here is the site anyway www.eswc.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

But chunkis you suck! :pac:

j/k, have a good one, and keep us updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Good luck mate.

Don't forget to bring a flag!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Crazy! How did they get your e-mail? Pretty sweet , I'm sure 5 days with those guys will really help level up your games too.

Deffo keep us updated man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

excellent! Best of luck :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Sisko wrote: »
    Crazy! How did they get your e-mail? Pretty sweet , I'm sure 5 days with those guys will really help level up your games too.

Deffo keep us updated man.

There was a post on the main page of shoryuken.com about the event, thats how i found out about it, bacisally 5 players from around the world would get selected to take part in eswc because of the lack of qualifying events, all you had to do to was apply and they would select the best players based on previous tournament history. Lucky enough for me my tournament history is quite long so it put me in the running.

Out of the players that applied 7 got picked.

Here are the players that got selected

Justin Wong ( empire arcadia) USA
    Zak Bennet ( dignitas) UK
    Ryan Hart ( lowlandlions) UK
    Chasin ( lowlandlions) Holland
    Marn ( empire arcadia) US
    infiltration Korea
    Laugh Korea

As far as i know one of the koreans can`t make it so they had to select somebody else, and that somebody was me. I was so happy when i got the email because there are a lot of top players from all over who were in the running so i was delighted to get picked over them.

Anyway if anybody has a flag handy let me know!

• Advertisement

Hey, when you see laugh wish him good luck with his webstore e-Tokki.com. I bought from him. Cool guy. I think his real name's Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BourketheJerk

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Hey, when you see laugh wish him good luck with his webstore e-Tokki.com. I bought from him. Cool guy. I think his real name's Ryan.

Hey me too! He sorted me out with the Irish flag sanwa buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ian McTetly

http://live.eswc.com/?jeu=56 Chunkis vs Marn?! This guy put me out of the Q-Con tourney, and now he's fighting Marn? Ridiculously good stuff - representing the Emerald Isle!

Oh god, he's playing against Marn, aka Mr. "I can do any link I want"?

This won't be pretty...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

And the Daigo beating Luffy is in there too. Fun group he landed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Think the group chunkis is in starts playing at 9:00am today according to Marns blog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Chunkis lost all this matches.
    Marn and Luffy progress from the group.

http://live.eswc.com/?jeu=56

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Deadly - the korean guys did make it. Infiltration is a beast of an akuma.

PPC wrote: »
    Chunkis lost all this matches.
    Marn and Luffy progress from the group.

http://live.eswc.com/?jeu=56
    He didn't LOSE.
    He got STEAMROLLER'D. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Is there a stream?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭chunkis

Sup guys, Sorry for taking ages to update you guys with anything,
    but here is a quick update of everything thats been going on.

DAY 1.

First off zak and i just about made the eurostar with only a few minutes to spare, the train journey was quick and we arrived on time, the rest of dignitas were not so lucky and missed the train, but later arrived.
    Upon arrival we didn`t have a clue where to go, so we ended up walking around disneyland for about 2 hours in 34 degrees heat trying to find registration, along the way we found the venue where the event was going to take place, but we were not allowed in, at this point we both had enough of walking everywhere, so we decided to break in around the back lol.

After breaking in we were lucky enough to meet a guy who spoke english and after telling him our story, he let us use his computer to check the details of where we had to go, it turned out that this guy was the head technicain for the construction of the event and as we were walking away he called us back and told us to jump in the back of his truck, so we jumped on the truck thinking he was just gonna drive us to the exit, but instead he took us on a tour of the venue which was still heavily under constuction for an event that was less that 24 hours away.
    But it was nice to get a first hand look of the event before it was complete, i wish i took some pictures but anyway...

So we finnally arrive at registration and all of a sudden i hear CHUNKIS! CHUNKIS! so i trun around and there is justin and marn walking towards us, they are so happy to see us i don`t think they have spoke english to anybody since they arrived, so we meet and great and marn and justin just moan about how there hotel sucks, and how its got no air con and that they have to share a room with a bunch of strangers.

Zak and I then headed over to see what the hotel situation was with us, so we approach the desk and the woman is like, Ireland - Magic circus hotel, United kingdom Adagio hotel. At this point i was like **** this ****....am not staying on my own in some crap hotel, but then some guy goes, its ok you can stay with me, i turned around and i was like who are you..and he was like my name is Handy and i from Indonesia...lol, at this point in my head i was like...is that right you HANDYCAP!!...I DON`T THINK SO!!!!

Anyway after i couldn`t change the hotel, i just just had to bite the bullet and stay with the handycap, so the 5 of us walked to the bus stop and hung out for a while. The bus to zaks hotel was taking forever, so handy and i decided to head off and get the bus to our hotel. We arrived at the hotel but now they are telling me that am staying in the Adagio with everybody else, this was quite annoying because the magic circus hotel was ALRIGHT! 4 star all the trimmings....Its really sweet!

