Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I sit a subject I don't do in school?

• 14-06-2010 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

If there is a paper left over can I just take it and do it, even if my school dont have me down for it.. Like will it be marked and counted towards points?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

are u thinking about sitting ag science or religion for the craic ?haha might as well go for it if nothing to lose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Why would you want to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

If the department know you're doing it then you can, but you can't just turn up on the day no prior notice

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

eoins23456 wrote: »
    are u thinking about sitting ag science or religion for the craic ?haha might as well go for it if nothing to lose

Maybe business haha as im not looking forward to irish paper 2! The exam papers seem ok Id say you could pull a pass. EU stuff and all that..
    No pressure either fresh approach haha. :D Religion would be the job too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭EvilLlamaThingy

If you're doing a subject outside of school and you tell them, then yeah. If you show up on the day and randomly decided to do a subject you don't do, then no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Mr Cawley

Too late to do it now!

i'm external, they needed my final (would no long be able to add/change) subjects couple of months ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

You can only sit subjects you've submitted to the department, so yes you could have, had you decided on it about 6months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Epicness wrote: »
    Religion would be the job too

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭RyanK

If you're not on their list for that exam then you won't be able to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭H2student

Did the above say Religion is easy? I heard it was really philosophical and difficult :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭fauxshow

Every subject at higher level for the Leaving Cert is hard you know! People have too many illusions about ''easy A's.'' Religion is mainly theology and philosophy for the LC, also there's a project similar to the history one so you'd probably never pass it...

And basically no, you can't just show up on the day because you decided to do an exam!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I'm doing Applied Maths in the school but I don't do it in school, but I had to add it to a list that my vice principal gave out about 4 months ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Melena

Epicness wrote: »
    If there is a paper left over can I just take it and do it, even if my school dont have me down for it.. Like will it be marked and counted towards points?

I don't know have things changed but my bro way back when he did his LC had a dodgy physics teacher or just the lack of ability to study the subject!
    Him and his friend decided for the craic to sit ordinary geography(which he hadn't done since JC)
    He ended up passing no bother and failed physics!:D

so in some cases its a good idea!:D :pac:

Advertisement