Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG do we get the 45 degree desks and level?

• 14-06-2010 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

just wondering do we get the right desks for the DCG exam and can we change level i have till this firday so i might take higher paper if i think i can do it :p

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

It probably depends on the school/centre, but ordinarily I'd say you don't.

When I did my Junior and Leaving Cert we were given drawing boards, (ie. A2 plank of wood), and T squares, but no tilting tables!

EDIT: I don't know how it works regarding level... at which level did you do your project?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mr_paddy

ah right wel it a bit dum i think cause y would the let u work on those desks for the whole LC and dont even use them on the day of the exam lol ah i did a higher project but the might have them corrected already but i dont know let

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

If you did a higher project do the higher paper. And in our school we get to use the proper DCG desks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

mr_paddy wrote: »
    ah right wel it a bit dum i think cause y would the let u work on those desks for the whole LC and dont even use them on the day of the exam lol ah i did a higher project but the might have them corrected already but i dont know let
    Hi mr_paddy, welcome to Boards! I hope the LC is going well for you! :)

Please note that this site is severely allergic to txtspit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

mr_paddy wrote: »
    just wondering do we get the right desks for the DCG exam and can we change level i have till this firday so i might take higher paper if i think i can do it :p

I was told last year the DCG class at our school sat the exam in the classroom, you can only do the higher paper if you did the higher project but you can drop down from higher on the day if you feel your not up to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

We're dont get to use the proper DCG desks in Marys...we're all in seperate classrooms so we jus using the normal desks....i did the door attending last year tho, and my examiner this year is the same woman so she's dead sound with me....asks me after every paper how was it and howzagoin in general....I'll ask her nicely nd hopefully she'll let us bring in the right desks.

We're using A2 paper and the drawing boards are pretty much exactly A2 to its impossible to get the pages square, let alone get an adjustable right down to the bottom of the page....some of the intersecting planes questions are ten times harder if the desks are too small becuase the adjustables can be at fairly shallow angles:(

Advertisement