Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safety boots

Options
  • 14-06-2010 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I'll get reasonably priced boots with steel caps?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Safety Direct or Caulfields, both on the Tuam road.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Anchor safety direct out at Briarhill have an offer on boots for €65.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

hardware store in eyre square beside dunnes has work boots

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

dunnes used to have pairs for 25uro,probably only last 6-8 months depending on type of work you're at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Mr.Mister

Aldi and Lidl do some decent ones from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

What size are you looking for ? I know there's a pair at my Ma's house belonging to my younger brother who never used them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

I got some in Anchor a while ago for €27 & the service there was great. Would definately recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If your going to be working in these it's worth paying extra for work boots to get a good brand. You'll get years of good use out of them and they'll actually do the intended job for that length of time.

When it comes to anything work related it's always better to pay good money for the "work" brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Portwest in town do workwear now too. You'll also get them in the likes of Flaherty Markets and Peter Currans and the other electrical wholesalers.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

I got a pair in terryland. Is it byrons? They were 35 quid but I was buying two pairs and they gave us the second half price so that worked out well.

Yes, I am going to be working in them but only for a few weeks and will probably never wear them again so didn't want to spend lts of money.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement