Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is your drunk food stop?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Thanks to this thread I will probably end up getting a kebab meat and chips for my dinner later. So much for the fitness and diet regime!

P.S. Where is the Curry Village? Is it next to Coney Island?

any chance of sending one down under for me !!

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

I was in the New York Burger Co. today. Spoke to the owner who says he hopes to be doing the pies again over the next couple of weeks as everyone who goes in there asks about them so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Ask about creamy garlic chicken rolls too :)

ziedth wrote: »
    Ask about creamy garlic chicken rolls too :)

Too late for requests today. But ill ask him the next day i'm in.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Kxiii wrote: »
    Too late for requests today. But ill ask him the next day i'm in.:)

Better make a list so. Ask him about the traditional sausage / hot dog. Also, ask him to stay open til 3am at weekends ;)

• Advertisement

gscully wrote: »
    Better make a list so. Ask him about the traditional sausage / hot dog. Also, ask him to stay open til 3am at weekends ;)

Oh what did i let myself in for, should of kept my mouth shut.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

aarons all the way..... has anyone ever tried Istanbul sober??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

I was in the New York Burger Co. today. Spoke to the owner who says he hopes to be doing the pies again over the next couple of weeks as everyone who goes in there asks about them so fingers crossed.

Where is that? I assume they are the same people as the New York Pie crowd.

Its down across the road from the park gate by 3 ships. The same couple from N.Y.P.C. own it they do mid week lunch specials 6.90 for lunch plus tea or coffee. The burger i had was nice and came in a blaa.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Across the road from the main entrance to the people's park. By the three shippes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

Can of coke and 2 battered sausages - aarons

or

Can of coke and Chickenmeatandchips(said really fast) - Istans

I dont really get food all that often cos its like a circus come food time. I ususally try get something that I can eat at home.

I hate when I see people eating pizza's off the top of bins. Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Used to swear by hillbillies but the last few times i've been out at home its been curry village all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

angry_fox wrote: »

Challenge accepted! :D

Its down across the road from the park gate by 3 ships. The same couple from N.Y.P.C. own it they do mid week lunch specials 6.90 for lunch plus tea or coffee. The burger i had was nice and came in a blaa.

Used there be a Chinese or Thai place there?

Funny how you can pass these places but never take notice of the change.

dayshah wrote: »
    Used there be a Chinese or Thai place there?

Funny how you can pass these places but never take notice of the change.

There's a Chinese next to it and some kind of lawnmower at the other side. Can't remember what used to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Was it Poppys that used to be there?

Yeh thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

I like Aarons these days or Apache if im in the mood for a pizza. Used to always go to Istanbul but I saw one of them working in the barber next door once and now im paronoid about finding little hairs in me kebab:pac:

Years ago we used to go to skippers on the way back from the forum, jumbo batter sausages FTW.

BTW has anyone had the battered mars bar from Aarons? They can't be good for ya...

was there not a flower shop where that NY burger place is now?

also does anyone know whats going into the unit at Aylesbury Manor in Polberry. There used to be a spar and a bookies there before. There doing work in there last week or so? Chipper mabey?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

gobo99 wrote: »

also does anyone know whats going into the unit at Aylesbury Manor in Polberry. There used to be a spar and a bookies there before. There doing work in there last week or so? Chipper mabey?

i think it might be a pizza place but i wouldn't be sure. looked like a pizza oven been built when i passed.

• Advertisement

gobo99 wrote: »

I remember there was a flower shop there call Trstchillers or something (it was a difficult to spell surname). Don't know if its still there. I should pass by for a burger and flowers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

I accpet no responsibility for any side affects you suffer due to the lack of alcohol in your system.......

Its a pity johnnie walkers closes so early.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I accpet no responsibility for any side affects you suffer due to the lack of alcohol in your system.......

Its a pity johnnie walkers closes so early.

It is, Johnnie Walkers still does great chips. They close that early specifically to miss the really mental drunks though ;)

It is, Johnnie Walkers still does great chips. They close that early specifically to miss the really mental drunks though ;)

It really is testimony to a fine chipper that they don't rely on the drunken horde.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I used to go to the Istanbul and NYpieCO.

Being back home in recent times I cant believe how much the Istanbul are charging these days

south wrote: »
    i think it might be a pizza place but i wouldn't be sure. looked like a pizza oven been built when i passed.

passed by again today, sign up for "Sopranos Pizzaria". Plenty of competition for pizzas around with apache, 4star, ginos, coney island, espresso dominos and now sopranos. Little Italy here in Waterford,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭dezzyd

ziedth wrote: »
    So it's Saturday night,

Time to leave whatever club/pub you wound up in and get an overpriced taxi, where do ya get the feed to try and battle the hangover. Mrs Ziedth tells me it's better to make sandwiches because the food down town is rotten anyway. I of course think she is wrong.

For me it's always a tacco pizza and garlic bread from apache. I enjoy the time with however many of the lads come with me for a laugh and general banter before I set off home and they are fairly cheap compared to other places. In saying that I do like hillbillies but by the time I get the food out home it's cold and apache are rightfully very strict about people trying to sneak in food.
    Went to WIT about 2 yrs back. wasn't there a chipper called Tonys, had same pleace in Dungarvan. those chips and chicken were yum after pub!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Challenge completed and immediately regretted. :(

Got a mixed meat and chips and have no idea how I manage to finish it all after a few drinks. I could only eat about 3/4 of it I was stuffed. Still full and it's 5 hours later!

dezzyd wrote: »
    Went to WIT about 2 yrs back. wasn't there a chipper called Tonys, had same pleace in Dungarvan. those chips and chicken were yum after pub!!
    there was a Tonys takeaway beside the forum, still there i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

centra chicken fillet roll!

Advertisement