Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish ordinary paper 1 - letter/sceal

• 14-06-2010 6:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭

The letter about your parents hotel or restuarant... whatever ostan means i always get mized up!!

what was it about? did it mean offer your friend a job there, or tell her about your job? i wrote about my job, and then i offered her a job in the kitchen, i covered both aspects just in case!!

and for the first sceal, what was it about?? it was about you seeing a football, noone was near and your heart jumped with glee wasnt it? i wrote about a football match, but 2 girls i was talking to afterwards wrote about a seeing a shadow in their house.. o.o

How did you get on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Yeh everyone is saying diferent things.

For the sceal I did the ball coming towards you and jumping and then I ran across the pitch, slipped on ice, ambulance........

For the letter I talked about me working in the kitchen.
    I heard it was offering the friend the job :(

My comprehensions were hilarious nearly put down whole paragraphs :pac:

Hope I passed and the listening sucked too everyone was so loud in my centre.

Ugh was delighted with maths though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

oh god the comprehensions, some of the questions i understood but for like 90% of them i just searched for the word and wrote down the sentece... sometimes 3 sentences xD the tape was so annoying expecting us to write that super long phone number in 2 goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

I checked it there on examinations.ie coz everyone seems to be asking this.

It said that your parents have opened a new restaurant and you were meant to write your friend a letter telling him/her to apply for a job. Hope that clears it up for everyone

It said that your parents have opened a new restaurant and you were meant to write your friend a letter telling him/her to apply for a job. Hope that clears it up for everyone
    thanks a million for that :D
    i said "ba mhaith leat an post etc.?"would you think that would get the marks?

Yeah, basically as long as you managed to get the point across that your parents have a restaurant and there was a job on offer then I'd imagine that's what they wanted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Bollocks.

Woops lads, I meant Hotel, long day... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 whitneymufc2010

i started the letter talking about how i have a job and how i hated it, then realised i should be telling him a job is available for him, so i said at the end of the paragraph i dont like my coworkers and i wish i had new ones, then i talked about the money and how i spend and hope to save for a holiday, and then i had a paragraph tellin him to apply for a job, saying i know i said its bad but as i said the money is good and we could go on holiday together in then end. would i get full marks for the task even though i started wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Bollocks.

What he said..

i started the letter talking about how i have a job and how i hated it, then realised i should be telling him a job is available for him, so i said at the end of the paragraph i dont like my coworkers and i wish i had new ones, then i talked about the money and how i spend and hope to save for a holiday, and then i had a paragraph tellin him to apply for a job, saying i know i said its bad but as i said the money is good and we could go on holiday together in then end. would i get full marks for the task even though i started wrong.
    that sounds perfect!!

i wrote my usual learned off opening, then i wrote about how i work with my parents, then said she could have a job if she wants workin with me, that the job paid well and was fun
    then i wrote about falling over and going to the hospital, but that the kitchen was safe and well now!! i threw the accident in coz i had it learned off and couldnt put it in my other question... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Anyone know what kind of damage I've done? Can't understand the marking schemes :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

how much marks will u lose if u didnt offer the job and just talked about working in the kitchen??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 whitneymufc2010

9 marks goes for doing the task, and you wont loose all nine, so minimal marks

well you can get 22/60 marks by writing a good opening and closing paragraph!! and since you wrote about a job youll get plenty more!! you might lose a few coz you didnt write about offering the job but overall youll be grand :D

Tá tú féin agus do chara ag iarraidh airgead a bhailiú chun seandaoine a thabairt ar saoire. Scríobh an litir a chuirfeá chuig iarscoiláire saibhir ó do scoil ag lorg airgid air/uirthi

Can someone translate please? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I misread the scéal and only realised after but did extra questions so they'll pick my best questions. A lot of people didn't understand the letter so you're not alone!

Anyone? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Danger781 wrote: »
    Tá tú féin agus do chara ag iarraidh airgead a bhailiú chun seandaoine a thabairt ar saoire. Scríobh an litir a chuirfeá chuig iarscoiláire saibhir ó do scoil ag lorg airgid air/uirthi

Can someone translate please? :)

Something along the lines of: You and your friend are collecting money for elderly people to go on holiday. Write a letter to (not sure but possibly a rich past pupil) from the school looking for money.

Not perfect but you get the jist.

Advertisement