Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Emergency (Reading band on canary's leg)

Options
  • 14-06-2010 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

I found a bird, a white canary think it's a neighbour's. He lost his white canary a week ago. His canary is 3 years old. The band on this bird has 09 in small letters and 27 in big letters. I'm wondering if it means the bird was born in 2009 or 2007. So now I'm not too sure if it's that guys.

Two of my neighbours keep canaries. The guy next door is a tad strange and I reckon he wants to keep this bird and is saying, "Oh ya drop him in I'll take him er I mean give him to yer man." I don't want this just in case it turns out to be someone else's bird. I gave the next door neighbour a red factor (reluctantly) and he gave him away to a child who "liked the colour. He has a yellow canary and reckoned the red factor was "too big."

I keep canary's myself and would sooner hang on to this canary before guy next door gets his hands on it. So before I go into the other neighbour (whose bird I think it is) I need to confirm that it is his bird. I don't know the other neighbour so well but he's friends with the weird guy and I don't want them cooking up a scam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Good on you for making sure not sure but this crowd might be able to help advise you on id http://www.parrotsocietyireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Nic'name

Hey I hadn't seen your reply. I read it correctly and it wasn't that guys bird. I brought him back to the pet shop and when no one claimed him I took him and I have him now :)

Advertisement