Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canon 10-22mm f3.5-4.5 vs Sigma 10-20mm f3.5

• 14-06-2010 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

I was supposed to be receiving a Canon 10-22mm lens today but got let down (see my thread on the idiots). It was going to cost €696 (€591 ex VAT).

There's lots of comparisons on the net between the older Sigma lens f4-5.6 and the Canon 10-22mm and it seems the Canon wins hands down with the general response "if you can afford it go for the Canon". The latest Sigma 10-20mm f3.5 is supposed to be an improvement and better in lower light conditions than its predecessor. However there doesn't seem to be any comparisons on the net. One of these is €649 in Conns in town. Conns has the Canon @ €899.

I need the lens tomorrow and am just thinking I may as well just buy the Sigma. Do you guys who are more in the know think there would be much of a difference between the 2?

I'll be using it for photographing interiors for estate agents.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

I've read on another forum that the image quality of the Sigma f3.5 isn't as good as the older f4-5.6
    I'll post a link if I can find it....

€649...ouch. I got mine from amazon for a lot less than that (i know thats not much good to you now)

Edit
    Have a look here and here

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭golfman

Well as luck would have it I went onto the Conns website and typed in 10-22mm just to check if I had the price right and they had a 2nd hand one in stock. Went in this morning and bought it.

I was also on a waiting list for a 550D in there but snapped up a bargain of a hardly used 400D for €280 last night off Gumtree. That should do me fine for photographing interiors! :D:D:D

Advertisement