Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish HL Paper 1

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

zam wrote: »
    Yeah the reading comprehensions were mad hard! And my essay was a senseless rant! Did the debate about the decline of Gaeltachts, got a bit carried away :P Overall went really badly. I was counting on it for an A1.. But anyway, must soldier on...

Was aiming for the A1 too.. Aural was lovely, probably lost a few marks for the odd spelling mistake in the rush of it all but otherwise good. I also wrote about the decline of the Gaeltachts, only 3 pages hopefully it's good enough. 2nd comprehension was grand, 1st was a bit of a struggle I didn't leave myself much time and then started to panick. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Urgh, the comprehensions were so bloody difficult. Nothing like any other comprehensions I've encountered, that's for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

gaeilgebeo wrote: »
    I don't think "aisling" is a foreign word at all Dolliemix... The HL poem "Uirchill an Chreagáin is an "aisling politiúil".

I was referring to the word Camino!!! :D

As a teacher I just got concerned that some of my students might have been thrown by that. I'm well aware that 'Aisling' is not a foreign word and that Urchill is based on an Aisling :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

I think I used 'aisling' as a substitute word during one of the comprehensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭frankymail

I honestly thought the comprehension were pointless. They pissed me off. You could tell some high up old irish man decided them. They were pure Caic. Would they not use more interesting topic and the likes. I thought they were managable enough but honestly the subject matter was disgraceful.

Happy enough without how it went though. Nearly fell asleep during Paper 2, there's so much to write and it's awfully boring. I knew the stuff it was just a continuios effort to vomit it out onto the page. haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement