Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange(stray?) dog

Options
  • 14-06-2010 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Just wondering afew things, this dog(the white one) has started coming into the garden, the owners of the little dog and the garden don't like it, she's scared of it and he doesn't want him going to the toilet there. I don't think I'd be able to keep him out of the garden, they can't put up a gate and anything I'll say will fall on deaf ears. So to the few things I'm wondering, is there anyway of finding out if the dog has an owner or not, and an easy one what breed or mix is he.

Here's his photo, he is a lovely friendly dog and he has a brown patch on his other eye.

33e0bo2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Have you brought him to the vet to see if he is chipped? Where are you based?

Maybe a JRT cross?? I dunno really.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

He looks like the one from the end of the hollands. I could be wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SophiaF

looks like a jack russell cross lab or collie to me.
    I would take him to the vets or a local rescue to see if he is chipped. Ask in the local shops if anyone knows who he is too.
    I have had some sucess in the past with just putting wondering dogs on lead and walking them around the local area, someone normally says 'what are you doing with my dog' 'or thats my neighbours dog' and the problem is solved.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

drakshug wrote: »
    He looks like the one from the end of the hollands. I could be wrong.

I think your right, he just seemed to appear a few weeks ago and none of us can figure out where he gos or where he came from, we never see him on a lead and getting too near him is impossible, he was chased a few times so is a little wary now. When he walks off he tends to go onto the main road into the estate, so I didn't think he was from the hollands.

He's too big to be a JRT, the brown dog in the pic is a jrt or a jrt cross and the white one is fairly bigger than her

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

I'll keep an eye out for the wee fella, though I'm usually at work.
    I thought I recognized the street :))
    I guess we are neighbours. nuff said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 SophiaF

JRT crosses can be as big as the dog they are crossed with. I knew one once that looked exactly like a JRT but was the size of a lab :)

Advertisement