Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese Classes/Courses in Ireland?

• 14-06-2010 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

I've been trying to learn Japanese for the past few years now, and though I've tried several sites and software packages, I really think it would suit me better to attend a physical class.

No digs about how I have no motivation or drive please! :p
    I just find that I learn better in a classroom environment, it's what suits me!

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me about classes that they know of.
    I'm in Kildare, so I'd be willing to travel Dublin as often as required.

It's not for the Leaving Cert, so those kinds of classes probably wouldn't be open to me.

I'm aware of the Sanford Language institute too, but I've heard positive and negative reviews.
    I'm not sure whether or not to part with my money there just yet.

Has anyone got any suggestions of where to start with this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 MzFit

I also would love some tips, since my (excellent) tutor has just had to quit due to personal matters. My spoken Japanese has fallen far far behind my comprehension, reading and writing! Any help would be much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

I too want to attend a class physically. I got a feeling that my pronounciation is atrocious as I never had anyone to correct me! Hoping to find a teacher before going to Japan and being laughed at by my terrible pronounciation.

While looking at Trinity's list of courses for my CAO, they apparently have small courses for learning japanese. There's beginner, post-beginner & intermediate. The problem with that, I feel that I know most of the stuff for a beginner but not enough to attend anything beyond that. I wonder can I get a syllabus off them.

Advertisement