Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can I exfoliate every day?

• 14-06-2010 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

At the moment I'm exfoliating twice a week but I hate my skin on the days inbetween, make up just doesn't look as nice on me and my skin looks rougher - I used to have acne and still have some scars. Is it okay to exfoliate every day or is this bad for your skin? The one I'm using is Clean and Clear and says it's for daily use.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

As long as you have dry skin its ok, oily skin will only get oilier if you over-exfoliate. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Falcon Crest

As long as you have dry skin its ok, oily skin will only get oilier if you over-exfoliate. :)
    Thanks :) My skin is kind of dry and oily if that makes sense?! Sometimes it can get quite dry and sometimes it can be a bit oily but never too much one or the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

If you have scarring you would be better off getting a course of microdermabrasion or chemical peels. Or get a home kit (which won't be as strong). An exfoliant won't really make much difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

I've read conflicting reviews but I think its best to exfoliate twice a week... it can't be good stripping off skin that frequently and could damage skin cells - i'm no expert but its what I've been recommended.

I actually like the new St. Ives scrubs, they have an olive oil one and a microdermabrasion one, really gentle on your skin too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Micahelxcx

Can any women explain how a guy can exfoliate?
    What products does he need, how often should he do it and how long does it take?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Dermologicia have a micro daily exfoliant - which would be kinder for your skin and you could exfoliate every day.

Advertisement