Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those who did Project Maths, what did you think of the paper today?

• 14-06-2010 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭

I think I've failed maths thanks to it. Such a load of sh*t.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dunno9

I know it was awful!! Definitly messed up my grade!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Piss easy apart from the window question in OL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

it's up on examinations.ie now if you want to check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Just had a look at the HL one on examinations. I really like the practicality of it, but it's kind of like missing something. I'm so glad I did the normal paper!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭apachedropout

I must say I really liked the pass paper today :) There was a few questions that required a lot of thinking, like the window question, but still managed to answer everything. I spent my whole weekend looking over the notes on projectmaths.ie and going over the sample and mock papers. I didn't do well on friday, so wanted to get an A in the second paper as I need a B3 for my course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

I did the Honours paper and I have to say, I was relieved!
    It really suited me, made up for a terrible Paper One! I think I could've done with more time, I ended up rushing through certain sections, but aside from that I was happy.
    It was great that the predicted theorem came up, I was afraid they'd ask a complicated proof instead *exhales in relief*
    Wasn't sure about the ship question, took a while to get my head around it but hopefully succeeded! If not, always attempt marks.... :)

Did anyone get an answer for 9B part 2? The roof question? The answer for the length of wood needed in my answer was something like 19.004m I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭klose

Mock was waaaaaaay easier!! they trew in probability everywere and the car insurance question was hard, still need to fix their wording on questions, probs ended up with a c all over, dont need a matchs mark but im sure some people will class that as a hard paper..

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skykes

Window question was difficult, and the wording was all over the place. Really messed me up. I got 5 questions in paper 1 50/50 so was hoping for an A1 or A2 and now Im being brought down to a B or C..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

Sickened with the amount of probablilty they threw in. All I can say is hopefully attempt marks will be handed out loosely, they won't want people to fail it..how would that look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 L.C.Deirdre

Did anyone get an answer for 9B part 2? The roof question? The answer for the length of wood needed in my answer was something like 19.004m I think...

I think mine was like 27ish????:confused:

Yerra, it's technique that matters!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dunno9

Wording was really weird.. =(
    Anyone know what was happening with MHR= a - b x age??
    Think an A is definitly not going to be on my sheet on th 18th =(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Duncannon

I think I've failed maths thanks to it. Such a load of sh*t.
    The project maths paper varied in standard from very easy to too difficult
    Dont worry they will mark it very easy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Duncannon

Dunno9 wrote: »
    Wording was really weird.. =(
    Anyone know what was happening with MHR= a - b x age??
    Think an A is definitly not going to be on my sheet on th 18th =(
    The standard of 6 of the questions was between H Junior and Ord Leaving

Advertisement