So now i got the idea to use hotels, because all the fun is going down at the adagio, but the comfort is difinitely in the magic circus,So i left my luggage in the magic circus and then headed to the adagio. Upon arrival i meet zak and marn outside having a smoke, straight away they were like YO CHUNKIS, GUESS WHAT! am like what, DO YOU LIKE FIFA?? I was like yeah sure i like fifa, well according to the team the sheet thats what game i was playing tomorrow, now this must have been about the 3rd time they made a mistake on what game i was playing, but this time i was pleased because it Fifa is a game that i actually wanted to play.
    Anyway so we hang out for a while and listen to zak complain about his room, at this stage am so happy that i have two hotel rooms and i go between both, everybody is mad hungry now and justin is upstairs taking forever and nobody wants to go up and get him, i drew the short straw because my new room is just across from his so i head up to take a look, to my surpirse my room massive, its nothing like zaks room. its even got upstairs, for those of you who went to cannes, the rooms are twice as big as the northen guys room from cannes, well at least my room was, its got upstairs and two bath rooms! It was just like a house! I was so pleased. But it still didn`t beat my other room back in the magic circus hotel.

Anyway, so after i looked around i go and grab justin and we head to the lobby. The EG guys are there too so we all head out to dinner. We went to a cook your own food place which was kinda cool, it reminded me a little of japan. I see Laugh walking by with his friend infiltration so i call them in, but they couldn`t eat with us because there korean lol, anyway, the food was good, but it was a little expensive the bill was over 200 euros.

After that we went back to the hotel and hung out for a few hours sitting on the balcony, the cs woman teams all start to arrive and the trip is suddenly looking alot more interesting!

Anyway, no consoles so far in the hotels so nobody has played anything yet, tomorrow morning is the first tournament groups A and D, i don`t play until Friday.

So happy days!

Day 2.

Its now tournament day, ryan, zak, laugh, infiltration all through. Alot of casual went on, am doing alright in casuals, my ryu is doing a lot better than it had been at previous events and my guy is really doing well, am starting to really get into ssf4 and its looking good for tomorrow, i think am going to go with guy or ryu.

Outside the tournament everything is mad cool, all the players here are so friendly and the vibe in the hotel is really cool. Am heading out to drink now with all the cs girls i will write more tomorrow.

Day 3.

So i went out last night and i got drunk, i hardly got any sleep and got to bed at 7am, the tournament started at 9am, i turned up very late and they Disqualified me, but justin got me back me. So i steped up and played 4 games and lost 4. I used gief instead of ryu or guy. It wasn`t good. First up was was Marn and he batterd me 2-0, i had some ok rounds, but it was mostly murder. Up next was luffy, this went a little better, it started out ok and it was kinda close in a lot of rounds and could have went either way, but he just out zoned me and every time it came down to the wire he just did his ultra and it hit me from nowhere, before i knew it was game over, next up was a viper player, this match went alright, but again i got beaten, it was close in rounds but i just didn`t get over the line, finally i had an ibuki and this really went down to the wire, last round, pixels of life and then KO....So thats it, ive been eliminated.

So far its almost anybodys tournament, i will try and update you guys as much as i can, apologises for the text being all over the place, ps french keyboards are ****

Also This is to azza, to be safe you best register for evo, because ive not spoke to anybody from evo in ages and i don`t know whats going on with them regarding your enter and seeding into the event, they have been very poor with communications, so my advice is to register before the 5th, otherwise you wont be playing at all. Sorry i can`t do more, but i emailed and thats all i can do.

Good luck azza and enjoy the trip!

later on guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

chunkis wrote: »

Day 3.

So i went out last night and i got drunk, i hardly got any sleep and got to bed at 7am, the tournament started at 9am, i turned up very late and they Disqualified me, but justin got me back me.

....So thats it, ive been eliminated.

Wow...just wow.

🤪

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Wow...just wow.

Wow Chunkis, that would have been the complete opposite of my routine before a major tournament. I play a card game and before Worlds/Europeans, I'm in bed by 10 pm the night before lol.

chunkis, did you get to BOOM HEADSHOT any of the CS girls? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

They all equiped their knives so they could run away faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

some vids on this channel

http://www.druidz.se/nyheter/2/855/
    As some of you might know, Team Druidz is on site at ESWC in Disneyland Paris, France. At the event you will find Team Druidz' General Manager: Shades, as well as our swedish participant in Street Fighter IV; Yagami. New for this time is also our Irish representative in Super Street Fighter IV; Dominic 'chunkis' O'Connor.
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Team Druidz eh

Advertisement