Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is your drunk food stop?

Options
  • 14-06-2010 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭

So it's Saturday night,

Time to leave whatever club/pub you wound up in and get an overpriced taxi, where do ya get the feed to try and battle the hangover. Mrs Ziedth tells me it's better to make sandwiches because the food down town is rotten anyway. I of course think she is wrong.

For me it's always a tacco pizza and garlic bread from apache. I enjoy the time with however many of the lads come with me for a laugh and general banter before I set off home and they are fairly cheap compared to other places. In saying that I do like hillbillies but by the time I get the food out home it's cold and apache are rightfully very strict about people trying to sneak in food.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Aaron's or I'll do without

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭twitch1984

used to be istanbul 4 a kebab meat and chips, but hillbillys is my choice at d mo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

twitch1984 wrote: »
    used to be istanbul 4 a kebab meat and chips, but hillbillys is my choice at d mo

Almost the exact same. Kebab meat and chips is one of those things that I always regret eating! Go for the chicken wrap in Hillbilly's now as I can fool myself into thinking it's healthier!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Better be a chicken cesar wrap johnny, they other one is evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

During daylight hours I used to like the Lamb kebabs from Istanbul. They don't seem to do them anymore.

I think it went downhill there, haven't been there in a while though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

mix meat kabab from the curry village

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Lads you need to try this for drunk food. Freshly made hot falafels in pitta bread with salad and a topping of your choice. Very tasty. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

shapez wrote: »
    Lads you need to try this for drunk food. Freshly made hot falafels in pitta bread with salad and a topping of your choice. Very tasty. :D

From where?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭mojor

I'm a sucka for fried chicken after a few too many

Chick King all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

Istanbul chicken meat and chip with garlic and chilli. Litterally salivating just thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Depends on my mood really...

Aarons bacon n cheese chips
    Istanbul chicken kebab
    Hillbillys chicken burger

Probably my favourite is a breakfast roll from the 24 hour Maxol... Eat that happily sober!!!

Had garlic bread with BBQ sauce in apache on friday night which was nice despite ziedth's protesting that there should have been cheese on de garlic bread!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

Hillbilly all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

New York Pie Co. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Istanbul chicken meat and chip with garlic and chilli. Litterally salivating just thinking about it.

try living in australia and thinking about having an istanbul mixed meat and chips .

i miss their food so much you just would'nt understand !!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

wud the kiwis do a deacent supplemet replacement :D im sure they wud lol ,,,back on track any one oppinions on the new york burger bar in town here by the peoples park ,,havnt tried it out yet but is next on my private menu lol

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

Ah lads i can't get over the amount of people raving about Istanbul. The curry village does, imo, a far better kebab(and its only fiver ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

Adyx wrote: »
    New York Pie Co. :(

Peppered steak pies. yummmmmm

Those were the days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Kxiii wrote: »
    Peppered steak pies. yummmmmm

Those were the days.

yeah that place was top notch also , the ham and cheese pies fresh from the oven were unreal , peppered steak were fantastic also , did they move to that building in the park , i remember before i left ireland bout a year and a half ago someone mentioned that they sell nyc pie co. pies in there ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Generally, I just can't stomach food after a feed of drink. If temptation ever gets me, I have to eat there and then because by the time I get home, I can't even look at it and it's straight into the bin.

These days it would be a taco chip from Abrakebabra.

In the good old days it was the dearly-missed New York Pie for a traditional sausage in a roll, or chicken and cheese in a roll.

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

It is nicer with bloody cheese!!!! I can't believe I actually know more then one person that can be so wrong.

• Advertisement

I remember a mega creamy garlic chicken roll from pie co. They were quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm usually meandering slowly towards town from the peak of Waterford that is the Forum at around half 3, meaning most places are closed, or closing. Apache's €10 meal never leaves me down but lately I've been punishing myself with Mixed Meat and chips from the Istanbul.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭totallytrees

ziedth wrote: »

Loved that creamy garlic chicken. So messy, but so worth it. The chilli hotdogs were delicious also!

My friend used to work there so might suss out the recipes.......!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mr.Shabby

Nothing used to beat the New York Pie Company hot dog. Now I have to settle for a chilli chicken burger in Hillbillies.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

tuff1 wrote: »
    Ah lads i can't get over the amount of people raving about Istanbul. The curry village does, imo, a far better kebab(and its only fiver ;))

and they stuff it with meat so ya know your getting your moneys worth

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

Chicken Tenders from Hillbilly's. Nicest things ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

ziedth wrote: »

Remeber the saucepan incident in thomas street? That was caused by a dodgy mega chicken roll... Never ate them again after that;-)

And garlic bread with cheese is just plain wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Mr.Shabby wrote: »
    Nothing used to beat the New York Pie Company hot dog. Now I have to settle for a chilli chicken burger in Hillbillies.

Since my original post everyone has got it wrong. From NY Pie Co; Ham & Cheese pie > breakfast pie > hot-dog > chicken roll. I used to work in the Junction bar (opening at 4, closing at 12) and I used to alternate between NY Pie and the Wholemeal for dinner. Toasted paninis were unreal in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Thanks to this thread I will probably end up getting a kebab meat and chips for my dinner later. So much for the fitness and diet regime!

P.S. Where is the Curry Village? Is it next to Coney Island?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Battered sausage meal from Aarons :)

Advertisement