Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor ever changing T&c's ...

Options
  • 14-06-2010 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

I have Meteor free txts when i top up by €20 & i have never requested to change that offer & when i topped up by €20 yesterday i got a txt confirming i now have free texts for next 30 days.
    Then i Get a call off meteor today telling me that they have changed the T&C's of my Offer to free txts online for next 30 days (i never send txts from meteor online) & abruptly changed my plan..
    I think this is Unacceptable, Especially since i only topped up by €20 yesterday.
    Im thinking of moving to tesco mobile now :rolleyes:

Anyone else have problems with Meteor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Come.with.me

I was going to make my own thread but seeing as it's meteor I'll put it here.

Ya meteor are actually so stupid, I have a free talk and text to meteor mobiles plan. You would assume that when they say it's free, that the call if free regardless of time spent on the call! :confused:

They charged me 15euro for a phone call because it went over an hour and he wouldn't refund me because he said I should have hung up before it reached an hour and rang my friend back. Why the f would I do that when I was never informed that you had to pay for FREE calls! ugh have to go buy credit now tomoro cos of them ****! Do tesco mobile have a good plan? I've been with meteor 9 years but the way your man handled it on the phone I would definitely move!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

@ the OP, that's pretty stupid as everyone gets the free online texts...there's definitely something wrong there. If you go online to your account you can see what plans are available and you can change it there, there's definitely some available - even the free texts and data package for PAYG

As regards come.with.me, yep that's the deal with most networks and their free calls (it's in the T&C's and up to you to read it or not) - nothing is ever completely free or unlimited, otherwise you could abuse the privilege.

Otherwise I've found Meteor to be grand, not perfect but not the worst.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Every single free call offer I've ever seen is up to an hour, then hang up and call again.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Maybe you misunderstood ?? They may of moved you to there new plan which also has free texts but comes with a internet browsing allowance too ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭LaughOrDie

Does noone read the terms and conditions they sign up for? I am sick of hearing people saying 'I was never told', have you seen most copies of T & Cs. Theres a lot of info there. No sales or CS agent is ever gonna tell you all of them. Thats would take a considerable amount of time.

Read T & C's before commiting to anything! If you dont you cant complain after.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

yea but they changed my deal, They could of waited til i use up my credit not call me up informing me they are Now altering my PAYG plan now iv to top up by €20 again if i want free txts, All i use my phone for really is txt's. 12c a txt is a lot if you send 50 to 100 a day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I was going to make my own thread but seeing as it's meteor I'll put it here.

Ya meteor are actually so stupid, I have a free talk and text to meteor mobiles plan. You would assume that when they say it's free, that the call if free regardless of time spent on the call! :confused:

They charged me 15euro for a phone call because it went over an hour and he wouldn't refund me because he said I should have hung up before it reached an hour and rang my friend back. Why the f would I do that when I was never informed that you had to pay for FREE calls! ugh have to go buy credit now tomoro cos of them ****! Do tesco mobile have a good plan? I've been with meteor 9 years but the way your man handled it on the phone I would definitely move!

They're very clear about not spending more than 59 minutes on each call, hang up and call back again.

OP, if Meteor changed your plan against your wishes, call 1905 and explain it to them and demand your plan be switched back and you refunded so that your plan is re-activated. They did this to me about 2 years ago and were fine about refunding me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Went in to Meteor shop today & got everything sorted. Back on the free talk & text for 30days ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

whiterebel wrote: »
    Every single free call offer I've ever seen is up to an hour, then hang up and call again.

thats what I like about O2 - their free call offer is unlimited and you dont have to hang up and redial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Bloody hell. Who do you spend over an hour on the phone to?

I've moaned in the passed about Meteor but in fairness to them any issues I've had they've rectified.

Edit: I change my mind. Just had to call Meteor there over an issue I was having and the girl was clearly on her rag.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Bloody hell. Who do you spend over an hour on the phone to?

My mother would do that before having to draw breath........:p

Advertisement