Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pay For Apps on Android.

• 14-06-2010 3:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭

On the Android. How many people here pay for apps? Is the Android better for free apps, or the iPhone?

i dont even know how people buy. Is it PayPal? google checkout?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Pittens wrote: »
    On the Android. How many people here pay for apps? Is the Android better for free apps, or the iPhone?

i dont even know how people buy. Is it PayPal? google checkout?

Google checkout. Not available in Ireland yet, I can only think of a few worth paying for...

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

There's a lot of practical apps along with some decent but simple games that are free. I've yet to find an app that I wanted and decided not to get because of the cost, mainly because most of them were free. Only ones so far I thought were worth paying for are 'SwitchPro Widget' and 'PhoneMyPC'. I've also gotten 'beautiful widgets' but looking back I could have easily done without it, it just looks cool.:o Haven't delved too deeply into the gaming side of things but as far as I know the iPhone has quite a lead in terms of gaming given the support it's had over the past few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

So, how did you manage to pay for the Apps Ample? Was it on google Checkout outside of Ireland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

i wish theyd hurry up and get it sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

If they ever bring out Angry Birds, ill defo be paying for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

The only Apps i've considered paying for would be MyBackup and beautiful widgets (Which is brilliant value at €1.49)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

I've bought:

bTunes
    Beautiful Widgets
    Grooveshark
    Let's Golf
    Assassins Creed
    Heavy gunner
    Raging thunder 1 (now uninstalled)
    Raging Thunder 2
    Armageddon Squadron (now uninstalled)
    ExZeus
    Space Physics
    Radiant
    Flight Control (now uninstalled)
    Speed forge (now uninstalled)

...eh off the top of the head. There could be one or two others i've forgotten aboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I assume you have to root to buy btunes as its only on the market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Ye i'm rooted. Although apparantly a UK PAYG sim (credit on it or not) will get you access too.

I remembered I bought another app - Radiotime. Awesome radio streaming app for nearly any radio station in the world you can think of.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Pittens wrote: »
    So, how did you manage to pay for the Apps Ample? Was it on google Checkout outside of Ireland?
    As far as I know there are two methods, one is to root your phone giving you access to market enabler which would give you direct access to the paid apps side of the market. The other is to just pick up a UK sim card and switch it out for your Irish one as and when you want to access the paid apps. The android market is region specific and the UK has access to the paid market. So as far as Google is concerned you're a UK user whether or not you connect through a wifi connection here in Ireland. A bit tedious but it's a simple work around until the paid apps become available here. First time I did it I just had to set up a credit card with Google Checkout and from then on not a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

On the verge of buying my first app, London Journey.

I've got my hands on a few paid apps by other means but I plan on paying for them once I'm fully content with the quality of the app.

Given the poor enough standard of apps I feel like I must reward those who deliver something really worthwhile so I'll be upgrading any free versions with adverts to the full versions too.

Advertisement