Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Internet bought bike and LBS servicing

• 14-06-2010 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,

I'm going to purchase a new bike over the internet (a Planet-X, most likely). I was just wondering what people's experience of getting such a bike serviced by your LBS. I'm not mechanically gifted and would probably need the backup of a decent mechanic.

cheers
    cj

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

On a related topic, does anyone know what most LBS stance is on fitting parts bought elsewhere? I've got my eye on a frame and I'd be able to fit most of the standard stuff but wouldn't want to chance pressing the BB or fitting/cutting down the headset and forks. Would your average LBS be ok with just charging labour for fitting parts or will they only help you out if you buy the stuff from them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Convict

I've done the same. It isn't a problem - I usually go to City Cycles. A bike is a bike and it's a job they get paid for.

Advertisement