Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

briliant maths question

• 14-06-2010 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

What do ye think of q 7 on the higher maths paper. talk about adding salt to the wounds of people banking on boland or longley in english

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

Haha yeah I remember it now! :P It was like how to apply maths to your own life...

For anyone who doesn't know, it was a question working out the probability that what a girl has studied for an English exam will come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

hahaa i was thinkin the exact same... then i realised.. oh feck i spent a whole night trying to figure out the odds of getting my poet to come up and I couldn't do it...

so i had to guess a few parts.. 7/20 i think was part i.. and the others i forget but I don't think there right... 1/40 was an answer i got i think... oh well

but i couldn't help but laugh when i seen it hahaah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

love this thread :D

cue the conspiracy theories :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

johnmcdnl wrote: »
    hahaa i was thinkin the exact same... then i realised.. oh feck i spent a whole night trying to figure out the odds of getting my poet to come up and I couldn't do it...

so i had to guess a few parts.. 7/20 i think was part i.. and the others i forget but I don't think there right... 1/40 was an answer i got i think... oh well

but i couldn't help but laugh when i seen it hahaah
    7/20 was the first bit. 1/40 the second. I forget what I got for the third.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭miniture

love this thread :D

cue the conspiracy theories :p

It would have been briliant if they actually mentioned boland and longley haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭blacklionboy

Even the state examinations board has a sense of humour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Got the part (a) and (c) no probs then ****ed up this, shouldn't have done probability. Q3 was so lovely too, I'm a fool. Hopefully won't cost me my A.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Yea that question brought a smile to my face, not least because it was so bloody nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Lol so I'm not the only one who thought "guess calculating poets probability is studying after all".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

didnt study a wink of probability for paper 2 so i had to do everything else, everything was grand till question 4, the part c was so hard, but q5 part c was eaaazayyy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭miniture

I should point out i did pass but some of the lads wshowed me that question

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Any one else think Q5 was a babe of a question ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    Any one else think Q5 was a babe of a question ? :D
    the part c where u had to show it was equals to 2+2cos(a-b) or whatever it was was so eassssy!!

Advertisement