Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Replacement cover question

Options
  • 14-06-2010 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭

Hi, I bought a PS3 in argos in the north 2 years ago and bought the 3 year product replacement cover along with it. The thing is i now live in the Republic and the ps3 has become faulty. Anyone know if this cover is valid in the Republic and i can get it sorted here rather than in the north?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bluenose1956

A few years ago, a video camera I bought in London (Dixons) went wrong, as I did not know of a Dixons in Ireland I took it to Currys in Blanchardstown. They not only fixed it but were able to pull up details of the extended warranty I had bought in London. It could be Argos would have a similar set-up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Should be no problem. Argos will replace it on the spot with a new one. You can then choose to buy another 3 year policy if you like, to cover the new one. Good idea since PS3's do have a crappy laser that can fail at any time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Cheers for the responses guys. I dont live that far from the border so i decided to take the ps3 back to the store i bought it but they gave me a number to call the insurance company which is allianz but ive had no luck getting through on this number thus far. The only issue i see is that my former address is on the reciept so i wonder if they have to send someone out to pick it up would they collect it from the Republic because they might try and repair it first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I'm surprised you were asked to call the insurance company - the standard practice is to do an on-the-spot replacement for you. Try a store in ROI, it should work there too.

(Also, you only put your details on the form when you're making the claim, you don't have to do it until then. Just pick up another blank form in the store - details of the insurance itself are listed as a separate item on the till receipt.)

Advertisement