Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

type R integra DC2

• 14-06-2010 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

wanting to know what there like and if any one knows if they come in automatic and if so does anyone know where i could buy one............................. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Nope, they don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

audiA41990 wrote: »
    wanting to know what there like and if any one knows if they come in automatic and if so does anyone know where i could buy one............................. thanks

Great car, getting harder and harder to find a clean, unmolested one though.

Also they only come in manual afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Read up about them on http://www.itr-dc2.com.

They dont come in automatic, just manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 audiA41990

THERE a nice car alright but i need an automatic one and if they don't exsist well im ****ed which is a shame cause im driving a bz-g now and i just wanted a change but frig it............................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭Tefral

Defo dont come in Manual, the car is a race car for the road.

I own one, and they are a brilliant car, attractive to thieves though...

• Advertisement

cronin_j wrote: »
    Defo dont come in Manual, the car is a race car for the road.

Mine must be a fake TypeR so

:p

Onkle wrote: »
    Mine must be a fake TypeR so

why you say dis is it because it aint fast or its not manual ...

and i have a 180bhp levin auto and its not slow so i no what race car standards are and levins and integras arent even close to race car standards in comparison to some cars but they are serious...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

and i have a 180bhp levin auto and its not slow so i no what race car standards are and levins and integras arent even close to race car standards in comparison to some cars but they are serious...

/facepalm... just read what he wrote m8 lol

Why do you whant it automatic?

LOL CroninJ said they defo don't come in manual, mine is manual ;)

sorry didn't pick up on that that i tuk it u had had an auto my bad... and i need an auto for personal reason :( but if they don't exsist then i may as well giv up lookin for one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Get an automatic supra if you want a fast auto car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

and i have a 180bhp levin auto

Off topic but I seriously doubt that your Levin is 180hp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Joeface

DC2 is circa 1998 right

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/honda/integra/1998_1/

thats all of the models no Type R auto

there is how ever a SIR Auto 1.8 (Max.power (Net), kw(PS)/rpm 170 ps (125.04 kw) / 7200 rpm)

. not sure where you will find one of them

i drive a lowly Ti Type S :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Off topic but I seriously doubt that your Levin is 180hp

I dont think its worth bringing up that debate again.
    Most people into their cars know Levins never really make their published figures, but if it makes him feel better, more power to him!

Lurching wrote: »
    I dont think its worth bringing up that debate again.
    Most people into their cars know Levins never really make their published figures, but if it makes him feel better, more power to him!

off topic WHY DO YOU THINK IT ISNT? like i got it six months ago and iv put four grand into it and i have yet to get it dyno'd again but id like to think its on 220 bhp ish ............ anyway back to Type r's would it be adviseable or is it possible to take the auto transmission out of a prelude and convert it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

off topic WHY DO YOU THINK IT ISNT? like i got it six months ago and iv put four grand into it and i have yet to get it dyno'd again but id like to think its on 220 bhp ish ............ anyway back to Type r's would it be adviseable or is it possible to take the auto transmission out of a prelude and convert it :confused:

Fair enough, if you put 4 grand into it then it probably is what you say. It's very common to get people saying their Levin is 180Hp just because they've got an induction kit and a loud exhaust (just look on DoneDeal!).

What have you done to it, out of interest?

You'd have to stick a supercharger on a Levin to get 220!!

well theres know supercharger anyway i think :D and honestly id have to ask my brother for the info hes the lad that got it done for me down in killkenny from a guy that knows his stuff i just gave him the money haha i can find out if ye want but it cud take awhile .... the reason i done it was because i had to have auto and i didn't want to be payn tax on a 2litre and ya them ppl on donedeal most of them do bull**** but id like to think my money went somewhere :)

can we get back to the TYPE R NOW ..............

I wouldn't put a prelude auto box into a teg type r, just buy a prelude?

You can get an auto box out of a GSR but then you'd have to convert too much, it isn't worth it tbh.

• Advertisement

i would but they arent an integra ya no there just **** (my opinion) in comparison anyway

id hate the hassle but the results my be good if you could do it ........ i just said id ask yer opions and see if it was possible.....!!!!!!!!!!

With enough time, effort and money it would be possible but I just dont see a DC2 Type R taking well to an auto box seeing as it was never designed to take one.

