Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helix Piercing

• 14-06-2010 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭

Howiya everyone.

Just a quick question about a helix piercing. Got it done in Wildcat in Dublin about 8 weeks ago and it was quite sore for about 3 days or so and then stung for another 4 or 5. After that it stopped hurting unless its knocked or so but basically I'm wondering how long will it be before I'm realistically able to sleep on it becuase its been 8 weeks now and I still can't lie on that side of my head :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Healing times vary from person to person,especially when piercing through cartilage, but if its still sore to the point where it's keeping you awake at night I'd pop back to Wildcat and get them to have a look at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭smartarse2007

yea 8 weeks seems a bit tooo long being honest with you, maybe the placement on your ear of the jewelry which you have in it atm maybe leading to your irritation etc etc when sleeping

i would definetly go back to wildcat to get it looked over

usually you should nearly be able to sleep on it after 1-2weeks but as pierced said above healing times can vary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

Got it checked and they said it all seems grand just try angling my head a tiny bit different when I'm sleeping because they think the pain was my ear being pushed upwards which pushed the piercing into the side of my head. Tried it last night and had a perfect nights sleep. :D

Basically it was the bar hurting my head rather than the piercing itself if that makes sense.:P

Cheers for all the advice anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

I couldn't sleep on my helix for like 3 months...

Advertisement