Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paper Version French

• 14-06-2010 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am just after recieving a list of my subjects and just realised that my paper version for French is in Irish. I put this down without thinking back in Feb/march. I would be able to do the comprehension q in irish, but I don't know about the tape since I learned french through english so when I hear a french word I translate it to english, difficult enough without having to quickly change it to irish! So my question is do I have to do the whole paper in irish (except the french q's) or can I just answer in English. The french paper comes in both so it doesn't mean getting a new paper.

What do ye think!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

You either answer it all in Irish or you don't. You can't mix. So if you want to answer it through English you just do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭blacklionboy

boxmc wrote: »
    I am just after recieving a list of my subjects and just realised that my paper version for French is in Irish. I put this down without thinking back in Feb/march. I would be able to do the comprehension q in irish, but I don't know about the tape since I learned french through english so when I hear a french word I translate it to english, difficult enough without having to quickly change it to irish! So my question is do I have to do the whole paper in irish (except the french q's) or can I just answer in English. The french paper comes in both so it doesn't mean getting a new paper.

What do ye think!
    i'd just answer in english. the correctors aren't Robots!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 boxmc

So it doesn't matter that the state examinations commission has me registered as taking it in irish? i can still just anwser in english? I wonder do they send papers registered as answered through irish to specific correctors?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭blacklionboy

i'd just answer in english. the correctors aren't Robots!
    call the helpline 090-6442700 see what they say

Advertisement