Maybe best to look at other options.

ya maybe if you have any recommendations let me know... plz

LOL CroninJ said they defo don't come in manual, mine is manual ;)

Ha ha, Opps!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

ya maybe if you have any recommendations let me know... plz
    Caliden wrote: »
    Get an automatic supra if you want a fast auto car

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭5500

You can get an auto 1.6 integra but there sohc and dog slow. Tbh for the money it would cost to try and convert one to an auto you'd be better off looking at something else quick and auto

frig a supra 3litre tax would kill me ............ im really annoyed now f uck sake and hell know a 1.6 integra your nearly aswelll walking...............:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

well theres know supercharger anyway i think :D and honestly id have to ask my brother for the info hes the lad that got it done for me down in killkenny from a guy that knows his stuff i just gave him the money haha i can find out if ye want but it cud take awhile .... the reason i done it was because i had to have auto and i didn't want to be payn tax on a 2litre and ya them ppl on donedeal most of them do bull**** but id like to think my money went somewhere :)

can we get back to the TYPE R NOW ..............
    ITR's don't come in auto, i'd love to know what's done to your car though.
    You spent 4k and you don't know what was done?

• Advertisement

not a notion of what iv done but il get back to ya with a list before the end of the week if thats ok got a L.C to contend with.......................

i trust my brother he wudnt put me to far wrong i hope hahaha sure frig it ya only live once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

not a notion of what iv done but il get back to ya with a list before the end of the week if thats ok got a L.C to contend with.......................

i trust my brother he wudnt put me to far wrong i hope hahaha sure frig it ya only live once

well, id love to be your mechanic!

'yeah timing chain is gone, and the stuffer compander extractor is broken. oh, and....'

awh thanks man hahaha prior to what you might think im not that big of a retard (i think) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

awh thanks man hahaha prior to what you might think im not that big of a retard (i think) :D

:confused:

personally, i wouldn't be handing over 4k to anyone unless I knew EXACTLY what was being done, and how much the parts cost, so that I could calculate labour as well. I'd especially like to know what was done for 4k if theres no super or turbocharger on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

:pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

I dont think the prelude box will bolt stright onto a b series engine. you could use the automatic box from the sir .
    I think it would be a lot of messing personally.
    Also why would you want to change from the Levin after spending so much on it? would you not be taking a step backwards seeing as the levin has around 200hp already? :confused:

• Advertisement

I dont think the prelude box will bolt stright onto a b series engine. you could use the automatic box from the sir .
    I think it would be a lot of messing personally.
    Also why would you want to change from the Levin after spending so much on it? would you not be taking a step backwards seeing as the levin has around 200hp already? :confused:

A jap Dc2 has that as standard ;)

draffodx wrote: »
    A jap Dc2 has that as standard ;)

Also is lighter and has a more agressive gear set up

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

I know guys Im just probing for the spec list on the Levin :D

new manifold upgraded ecu new shocks new brakes, new radiator half carbon roll cage in back, some sort of new drive shaft dont ask me uel managment system i dont no any of the other stuff and dont really care anymore i want to know about dc2's and thats all i want to talk about so can we get off this ............. and ya it would be kinda going backwards but sure it dont really bother me kinda fed up with dis yoke now done all im goin to do with it allthough i wud like a bride bucket seat .... :D:D

None of that gives you 220bhp.

• Advertisement

thers a gud bit more but i hope it gives me some more well and i said at the begining i wasnt sure i just hope it gives me a bit more all i care about is that its the way i want it and its fast enuf soo.......... il have to get her dynod but i hear theres some reading rong so i dont no if il bother r do you no anywhere good..........

thers a gud bit more but i hope it gives me some more well and i said at the begining i wasnt sure i just hope it gives me a bit more all i care about is that its the way i want it and its fast enuf soo.......... il have to get her dynod but i hear theres some reading rong so i dont no if il bother r do you no anywhere good..........

There's a dyno day next sat, come along and stick it on, there'll be 2 or 3 DC2's there so you be able to see if you would be taking a step forward or back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    There's a dyno day next sat, come along and stick it on, there'll be 2 or 3 DC2's there so you be able to see if you would be taking a step forward or back.
    Good thinkin' Batman.

Drop the txtspk please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

There's an auto 2 litre twin-turbo Legacy on adverts that might suit you

http://www.adverts.ie/238588/cars/legacy-b4-blitzen/

Seems like good value too, you may need the 'box fixed though.

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    There's an auto 2 litre twin-turbo Legacy on adverts that might suit you

http://www.adverts.ie/238588/cars/legacy-b4-blitzen/

Seems like good value too, you may need the 'box fixed though.

That car looks lovely but a lil too cheap?

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    That car looks lovely but a lil too cheap?

Lovely car but €1500+vat to fix that box problem and needs a belt and service at €700 which brings it to approx €4300

A boardsie is selling that!

Lovely car but €1500+vat to fix that box problem and needs a belt and service at €700 which brings it to approx €4300

Diggin it, nice comfy fast car for 4k ain't too bad to be fair

A boardsie is selling that!

Did his username and the fact it's on adverts give it away?

• Advertisement
Advertisement